Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-13-2009, 10:28 PM   #2611

QuoteOriginally posted by Edvinas Quote
Tai ten tu K20D omnitel.foto pardavinėjai už 2050Lt?
ne Maniski pazystamas paeme

05-13-2009, 10:37 PM   #2612

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ryan s Quote
Edit: Anyone with good PS skills care to make a comparison to the K-m?
My PS skills aren't that great, but here is a quick n' dirty sample.

Looks quite like the size of the k-m.
Attached Images

05-13-2009, 10:41 PM   #2613
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by illdefined Quote
Revolutionary to me, would mean bringing something new to the industry itself, versus just bringing Pentax to the level of it's current competitors.

I'm not sure if SMALL and current alone qualifies.
There is something NEW.
05-13-2009, 10:42 PM   #2614
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Sebbe_J Quote
My PS skills aren't that great, but here is a quick n' dirty sample.

Looks quite like the size of the k-m.
NO. Close to K200D. I think K200D's size is better than K20D. IMO.

Last edited by ogl; 05-13-2009 at 11:25 PM.
05-13-2009, 10:50 PM   #2615
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
There is something NEW.
Wonderful. I really hope you're right ogl, it could make all this inflated hype worth it.

Pentax already has me with me with the K-7. I want it to get others too though, people outside of Pentax.
05-13-2009, 11:15 PM   #2616
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bpjod Quote
For those who use their left eye to look through the viewfinder, let me assure you that you can learn to shoot with your right eye. I'm left eye dominant and used the left eye with the viewfinder for years. Then I got a Hexar AF and it was such a great advantage to use the right eye that I retrained myself to use the right eye at the viewfinder. I rarely use the Hexar anymore but that habit has pretty much stuck with me.

Of course I must qualify that this behaviour can be learned if you are merely left eye dominant. If you're amblyopic, have reduced sight in your right eye due to disease or trauma or you have a prosthetic right eye, well then I hope you can find a place to put your nose because you're going to have to stick with using your left eye.
Alas... amblyopic is my middle name (4/10 on the right eye... with glasses!)...

But I cannot blame that on Pentax now can I?
05-13-2009, 11:18 PM   #2617
Veteran Member

I'm absolutely amazed at all the whining about the camera not being big enough. What? If a compact, lightweight camera is that horrible, there will be a battery grip. If that's not enough, glue a brick or two to the battery grip, and if that's not enough, buy a D3 or something as Pentax is obviously just not your "thing". In the 70's, pro photographers used 35mm bodies that were all smaller than any current DSLR, and yet here we are in 2009 and cannot accept that our amorphous black plastic blob is smaller than other amorphous black plastic blobs. Again, what?

Some of us choose Pentax because the cameras are small, and will not be really happy until a DSLR is at least as small as the MX. The smaller the better, with no reservations whatsoever.

05-13-2009, 11:25 PM   #2618
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Did you take K-7 in your hands?
No. What are we talking about?
Ogl is right here, ergonomic details and general feeling can only be known when one has tried the camera in person.

I fear it will be too small for me and awkward to use because I am left eyed but until I have tried it, there is nothing certain.

And even after that, ergonomics is something really particular to one person: you like it or you don't.
05-13-2009, 11:26 PM   #2619
ogl
Banned

Compact DSLR is Pentax's feature. For a long time. Pentax made a lot of small SLR and DSLR.
05-13-2009, 11:28 PM   #2620
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by lol101 Quote
Ogl is right here, ergonomic details and general feeling can only be known when one has tried the camera in person.

I fear it will be too small for me and awkward to use because I am left eyed but until I have tried it, there is nothing certain.

And even after that, ergonomics is something really particular to one person: you like it or you don't.
battery-grip will help. testers said that K-7 with grip is more comfortable than K10D and more compact.
05-13-2009, 11:29 PM   #2621
Veteran Member

If the k-7 was released 1-2 years ago, I'd complain about the size as well. But now that I have found my niche, which is street photography, I'm very pleased with K-7's size.

Now I'll just wait for pentax to release a pancake 30mm f1.8.. that'd be a killer combo!

k-7!k-7! k-7!k-7!k-7!k-7!k-7!k-7!k-7!k-7!k-7!
05-13-2009, 11:31 PM   #2622
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Erik Quote
I'm absolutely amazed at all the whining about the camera not being big enough. What? If a compact, lightweight camera is that horrible, there will be a battery grip. If that's not enough, glue a brick or two to the battery grip, and if that's not enough, buy a D3 or something as Pentax is obviously just not your "thing". In the 70's, pro photographers used 35mm bodies that were all smaller than any current DSLR, and yet here we are in 2009 and cannot accept that our amorphous black plastic blob is smaller than other amorphous black plastic blobs. Again, what?

Some of us choose Pentax because the cameras are small, and will not be really happy until a DSLR is at least as small as the MX. The smaller the better, with no reservations whatsoever.
Some like small cameras, and some don't... ergo the one who like small cameras will rave about it and the one that don't... won't!

What's so strange?

I have very good reasons not to like small cameras and you probably have very good reasons to like them...

I see you are quick to get the traditional "if you don't like it, shut up and leave it!" argument but tell me this: if Pentax gets out a bigger camera sometimes in the future, will you switch to Olympus or micro 4/3 quietly and without a second look?
05-13-2009, 11:50 PM   #2623
ogl
Banned

if Pentax gets out a bigger camera sometimes in the future, will you switch to Olympus or micro 4/3 quietly and without a second look?
good question...
05-14-2009, 12:07 AM   #2624
Veteran Member

Some like small cameras, and some don't... ergo the one who like small cameras will rave about it and the one that don't... won't!
Yeah, but you get the battery grip, though.

What's so strange?
Well, honestly, I was being a bit more inflammatory than I needed to because that's the tone expected in this thread by now ... but what's so strange is people go with Pentax and then act surprised when Pentax releases compact bodies. It's what Pentax does.

I see you are quick to get the traditional "if you don't like it, shut up and leave it!" argument but tell me this: if Pentax gets out a bigger camera sometimes in the future, will you switch to Olympus or micro 4/3 quietly and without a second look?
No, I'd keep my K100D Super, but let's say it broke down and suddenly the only Pentax models available were D3 sized -- yes, I'd go Olympus faster than you can say E-420. I would miss my K glass, but honestly, no way in flaming hell am I carrying that sort of crap around.
05-14-2009, 12:24 AM   #2625
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by illdefined Quote
Wonderful. I really hope you're right ogl, it could make all this inflated hype worth it.

Pentax already has me with me with the K-7. I want it to get others too though, people outside of Pentax.
Yvon Borque at PENTAX DSLRs claims that "Other DSLRs will have to play catch-up" and the general buzz from people who have seen the real specs seems to be genuine excitement.

All we laymen have now is rumored specs. Let's see what the real specs are and what this supposedly amazing new feature is that will leave other DSLRs in the dust. Even if it only has the oft-repeated rumored specs I would consider it a great camera, and the fact that it packs all of that into such a compact frame is in its own way revolutionary. Nobody else is doing it. At the very least it's unique, which is something Pentax definitely need to emphasize and use to their advantage.