Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-18-2009, 07:35 PM   #3436
and
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
wow lot sof new pics and some info. very interesting. so now we know the 50-200 is also a reality for sure. am more interested to see what other lenses would be announced in the roadmap as id rather get the da*s than new kit lenses.

and we can see it allows for settign the aperture in movie mode, thats an improvement from 5d.

btw is it me or does the 50-200 look metal-ish. the ring of groves around the barrel at the base looks like the fa limiteds or da 35 macro.

so who will post all those new pics in here

05-18-2009, 07:42 PM   #3437
Inactive Account

Ooh movie aperture control! I wish I could read Chinese. It's not clear from the Google-ese what that setting means exactly.
05-18-2009, 07:45 PM   #3438
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Yohan Pamudji Quote
Ooh movie aperture control! I wish I could read Chinese. It's not clear from the Google-ese what that setting means exactly.
And the writer said that Exposure Compensation is also possible during the movie mode.
From the photo, we can see that the SR would be active during the movie mode as well. He said that movie function is not yet complete in his 0.2 firmware K-7.
05-18-2009, 07:52 PM   #3439

I'm officially sold.

All I need now is the price and release date so I can figure out how long and how much I have to save/beg/borrow/steal to get it.

05-18-2009, 07:57 PM   #3440
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by illdefined Quote
did you not notice the 50-200 WR and new menu/interface pics?
Since people were asking for translation, I was trying to make a point that there was not much new info from what he wrote other than what you could see from the photos. Sorry that I did not make it clear.
05-18-2009, 07:58 PM   #3441
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Google only does a decent translation.
Oh, come on now, what's wrong with:

"According to the argument I have heard, K-7 single-fuselage just in the Chinese market price should be listed and listed price is not too much K20D, is expected to more than RMB8000 point, I hope soon be able to reduced to less than 8000, so the competition can be opponents gathered more destructive of the market."

And:

"Pentaprism add some design changes are obvious, many of the design of the original curve into a more masculine line, the K-7 there is a small but Yingwu feeling."

Can anyone explain "Yingwu feeling"?
05-18-2009, 08:06 PM   #3442

Yingqu probably means Orgasmic!!

QuoteOriginally posted by rparmar Quote
Oh, come on now, what's wrong with:

"According to the argument I have heard, K-7 single-fuselage just in the Chinese market price should be listed and listed price is not too much K20D, is expected to more than RMB8000 point, I hope soon be able to reduced to less than 8000, so the competition can be opponents gathered more destructive of the market."

And:

"Pentaprism add some design changes are obvious, many of the design of the original curve into a more masculine line, the K-7 there is a small but Yingwu feeling."

Can anyone explain "Yingwu feeling"?

05-18-2009, 08:15 PM   #3443
Inactive Account

I'm getting a nice feeling in my Yingwu as we speak. The K-7 may have just entered my shopping list. Hopefully it's around $1200 at release.
05-18-2009, 08:30 PM   #3444
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I really like this camera but I can't help but think at least initially I would be better served by buying these WR lenses instead of upgrading the k20d. That said, there are a few features that would be really cool, especially continuous shooting and auto lens correction (which I guess I can do free in digikam anyway).
05-18-2009, 09:03 PM   #3445
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Yohan Pamudji Quote
No can do with a CMOS sensor. CCDs can do electronic shutter for high flash sync, but CMOS can't.
apparently yes and no. Canon CMOS apparently does first curtain electronically (some models).
2 papers on CMOS/CCD and electronic shutters:
http://www.caspegroup.com/How%20an%20electronic%20shutter%20works%20in%20a%20CMOS%20camera.pdf
http://www.isgchips.com/pdf/Shutter_Operations_Kodak_App_Note.pdf
The following cases are described below:
• CMOS image sensor (rolling or global electronic shutter) with a mechanical shutter;
• CMOS imager with a global shutter;
• CMOS imager with a rolling shutter.

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
That is all correct and interesting.

But I actually only tried to determine the most likely mechanical shutter sync speed in the K-7. I cannot see how your post helps in this regard.

Almost.
There still would be an issue with long tele lenses imaging straight vertical lines as curvy because of shake during sync time, despite a short shutter speed.
hmmm.... 1/250 or less..... Unless they put in a REAL expensive shutter... Pentax doesn't make shutters but Seiko and a few others do..
05-18-2009, 09:25 PM   #3446
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkrol Quote
apparently yes and no. Canon CMOS apparently does first curtain electronically (some models).
The Canon 1D (original, not mark II, IIN, or III) did 1/500. It had a CCD. Since then all Canon DSLRs have been CMOS, and none have gone faster than 1/250.

QuoteQuote:
2 papers on CMOS/CCD and electronic shutters:
http://www.caspegroup.com/How%20an%20electronic%20shutter%20works%20in%20a%20CMOS%20camera.pdf
http://www.isgchips.com/pdf/Shutter_Operations_Kodak_App_Note.pdf
The following cases are described below:
• CMOS image sensor (rolling or global electronic shutter) with a mechanical shutter;
• CMOS imager with a global shutter;
• CMOS imager with a rolling shutter.
Kodak patent is interesting, but is from 2003. I wonder how applicable it is with today's high-res cameras? So if not in theory then at least de facto: CMOS means lower flash sync speed.
05-18-2009, 09:34 PM   #3447
and
Veteran Member

This is the way to go as far as sensor is concerned, hopefully from now on they will keep the same 14.6mp and keep improving the sensor in each version. Adding more readout channels, hopefully more bits to the raw mode.

I guess the contrast detect af will be similar to whats being developed for the samsung nx camera since that one will have to rely on contrast detect. the contrast af on the pana gh1 was very snappy but i guess that is also due to the lens.
05-18-2009, 09:56 PM   #3448
Veteran Member

Google only does a decent translation. native chinese speakers, please HELP:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/60673-hands-pentax-k7.html

specifically the talk of "LCD viewfinder?"
anyone else find it hilarious that earlier in this thread OGL said there is no 1080 video(page 104). Yet in the thread above he sneaks in and says "Final version of video modes"? Even funnier is that it's the output of the HDMI to a TV/monitor and not the video resolution itself, like he has no clue about this camera. Funny stuff...
05-18-2009, 10:00 PM   #3449
Veteran Member

i think the one posted on pentax-fans is more latest than RH. More pics added now to that site with WR 50-200. K-7 is truly a Pentaxian's dream.
05-18-2009, 10:10 PM   #3450

In Chinese, Yingwu means masculine and somewhat martial, compared to feminine.