Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-17-2009, 11:17 AM   #3121
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by DAZ Quote
I thought I had been following this thread closely (but it is so long I may have missed it) but I don’t remember anything about this. This is from the flickr New Pentax K model pool. pentax_k_7_01 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!. What are the things above the flash that look like LEDs? Are they LEDs for low light focus assist?

DAZ
It has been dismissed as a fake from a PSed K-m/K2000 flash.

05-17-2009, 11:18 AM   #3122
DAZ
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
It has been dismissed as a fake from a PSed K-m/K2000 flash.
Thank, sorry I missed that.

DAZ
05-17-2009, 11:21 AM   #3123
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Thank, sorry I missed that.

DAZ
No prob

That said it would be nice
05-17-2009, 11:26 AM   #3124
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by janneman Quote

yeah it is momentum based as far as I know but it could be "taught"to respond to camera movement as a result of pressing the button based on movement.
Then IF we get GPS in a camera it may be able to respond to that or maybe somewhere deep in the body is a small gyroscope

I think GPS is accurate to a few meters. That's some pretty serious shake!

05-17-2009, 11:32 AM   #3125
RaduA

QuoteOriginally posted by kolouch Quote
Really 1/180? If it is true I am going to nikon .. good bye white, orange, green, yellow pentax without improved basic functions
It would make me a special pleasure to close the door behind your whiner's ... well behind. I hope that you have the money for D400 (and that Nikon releases it) and VR lenses.

Bye!
Radu
05-17-2009, 11:44 AM   #3126
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by KungPOW Quote
I think Z axis movement of the camera would produce the least affect on focus, when compaired to either X or Y movement. You are right, unless your DOF is very shallow, the camera would need to move a distance greater then the sensor could compensate before Z axis SR would be useful.

But, camera rotation on the X and the Y axis would cause image blur as easily as movement along X & Y.

And you cannot compensate for X/Y yaw without allowing the sensor to move on the Z axis. A simple linear movement would not be enough, the sensor would need to tilt side to side and up and down.

It is the addition of SR to compensate for X/Y axis camera rotation that I think would be the big step forward. Z axis movement compensation would be a minor addition.
The whole principle of SR is to cancel out camera movement using only inversely proportional X Y sensor movement. It's geared to undercompensate rather than overcompensate so that any image blur is still 'your fault'. It's shake Reduction, not Elimination, much less 'Generation'.
05-17-2009, 11:48 AM   #3127
Veteran Member

I thought I had been following this thread closely (but it is so long I may have missed it) but I don’t remember anything about this. This is from the flickr New Pentax K model pool. pentax_k_7_01 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!. What are the things above the flash that look like LEDs? Are they LEDs for low light focus assist?

DAZ
I noticed the same thing. Do you think they may be continuous LED's for video shooting?

05-17-2009, 11:50 AM   #3128
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by janneman Quote
yeah it is momentum based as far as I know but it could be "taught"to respond to camera movement as a result of pressing the button based on movement.
Then IF we get GPS in a camera it may be able to respond to that or maybe somewhere deep in the body is a small gyroscope
SR doesn't 'move' the sensor as much as try and keep it in one place relative to the camera. It's just a little mushier than it was fixed, allowing momentum to do any of the controlling. there's no motors, only brakes.
05-17-2009, 12:00 PM   #3129

QuoteOriginally posted by KungPOW Quote
Yes, thats 3 degrees of movement (yaw on Z axis, plus travel on X & Y). I'm wondering if Pentax has figured out how to cover the other 3, giving us SR for all 6 degrees of movement.

And, yes movement along the Z axis would affect focus. That is the point. If the camera shake is along the Z axis, then to keep the object in focus, you need to move the sensor along the Z axis.
There is a Pentax patent (don't have a link to it, sorry) that incorporate the AF with SR to compensate for movement along the z-axis.
05-17-2009, 12:03 PM   #3130
DAZ
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by PentaxPoke Quote
I noticed the same thing. Do you think they may be continuous LED's for video shooting?
I was thinking along those lines. I have a LED headlamp that is so bright that you don’t want to look at it when it is on in a dark room so it is doable. But if it is a fake has anyone seen the K-7 with the flash deplored?

DAZ
05-17-2009, 12:18 PM   #3131
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Krg Quote
The Pentax K7 on film festival "Festival de Cannes" (french speaking)
This linked to a fake video.
This, however, is real
Orange Cinma Sries
05-17-2009, 12:28 PM   #3132

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
This linked to a fake video.
This, however, is real
Orange Cinma Sries
we love you too
05-17-2009, 12:33 PM   #3133

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
Before the confusion gets out of control here ...
The K-7 firmware can correct for distortion and CA for DA and DFA lenses, only. From the K-7 press release.
Which means that it will not do that for the FA Limited? My 31mm could really use that when used at f1.8...
05-17-2009, 12:39 PM   #3134
Veteran Member

Notice just two photos down on his blog

http://ivyjopy.spaces.live.com/?_c11_BlogPart_BlogPart=blogview&_c=BlogPart&...26ayear%3d2009

He states that another photos is shot on a k20d with the fisheye lens but notice this one doesn't state the camera. I know it's not exactly a good sample but still I think it is a sample from the K-7
05-17-2009, 01:06 PM   #3135
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dopeytree Quote

Notice just two photos down on his blog

[/URL]http://ivyjopy.spaces.live.com/?_c11_BlogPart_BlogPart=blogview&_c=BlogPart&partqs=amonth%3d4%26ayear%3d2009[/URL]

He states that another photos is shot on a k20d with the fisheye lens but notice this one doesn't state the camera. I know it's not exactly a good sample but still I think it is a sample from the K-7
Notice also this page of the blog shows a lot of pictures with no camera designation at the birthday party.... but later in the same party the K200D is mentioned in every picture.
I am 50/50 on it being the K-7. But the pictures really tell nothing unless we gave bigger ones and exif data
YJP的幸福数码生活: May, 2009