Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-14-2009, 04:54 PM   #2776
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Another rumor

Has this thread grown big enough to address other rumors as well?

New, slimmer PlayStation 3 in production (70% fake, 30% real)?

???????????? ?PS3???????????????SCE?????????

Meanwhile, Taiwanese laywers have started to write to web sites publishing the PS3 Slim images. So, I attach them, should the original link break ...

This confirms a PS3 slim is coming and shows a big difference in style between Sony and Pentax in dealing with leaked corporate information

Last edited by falconeye; 06-15-2011 at 05:28 AM.
05-14-2009, 05:02 PM   #2777
Veteran Member

i agree about the glass. it's been left for dead all these years, i want the latest technology focused at amking brighter glass which also shows me dof correctly, but nobody cares anymore, it seems. i am left chimping for every damn image to check my dof and how the oof areas actually look, that's the thing that bugs me most about using a dslr. i also want to have focusing aids which don't intrude, and are good for the entire frame, not split-damn-screen or microprism, don't tell me it couldn't be done if "they" would set their mind to it
05-14-2009, 05:55 PM   #2778
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If the new camera has even more options/menus etc., how about they make it so we can plug a computer mouse into the USB socket and use it like that? Beats all that scrolling left and right and up and down!
05-14-2009, 07:20 PM   #2779
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Steelski, glad you're the only one with an opinion that matters. Really, the ones making the biggest deal out of this aren't the ones who don't want it to be small, but the ones who do. Really, they got what they want, so why don't they just leave the rest of us the hell alone to dislike it as we wish.

05-14-2009, 07:26 PM   #2780
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jodokast96 Quote
Steelski, glad you're the only one with an opinion that matters. Really, the ones making the biggest deal out of this aren't the ones who don't want it to be small, but the ones who do. Really, they got what they want, so why don't they just leave the rest of us the hell alone to dislike it as we wish.
I don't get it. You can make the small camera bigger by adding a grip. You can't make a big camera smaller by breaking off parts.
05-14-2009, 07:56 PM   #2781
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mattdm Quote
You can't make a big camera smaller by breaking off parts.
LOL... Maybe i should just carve some wooden grips and sell them...
05-14-2009, 07:58 PM   #2782
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by illdefined Quote
this isn't ricehigh, it's not just one blog, it's the blog of the president of Pentax. it's like saying the White House is just a house.

he's published a full photo, and referenced a classic Pentax camera in famous hands for the purpose of inviting (and sensationalizing) discussion. the point is, Pentax, quite officially, wants us discussing the K-7 this early, ie. prodding and adding to all the hype.

i'm not judging badly, i think its unique and refreshing for Pentax to have this relationship with it's customers, again, i'm just hoping the K-7 will be worth all this officially sanctioned hype.
It's not officially sanctioned, I think. Ned's also human, too, so he's also prone to excitement and blowing things out of proportion like the most of us.

It would be nice if it becomes all worth the hype we forum people put on the camera, but I wouldn't expect it to be the perfect camera for everyone. No camera is, and no camera will ever be. We really just have different wants and needs.

05-14-2009, 09:11 PM   #2783
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Yohan Pamudji Quote
You know the camera hasn't been officially announced, right?
exactly my point
if the new K30/K7 is our dream come thru, and the marketing department is on the verge of releasing it, from a business point of view, they should show or say something. so we Pentaxians would know, some thing is coming out soon. this is why their marketing department are moorons, with no business sence
can you imagine world wide how many people bought the nikon D90 in the last 3 months, nikon advertised that model with Ashton Cutcher months before the release date

Dave
05-14-2009, 09:26 PM   #2784
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dafiryde Quote
exactly my point
if the new K30/K7 is our dream come thru, and the marketing department is on the verge of releasing it, from a business point of view, they should show or say something. so we Pentaxians would know, some thing is coming out soon. this is why their marketing department are moorons, with no business sence
can you imagine world wide how many people bought the nikon D90 in the last 3 months, nikon advertised that model with Ashton Cutcher months before the release date

Dave
You're being funny, right? Sarcasm? You have, of course, seen the big countdown clock on all of the Pentax sites? There has been a lot of viral marketing (and conversation about it), and it seems to be creating quite a buzz, even in photo circles outside of Pentax. So, you're joking, right?

btw, mispelling "morons" is hilariously ironic
05-14-2009, 09:28 PM   #2785

exactly my point

Dave
There's a difference between an announcement and a release. The D90 had its own course of internet rumors and leaks before it was announced. After its official announcement, the advertising began before its release.

And FWIW, I doubt Pentax has even 1% of Nikon's advertising budget. I wouldn't expect them to be able to afford commercials at all, let alone with a high-profile spokesman. And that has nothing to do with the intelligence or aptitude of their marketing department.
05-14-2009, 09:35 PM   #2786
Veteran Member

exactly my point

Dave
The rumor mill is great cheap marketing, plus they said they will announce it on the 21st so just wait and be patient.
05-14-2009, 09:40 PM   #2787
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Torphoto Quote
The rumor mill is great cheap marketing, plus they said they will announce it on the 21st so just wait and be patient.
well ok, i will wait till the 21st
but if nothing, its goodbye Pentax, Hello Nikon

Dave
05-14-2009, 09:48 PM   #2788
Veteran Member

well ok, i will wait till the 21st
but if nothing, its goodbye Pentax, Hello Nikon

Dave
did you get a good copy of the 16-50? if you did, will you sell it to me? :ugh:
05-14-2009, 09:57 PM   #2789
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
how dare they not announce a camera before announcing it.

i'm sorry but if ashton kutcher makes you buy a camera you're taking pictures for all the wrong reasons.
05-14-2009, 10:07 PM   #2790

Ogl,

I just need a simple answer from you.

Someone( Don't remember who and where) told what he had experienced: he saw a pro was shotting with a mysterious new pentax camera and the pro had NEVER checked the lcd.

If this story is related to what you called "SOUL", then just give me a . If not, simply a .

Thanks

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
I'm not fool (I hope), but I'm shocked a bit...