Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-18-2009, 01:55 PM   #3376

QuoteOriginally posted by dopeytree Quote
I overlayed against the d700s screen and then moved it.. look the hot shoe matches perfectly so this can't be that off can it!?

Edit: I see you were chatting about the 5D comparison which I deleted alomost imdiatly after posting :S not the D700
oh I was talking about when you had the wonky 5DmkII image up w/ the monsterized K-7 infront of it or miniaturized 5DmkII, whichever way you want to look at it... but by the time I got an appropriate link all up n junk n stuff, and posted, & I was going back to it... you had taken it down

EDIT: & now you have edited that post to say you know what I was talking about & NOW I have edited this post to say... Indeed.

05-18-2009, 02:00 PM   #3377
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by solar1 Quote
Quote from RH blog, anonymous poster.

Anonymous said...
"Guys. Wait for OFFICIAL specs. x-sync NOT 1/180, I know I work for Pentax."

Makes me wonder how many other 'specs' are incorrect.
I would use the term incomplete, there was an initial insider specs list and there is another for the official release, there have been some changes between them, Rice I'm sure has the initial first insider specs list, some others have the specs that will be used for release day ( and those are the ones I want ).

Rice did say his specs are subject to change ( since he knows he has the first insider spec list ). It's only a matter of hours to the official release when all will be revealed.
05-18-2009, 02:00 PM   #3378

Anonymous said...

It's the internet. There's ALWAYS someone who posts anonymously saying "I know, I work for :insert name:"

And it's usually just some 14 year old kid.
05-18-2009, 02:04 PM   #3379
Veteran Member

Anonymous said...

If that's the case they should go ahead and issue a PR with accurate specs or at least something along the lines of "please ignore the incorrect rumored specs until the 20th". If they don't people are just going to assume Ricehigh is correct. Not even RH is so bored/crazy that he would waste time (and what little is left of his reputation) making up false specs is he?

05-18-2009, 02:06 PM   #3380
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by nosnoop Quote
Now that the specs are almost out, we can start an official K-7 disappointment thread... :ugh::ugh::ugh:
Yes, I know this conforms to every stereotype going. I do reserve final judgement for that actual IQ of the camera, but to be sure this does not conform to what we were led to believe.
05-18-2009, 02:12 PM   #3381
Veteran Member

People also speculated based on actual filed Pentax patents, promises that the K-7 would really be a 'milestone' and the trouble ogl is having making sense of the VF 'scheme' in the manual he claims to have..
05-18-2009, 02:14 PM   #3382
Inactive Account

Wait. Until. Final. Specs. Officially. Released.

Trust me. Us Canon folk have had more practice at the new-camera-speculation game than y'all It all ends in pain and anguish if you don't a) wait for real specs, or b) do it for the fun of guessing, while knowing that whatever comes out before the official announcement is suspect.

Less than 2 more days, folks!

05-18-2009, 02:18 PM   #3383
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
So does it have auto focus for video?
05-18-2009, 02:27 PM   #3384
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike.P® Quote
So does it have auto focus for video?
Yes it has AF in video mode, to what extent we don't know yet ( face recognition etc are rumors still )
05-18-2009, 02:30 PM   #3385
Veteran Member

Now that the specs are almost out, we can start an official K-7 disappointment thread... :ugh::ugh::ugh:
Yup, quickly followed by "I told you" so and "pee on everyone who has not yet wet themselves in excitement" threads.

Actually, having an official disappointment speculation thread take wing might be the quickest way to get some semi-official clarification on some of the specs.
05-18-2009, 02:33 PM   #3386
Veteran Member

The only disapointment for me would be the 1/180 flash sync if it is true, other than that the K7 seems to be more than living up to the expectations. Now to see the video samples and hi iso and AF speed comparos.

If anyone was expecting much more, they are highly miss informed or reaching too far with expectations that are unrealasitic. Hell even Rice wants a K7 that should say it all.
05-18-2009, 02:39 PM   #3387
jay
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Art Vandelay II Quote
If that's the case they should go ahead and issue a PR with accurate specs or at least something along the lines of "please ignore the incorrect rumored specs until the 20th".
I think most companies shy away from addressing specific rumored features/specifications for a camera that Pentax hasn't even acknowledged exists (other than saying that there WILL be a new camera)

QuoteOriginally posted by illdefined Quote
People also speculated based on actual filed Pentax patents, promises that the K-7 would really be a 'milestone'...
I think it's funny that people run the rumor mill by scooping up patents and piecing them together into full cameras. I know it's been said (though obviously not enough), but everyone needs to remember that companies file patents all the time -- for things that may never be implemented.

And then everyone on here gets disappointed when the new K-whatever doesn't have a built-in coffee maker, X-ray vision, and shoots out flowers and rainbows from the pop-up flash -- even though Pentax patented all of these technologies!

Last edited by jay; 05-18-2009 at 02:50 PM.
05-18-2009, 02:40 PM   #3388
Pentaxian

Now that the specs are almost out, we can start an official K-7 disappointment thread...
No.

NO.

C'mon, I'm a perfectly happy K20D user -- not planning to upgrade for quite a while -- and I'm EXCITED about the new features. The size. The construction. The FPS. The video (okay, I'm not *that* excited about video, but anyway). The better live view. The higher-res screen.

I don't want to hear any of that I-told-you-so pity-party nonsense. Call the whaaaaambulance!

Even if half of the rumors are true, or even less than half, this will be a pretty nifty package.

So it won't be God's Own DSLR. Who cares? It will be cool anyway, and a sure sign that Pentax continues to move forward, despite the near-constant rumors of its demise.
05-18-2009, 02:52 PM   #3389
Veteran Member

I don't exactly get your analogy there. The color of a car has no bearing on performance of the car, but a good view finder can make all the difference on a camera. To me the single most important spec is VF size. I care about it more than FPS, weather sealing, or even flash sync. After all, the VF is your window to the world, the bigger and brighter the better. So long story short, yes, I would pay $1500 for a camera if the VF is amazing.

And I don't need to look at pics from the camera to know if I want it or not. I know good and well the IQ will be more than good enough for me. Every SLR made the last 3 years has had good enough IQ for me (in RAW mode anyway).
The analogy means: you look at one thing, not the whole package. Like buying a car for its 0-60 or 1/4 mile time even though it gets 13MPG in the city. Buying a house cause its cheap even though it's in a bad state of disrepair. Buying tools made in China because you "can replace them over and over if they break for less than the cost of quality tools."

I'd rather have a solid all-around camera than an over- or under-sized camera with a small 4/3 sensor, Sony ergonomics...even if it had a viewfinder of a 5D. My K10 isn't perfect (what is?) but for the price, its features, its performance, ergonomics, etc, it's right in the sweet spot.
QuoteOriginally posted by illdefined Quote
i fear if the K-7 doesn't have some new viewfinder tech or isn't appreciably smaller than the K20 or Canon 50D.... then that thread will be a really long one...

...or at least be named "why isn't this the K30?"
The best part: All the complaints will come from people who never laid a hand on one!

Anonymous said...

Typing looks like ogl's work...
If that's the case they should go ahead and issue a PR with accurate specs or at least something along the lines of "please ignore the incorrect rumored specs until the 20th". If they don't people are just going to assume Ricehigh is correct. Not even RH is so bored/crazy that he would waste time (and what little is left of his reputation) making up false specs is he?
Like the person who said the other week: "Who has the nerve would announce a camera before they announce it?" It doesn't matter what we, the peanut gallery, think, say, do, or post on the internet. Pentax doesn't care. Have you ever seen a Pentax executive step into a thread and say "Wait...you're not allowed to talk about SDM failures! We have no knowledge of high ISO banding on the K10D!" Uhhhh...of course you haven't.

In my mind, RH has all the time in the world to do what he's going to do, especially when it comes to building a "straw man" out of Pentax just to knock it down...to knock it down with the Canon 5D, especially. Wouldn't surprise me for a second if he made a decent amount of money off his blog.
05-18-2009, 02:53 PM   #3390
Veteran Member

True, not true. we worry so much of what's coming. Tomorrows a mystery, Yesterday is History, Today is a Gift that why we call it Pentax err Present. =)