Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-18-2009, 04:03 PM   #3406
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
This thread started out about "is this pic of ..."

Now, that more and more K-7 photos are being released, this thread should actually show them.

Part II:
These are photos shown exclusively on THE THREAD at pentaxforums.com. They are from a friendly fellow photographer and aren't mine.

Enjoy
Very nice! THE THREAD reveals all...

05-18-2009, 04:06 PM   #3407
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
there is no point to be so proud of yourself and call me impotent. I asked normal question. I have to decide whether it is worth to pay for 77 more or save money with 70.
05-18-2009, 04:07 PM   #3408

QuoteOriginally posted by DAZ Quote
The DA 70mm is better because it is cheaper.
No that is not right.
The FA 77mm is better because it is faster.
No that is not right.
The DA 70mm is better because it is smaller.
No that is not right.
The FA 77mm is better because it is 7mm more.
No that is not right.
They are both very good. It has a lot to do with what it impotent to you and this even goes for what is impotent to you about IQ.

DAZ
Bit of a Freudian slip, eh?

I guess if impotence is the issue, the bigger and longer FA77 is what you need
05-18-2009, 04:16 PM   #3409
Veteran Member

K-7 photos -- Part II
Note that there is no hint in the photos that the mount could be anything else than a crippled KAF3 mount.
There is no aperture coupling on the mount's left side (right side of image).

05-18-2009, 04:18 PM   #3410
DAZ
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kent Quote
there is no point to be so proud of yourself and call me impotent. I asked normal question. I have to decide whether it is worth to pay for 77 more or save money with 70.
Sorry mistyped. Did NOT mean to imply anything about you. I was only trying to say that there are things to like about both lenses. I like the FA 77mm because it is a little faster. That is why I have the 77mm. For others if you shoot at f/4 it is hard to tell the IQ apart and they like the DA70 because it is cheaper and smaller. Other like the 77mm because it is just a little longer (7mm). It really is hard to decide, as they are both very good. What to you like the most about a lens and that will guide you.

DAZ
05-18-2009, 04:22 PM   #3411
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Art Vandelay II Quote
Not even RH is so bored/crazy that he would waste time (and what little is left of his reputation) making up false specs is he?
Why do you think RH is doing this? He is announcing the K-7 specs before K-7 is announced. So obviously, he is not under NDA, and he does NOT have the official specs.

He is pulling this stunt just to get quoted everywhere and generate traffics.

QuoteQuote:
If that's the case they should go ahead and issue a PR with accurate specs or at least something along the lines of "please ignore the incorrect rumored specs until the 20th".
Are you really serious?
Putting out a PR to address unofficial specs written by individuals?

That ain't going to happen; and I think that would be totally inappropriate and unnecessary. Just wait a day for the official specs.
05-18-2009, 04:31 PM   #3412
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by DAZ Quote
Sorry mistyped. Did NOT mean to imply anything about you. I was only trying to say that there are things to like about both lenses. I like the FA 77mm because it is a little faster. That is why I have the 77mm. For others if you shoot at f/4 it is hard to tell the IQ apart and they like the DA70 because it is cheaper and smaller. Other like the 77mm because it is just a little longer (7mm). It really is hard to decide, as they are both very good. What to you like the most about a lens and that will guide you.

DAZ
Thank you, that was the answer that i expected. I saw samples of each lens and these samples look great. I guess I have to try each lens by myself

05-18-2009, 04:32 PM   #3413
Veteran Member

Part II:
These are photos shown exclusively on THE THREAD at pentaxforums.com. They are from a friendly fellow photographer and aren't mine.

Enjoy
wow. and enjoy i did Falconeye, thank you. can you or anybody else confirm that's an AF lamp by the trigger?
05-18-2009, 04:38 PM   #3414
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by nosnoop Quote
Why do you think RH is doing this? He is announcing the K-7 specs before K-7 is announced. So obviously, he is not under NDA, and he does NOT have the official specs.

He is pulling this stunt just to get quoted everywhere and generate traffics.

Are you really serious?
Putting out a PR to address unofficial specs written by individuals?

That ain't going to happen; and I think that would be totally inappropriate and unnecessary. Just wait a day for the official specs.
Rice has the first set of specs and pre release info pack, hence why he is confident in what he is posting. Now there are a few things that can change or be added on release day but his info is 95% accurate. Only a few now have the actual finalized released material and even that may change by tomorrow but there are no huge surprises.
05-18-2009, 04:38 PM   #3415

This kind of marketing (leaking rumors, specs etc) has proved to be a valid and successful approach for years, for anyone who disagrees simply look at the 1 billion Apple blogs and rumor pits. Getting people on blogs and talking about products is almost always great for a brand, particuarlly Pentax which could use an influx of PR and free marketing especially since its smaller company than CAN/NIKON. I mean ive never seen so many posts on this forum in years, so clearly its working ;-)
05-18-2009, 05:00 PM   #3416
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by illdefined Quote
can you or anybody else confirm that's an AF lamp by the trigger?
I cannot. This is from the initial press realease and it is all I know:
QuoteQuote:
By adding a light source type to its data range, and driven by a greatly improved algorithm, this AF system assures reliable, responsive autofocus operation superior in speed and accuracy to the previous system. The K-7 also incorporates an AF-assisting spotbeam projector in its built-in flash unit to improve autofocusing accuracy in the dark.
This is bad English and sounds mysterious. And it mentions "spotbeam projector in its built-in flash unit" which would be distinct from a suspected AF assist lamp.
05-18-2009, 05:02 PM   #3417
Inactive Account

That slide out to open SD card door is disappointing. I like the door release mechanism of the K10D and K20D.
05-18-2009, 05:28 PM   #3418
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by nosnoop Quote
Now that the specs are almost out, we can start an official K-7 disappointment thread... :ugh::ugh::ugh:
that will easily overtake this thread as the biggest in PF history.
5.2 FPS JPEG!!!
Seriously........

Last edited by dave sz; 05-18-2009 at 05:36 PM.
05-18-2009, 05:52 PM   #3419
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ryan s Quote
There should be a "rant" sub forum somewhere in PF requiring a click of an "OK" box or something to enter. It would turn into a flame section but most people with stupid rants (Why no Pentax FF? I'm leaving Pentax. Why should I bother with Pentax? etc) would stay in that section and none of the single-minded ramblings would clutter up the otherwise clean forum.
and it could be like Hotel California, you can't check out!
05-18-2009, 06:03 PM   #3420
Veteran Member

I cannot. This is from the initial press realease and it is all I know:

This is bad English and sounds mysterious. And it mentions "spotbeam projector in its built-in flash unit" which would be distinct from a suspected AF assist lamp.
in the pics you generously provided, both the flash and real prism housing look dishearteningly underwhelming..