Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-17-2009, 08:28 AM   #3076
RaduA

QuoteOriginally posted by Dams2One Quote
DA*200 just enough for me
I don't need 2 of those because on the 20th you'll find out you lost.

Radu

05-17-2009, 08:41 AM   #3077

So 1/180 sync speed?!! That's way too disappointing! Unless RadioPopper comes up with a Pentax version, i'm going to be really frustrated with outside shoots!

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
All specs are on my table.
05-17-2009, 08:42 AM   #3078
Inactive Account

I dont want to be too negative here, but isint this shift turn feature is actually a cost saving thingie? I vould imagine that a 100% VF is a QC nightmare especially with nowdays manufacturing... So some cleaver engeneer come up with the solution to make the customer do the fine tuning for this feature:ugh: - you know you dont hawe to service a tilted/othervise misalligned VF becuse you can do it at home , Kind of like Af calibration of k20... Its useful, but basically a service cost saving for pentax.
And i suspect that the turn is not in the tilt direction as we wold love it, becouse i think that the shutter is too close to the sensor for it, and too complex to move with the sensor. So... for alligning only
But of course i would love to be wrong on this
05-17-2009, 08:49 AM   #3079
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pdangcil Quote
So 1/180 sync speed?!! That's way too disappointing! Unless RadioPopper comes up with a Pentax version, i'm going to be really frustrated with outside shoots!
Really 1/180? If it is true I am going to nikon .. good bye white, orange, green, yellow pentax without improved basic functions

05-17-2009, 08:50 AM   #3080
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tuszek Quote
I dont want to be too negative here, but isint this shift turn feature is actually a cost saving thingie? I vould imagine that a 100% VF is a QC nightmare especially with nowdays manufacturing... So some cleaver engeneer come up with the solution to make the customer do the fine tuning for this feature:ugh: - you know you dont hawe to service a tilted/othervise misalligned VF becuse you can do it at home , Kind of like Af calibration of k20... Its useful, but basically a service cost saving for pentax.
And i suspect that the turn is not in the tilt direction as we wold love it, becouse i think that the shutter is too close to the sensor for it, and too complex to move with the sensor. So... for alligning only
If it makes you happier, yes, you're wrong.
05-17-2009, 08:51 AM   #3081

I'm not going to go that far! I still love Pentax since I believe it's made for photographers. However, 1/180 sync speed is really disappointing considering all the cool new stuff we're going to see on this flagship. Hmmmmm..... wonder what the K30D will bring....

QuoteOriginally posted by kolouch Quote
Really 1/180? If it is true I am going to nikon .. good bye white, orange, green, yellow pentax without improved basic functions
05-17-2009, 08:53 AM   #3082

QuoteOriginally posted by tuszek Quote
as far as cameras now having the ability to ( well I dont know what pentax calls it ) but with canon its 'micro adjust' I think its a FANTASTIC feature... adjust your lens + or - a little so you do NOT have to be w/o your lens for any unnecessary amount of time... & hey if you have down time, by all means before that warranty is up have that sucker calibrated, both the camera and the lens, but let me tell you, I'm betting its still going to need to be adjusted a tad to be perfect... with this feature our photos can be at their best.

Having a camera that doesnt have this feature, I for one cannot WAIT to have 'micro adjust'

Last edited by Lore; 05-17-2009 at 09:02 AM.
05-17-2009, 08:54 AM   #3083
Veteran Member

Guys. Please.

All the sensor shift stuff and "specs" only relates to SR. Nothing more.
05-17-2009, 08:57 AM   #3084

RaduA is quite pessimistic. Let's Pentax surprizing us. 1/8000 means muscled-curtains then sync rise a step. And I guess 1/250 is a good deal.
05-17-2009, 09:01 AM   #3085
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Lore Quote
perhaps you are clueless as to what tilt shift is... please feel free to educate yourself Canon TS-E45mm f/2.8 - Canon Digital Photography Forums

as far as cameras now having the ability to ( well I dont know what pentax calls it ) but with canon its 'micro adjust' I think its a FANTASTIC feature... adjust your lens + or - a little so you do NOT have to be w/o your lens for any unnecessary amount of time... & hey if you have down time, by all means before that warranty is up have that sucker calibrated, both the camera and the lens, but let me tell you, I'm betting its still going to need to be adjusted a tad to be perfect... with this feature our photos can be at their best.

Having a camera that doesnt have this feature, I for one cannot WAIT to have 'micro adjust'

Umm... the K10 via hacked firmware mode can microadjust and well before any consumer level camera had this feature the Pentax K20D has micro-adjustment... The feature that you welcome Pentax has already had since the K20D right in the custom function menu. I believe what they are trying to say is you can shift the sensor independently and not for adjusting the focus.
05-17-2009, 09:11 AM   #3086

As far as I know, TS lenses ares possible because they use bigger elements in order to provide an image circle which you can move so it always cover the sensor. I think many of these lenses are MF lenses adaped to DSRL bayonets.
If the K-7 sensor really can be shifted/tilted, I think they also have to produce a new line of lenses with a bigger image circle, maybe FF image circle, because with most existing DA lenses this spec wouldn't be useful at all.
Please correct me if I´m wrong.

Anyway, if this turns to be true, I would be the first in the shop to buy the new camera, as it could be a revolution not only to landscape photographers but to architectural photographers as me as well.
05-17-2009, 09:15 AM   #3087

QuoteOriginally posted by codiac2600 Quote
Umm... the K10 via hacked firmware mode can microadjust and well before any consumer level camera had this feature the Pentax K20D has micro-adjustment... The feature that you welcome Pentax has already had since the K20D right in the custom function menu. I believe what they are trying to say is you can shift the sensor independently and not for adjusting the focus.
So the K-7 should have 'micro adjustment' then if the K20D has it then?

If so... guys... I'm sold

You'll have a new Pentax 'fan girl'
05-17-2009, 09:21 AM   #3088
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by codiac2600 Quote
Can you direct me to this hacked firmware? On the K10 I can only adjust globally, rather than for individual lenses...
05-17-2009, 09:26 AM   #3089
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
@ Lore
I'm 99% sure the new K will have micro adjustments for lenses. The K20D can store several different lens presets (BF/FF) so why shouldn't the new K have that option.

EDIT:
@ Acliffalay
I don't think it's possible to adjust focus for several lenses on the K10D. You can only make one general adjustment as you've said.
05-17-2009, 09:33 AM   #3090
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Yes K10D 'secret menu' only allows for general AF adjustment so maybe one less will be perfect but the other will be completely off.