Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-13-2009, 09:45 AM   #2521

QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
You're warm. You should look up what some people consider as a drawback of the DA* 55/1.4 (and I'm not speaking about the focusing speed or the price but with regards to the bokeh).
QuoteOriginally posted by NewRsoul Quote
I'd say some sort of in camera database of lens data so the image can be manipulated for fringing vignetting focus bokeh etc. based on the lens in use.

Am I close :-)

QuoteOriginally posted by RBellavance Quote
Add CA/Purple fringing (& maybe distortion) to the mix and I think you'll be even closer.
if this is close to true, i would be very happy. it would make all the older pre-DA lenses even more compatible! bye bye CA on 77 1.8!

05-13-2009, 09:47 AM   #2522
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It's very beautiful camera. GREAT work of designers.
I can say only BRAVO, Pentax!
05-13-2009, 09:48 AM   #2523
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by fejker Quote
What does this image shot with the Canon 1Ds Mark-III and 200mm f/2 have to do with the new Pentax?
It shows us what perfection looks like and giving us a goal we can never attain!
05-13-2009, 09:54 AM   #2524
Inactive Account

okay. time to save up!

05-13-2009, 10:08 AM   #2525
Veteran Member

I have heard that....

well, I know wat the bulge besides the lens mount is...
it contains a small saw so we can get rid of the Ricoh pins the moment we mount it...
05-13-2009, 10:16 AM   #2526
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by janneman Quote
well, I know wat the bulge besides the lens mount is...
it contains a small saw so we can get rid of the Ricoh pins the moment we mount it...
oh man that would have come in handy when I first got my k20d. I had bought a 28mm cpc lens for my k1000 off ebay and was mounting it to the k20d, turns out it was for ricoh and got stuck for quite awhile. I was scared it was stuck for good!
05-13-2009, 10:22 AM   #2527

QuoteQuote:
- Mic plug (mono)
Stereo....

05-13-2009, 10:23 AM   #2528

QuoteOriginally posted by Yohan Pamudji Quote
Magic? Olympus managed it with the E-3 so it's doable. Canon have more product segmentation and artificial crippling problems than they do actual technical issues implementing all these features available from other manufacturers. They can; they just won't.

Make that $4000+ cameras with Canon. The 5DII isn't really weather sealed. You'd be making a $2700 paperweight out of it if you ran it under a running faucet. I'm not sure I'd try that on a 1-series either, but that's where the "real" weather sealing starts in Canon land.
No... I had no idea Olympus had one that did that... like I said when I had my first post here... 'Canon Fan girl' is not in the habit of specing out 'other' cameras, so I am unaware of their features... to this point I have been happy with what I have been offered, however now that I am on the path of looking to get a quality 'weather sealed' camera... I'm not so sure now on canon's part

Like said before I dont even know how I ended up here, this thread pulled up by some search I did... but I'm glad it did

QuoteOriginally posted by fejker Quote
What does this image shot with the Canon 1Ds Mark-III and 200mm f/2 have to do with the new Pentax?
Well its clear that she was not wearing her new necklace in the first photo
05-13-2009, 10:25 AM   #2529
Veteran Member

Good one Lore

Welcome to the forums
05-13-2009, 10:39 AM   #2530

So, is there any idea what the US price will be? Body only? Will Pentax have rebates this spring? And will it be available immediately?
05-13-2009, 10:42 AM   #2531

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Yes...Doves, wind, wood and beauty. The wedding ceremony for Pentaxians and K-7 is closer and closer.
Wedding ceremony? That's certainly an interesting way of saying "No new mounts".
05-13-2009, 10:44 AM   #2532
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
theme song already released on amazon...

name indicates this will have focus tracking and faster AF for sports photography
05-13-2009, 10:48 AM   #2533
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jmbradd Quote
theme song already released on amazon...

name indicates this will have focus tracking and faster AF for sports photography
Best I can find on youtube...stupid copyright takedowns for some songs and not others.

Man...we used to blast this song back in the day!
05-13-2009, 10:51 AM   #2534

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
A bit smaller than K200D.

Our Big Day is coming...

Is it the aspect ratio??
05-13-2009, 11:04 AM   #2535
Veteran Member

Yvon has a list of specs in Japanese on his blog site. He said: "This is getting closer to the real thing." Yvon has an NDA so I am sure he knows the true specs. Here is the Google translation:

... 1.0 times the image magnification factor of 95% field of view
Long exposure time can be set off ... NR
Magnesium alloy exterior.
No new AF sensor ...
... 5-frame continuous shooting 8 under frame
Incompatible new battery ...
Focus ... No Bracket
Released before mid-June at venues in Sendai ...
Stock Videos

Not entirely new functions to other companies in addition to the above
It's like pictures, or features like crying like a camera ...
It's a new feature available from Pentax.
To imitate others or not ...
K10D is a strategic move that I hint ARURASHII hit from ...
It's the first surprise of this feature
I'm in the pattern is much improved sensor.

It says "No new AF sensor" but doesn't talk about AF improvements. Hopefully AF is significantly improved since that seems to be people's biggest complaint. (Not me. My biggest complaint involves the quality control of DA* lenses, but that is for another time...) The "new feature" is what has me intrigued. I hope it is something significant, and not just a gimmick for marketing.