Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-17-2009, 06:57 PM   #3166
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dopeytree Quote
Here's the rest of what my birdie told me:

1080i Video at 30fps
There is no 1080i video at 30 fps. It's nonsense.

1080i at 50 or 60 fps.

at 30 fps is 1080p.

05-17-2009, 07:02 PM   #3167
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Lore Quote
I dont need no steenking manual... of course my 20D & 30D didnt do anything I didnt already know how to do... a camera that comes with 'new features' ... yes I can read. Crazy aint it

Manual for Pentax cameras is very interesting thing.
05-17-2009, 07:08 PM   #3168
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Will the norweigan eurovision winner unveil the k-7?
05-17-2009, 07:17 PM   #3169

QuoteOriginally posted by mysterick Quote
The shape is a 2-dimensional cube(?); maybe it's 3-D!
No way, kidding. The shift means SR now can reduce the tilt shakes. nothing more.

05-17-2009, 08:09 PM   #3170
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mysterick Quote
The shape is a 2-dimensional cube(?); maybe it's 3-D!
Now you're onto something. The "cube" button introduces cubist effects a la Pablo Picasso. Now that's something no other DSLR can do!
05-17-2009, 08:15 PM   #3171
Veteran Member

I'm not sure I got this :confused:

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
You have an incorrect idea about the algorithm behind the SR system. This isn't probably the thread to dig into this too deep.

In summary, imagine that the SR system observes rotation about two body axes and does a frequency analysis of them. Then, for each frequency, it detects its phase and amplitude, subtracts the latency of the SR mechanism from the phase, and retransforms the result into real space. It then multiplies the result by focal length and steers the magnets accordingly.

If you are lost by now (the anticipated effect of my explainations ), then you may just want to remember this:

It does anticipate movements. And there are no brakes
That's a great explanation of echo cancellation in a telecommunications system or perhaps of a digital frequency filter. But .....

In my hands, at any rate, the tremor is quite irregular and therefore not necessarily predictable on a millisecond basis. My hands go back and forth but not evenly like a pendulum.

The way I understood it, MEMS (micro electro-mechanical systems) emulating gyroscopes measure and counter movement in an interval that is small compared to the open-shutter interval. Pentax may still be using the Invensense IDG-300 for this purpose.

In a camera, the system is not looking for a vibration (as we see it) but individual movements in this direction or that. Each movement is countered without waiting for enough periods of movement to determine a vibratory state. Given the randomness of shaky hands, the sensor may wait forever for variation showing a consistent frequency and amplitude.

If the period of the movement were large enough, a system could detect that gross movement (panning) and turn off or modify SR in one direction (at least) while continuing to correct for very small random movements.

While all that sounds very profound, I'm actually a lousy photographer who emerged from university unscathed by electrical engineering. But I do read a bit and have an analytical streak that I feed with these discussions.

That also means I'm glad to be corrected where necessary

Cheers!
05-17-2009, 08:20 PM   #3172
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by filorp Quote
It doesn't depends on camera but more from flashgun i suspect. Did you try any of PT04TMv2s?
they get the black strip as well....

05-17-2009, 08:32 PM   #3173
Veteran Member

No, no, no

QuoteOriginally posted by Gordo Quote
Now you're onto something. The "cube" button introduces cubist effects a la Pablo Picasso. Now that's something no other DSLR can do!
With three dimensions and six sides, it's a hexahedron and we have the opportunity to be the art world's first hexahedronists. Two sides better than Picasso and Braque.

Unless the cube is actually a shape with equal sides in six dimensions, in which case it's a hexeract. That would make us hexeractionists and would make the K-7 a very unusual piece of equipment indeed. That's it! That's the singular nature of Pentax!

For those with entirely too much time on their hands, I recommend a quick look at Heinlein's "And He Built A Crooked House". Or ponder a bit on the ratio of external and internal dimensions of the TARDIS.

OK. Fun over. Time for some to go back to committing the feature list to memory (for the few who have not yet done so) or chanting the mantra and watching the countdown clock. Me? I'm for a malt scotch and another chapter of Judge Dee.
05-17-2009, 08:46 PM   #3174
Veteran Member

Just saw these two images on dpreview...

First one looks authentic, the second one looks a bit suspicious.

- Jason
Attached Images

05-17-2009, 08:57 PM   #3175
Veteran Member

#2 is a confirmed fake.
05-17-2009, 09:29 PM   #3176
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dave sz Quote
they get the black strip as well....
Use Pocket Wizard, Skyport, Pulsar or any other good radio triggers. There is absolutely no trace of "the black strip" at 1/180s if you use them.
05-17-2009, 09:32 PM   #3177
and
Veteran Member

Did we get a clear pic of the two buttons below the 4 way controller yet? the closeup shot of it is cut just above the two buttons, anyone know what those buttons do?
05-17-2009, 09:38 PM   #3178
Veteran Member

This thread makes my head hurt.
05-17-2009, 09:38 PM   #3179

really? Between 1/180 and 1/250, there is only a half stop difference. Why is it such a big deal ?

For reference, the Canon 5D can only do 1/200.

QuoteOriginally posted by GoldenWreckedAngle Quote
That is one prediction that better be on the mark. I am quite certain that I will never buy another 1/180 synch camera no matter what else it has to offer.
05-17-2009, 09:40 PM   #3180
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by and Quote
Did we get a clear pic of the two buttons below the 4 way controller yet? the closeup shot of it is cut just above the two buttons, anyone know what those buttons do?
These are "INFO" and "MENU" buttons... I guess everybody know what they do...