Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-15-2009, 06:14 AM   #2851
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
Thanks! Nice report even though most of it is just "hearsay".
Well, hearsay is technically correct. I used "learned" to obfuscate things a bit. Eventually, all information I am mentioning in my report is either by the photographer or by people under NDA from Pentax, or by Pentax itself.

05-15-2009, 06:16 AM   #2852
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
Well, hearsay is technically correct. I used "learned" to obfuscate things a bit. Eventually, all information I am mentioning in my report is either by the photographer or by people under NDA from Pentax, or by Pentax itself.
Technically it's still a rumor, but I appreciate it a lot that you have posted this.
05-15-2009, 06:20 AM   #2853
Veteran Member

I am wondering why the last barrier we still know nothing about is what a look through the viewfinder would be like ...

- Testers which may not have been allowed to swich the K-7 on

- ogl being "shocked" at VF "scheme" (ok, ogl is easily shocked, but still )

Really makes me curious
05-15-2009, 06:42 AM   #2854
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Gimbal Quote
Sounds good, but can you be a little more cryptic please.

Perhaps its made of cryptonite alloy?

05-15-2009, 06:46 AM   #2855

I am wondering why the last barrier we still know nothing about is what a look through the viewfinder would be like ...

- Testers which may not have been allowed to swich the K-7 on

- ogl being "shocked" at VF "scheme" (ok, ogl is easily shocked, but still )

Really makes me curious
Maybe they implemented the last's years patent, that incorporates several lens elements to magnifie the image in the viewfinder.
05-15-2009, 06:55 AM   #2856
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by NunoBarbosa Quote
Maybe they implemented the last's years patent, that incorporates several lens elements to magnifie the image in the viewfinder.
Yeah, but image magnification and coverage are already known.
05-15-2009, 06:59 AM   #2857
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
For the few like me that can't shoot with the right eye (75% blindness in that eye), then adding a grip to make it larger isn't a solution. I have a *istD which appears to be about the same size. I can't use the AE-L button or EV comp button on that camera while my eye is on the VF. It's OK with that body since there are not many buttons on that back of that camera so it's workable.

From the pictures (if they are even real) we've seen this camera is not for people like me. If this is the future trend, I'll use my K10/20D's till they die and then take my Takumars over to a FF Canon. I sure hope that making them small is not the way Pentax is going.
Ditto on that but (fortunately for everyone else...) we are in a minority and camera makers generally assume that people will use their right eye...

A note for your "hypothetical" swich to a 5D + takumars, they work perfect down to 50mm with adapter but wide angles (35f2 and 24f3.5 that I have) cannot be used because of protruding rear element that "conflicts" with the 5D mirror... (max distance for the 24mm is 0,8m and 3m for the 35mm)

05-15-2009, 07:00 AM   #2858

The hybrid stuff some people is talking about...
They invented the pentaprism "few" years ago...now they come with something new again...
05-15-2009, 07:00 AM   #2859
Veteran Member

Are they? do you have a link, must have missed that!
05-15-2009, 07:44 AM   #2860
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
So if I see it right the lock button is for getting the camera in/out of the movie mode, and that's why the movie icon takes a much larger slice of the cake
A user that had already his hands on the camera, says that it locks in every position.
05-15-2009, 07:45 AM   #2861

QuoteOriginally posted by lol101 Quote
Ditto on that but (fortunately for everyone else...) we are in a minority and camera makers generally assume that people will use their right eye...

A note for your "hypothetical" swich to a 5D + takumars, they work perfect down to 50mm with adapter but wide angles (35f2 and 24f3.5 that I have) cannot be used because of protruding rear element that "conflicts" with the 5D mirror... (max distance for the 24mm is 0,8m and 3m for the 35mm)
Oh for christsake... this eye buisness clearly I've never used a Pentax, so I dont know how what 'eyed' you are impedes you ability to use a camera .... minority complex... my goodness... there was a poll on POTN... a majority including myself are left eyed actually Are you Left-Eyed, or Right-Eyed? - Canon Digital Photography Forums according to those that responded... maybe it doesnt matter because our cameras are bigger... only uncomfortable camera I've ever used was an xsi I used for 3 days & sold right away, after I sold my 20D & I sold that cheap small plastic toy... was it uncomfortable because of my eye?????

no it felt like crap & it was junk.

Oh & 4 Days 21 Hours 15 Minutes

Last edited by Lore; 05-15-2009 at 07:52 AM.
05-15-2009, 08:04 AM   #2862
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Lore Quote
Oh for christsake... this eye buisness clearly I've never used a Pentax, so I dont know how what 'eyed' you are impedes you ability to use a camera .... minority complex... my goodness... there was a poll on POTN... a majority including myself are left eyed actually Are you Left-Eyed, or Right-Eyed? - Canon Digital Photography Forums according to those that responded... maybe it doesnt matter because our cameras are bigger... only uncomfortable camera I've ever used was an xsi I used for 3 days & sold right away, after I sold my 20D & I sold that cheap small plastic toy... was it uncomfortable because of my eye?????

no it felt like crap & it was junk.

Oh & 4 Days 21 Hours 15 Minutes
With that tone of type, We like you.
05-15-2009, 08:11 AM   #2863

On a PC, I compared images taken with it to the K10D and the K20D. Better noise performance by far, but it seemed too buttery, like it was heavily processed.
What the 'buttery' means? Is it kind of 'blurry' or 'soft'?
05-15-2009, 08:33 AM   #2864
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by doraMZS Quote
What the 'buttery' means? Is it kind of 'blurry' or 'soft'?
I imagine the hint to what he means is in the "heavily processed" part of the second sentence. Like there is a loss of detail that makes it look too smooth to be natural.
05-15-2009, 08:42 AM   #2865

Alternatively that it's good on toast but smells a bit funny on a hot day.