Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-20-2009, 09:23 PM   #3901
and
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Depends on the TC you use, I thought the 1.7x reported the correct FL, well maybe they will release that SDM TC, that should work

05-20-2009, 09:49 PM   #3902
and
Veteran Member

from the dpr thread regarding the battery grip:
"The tray for the Lithium Ion battery has room for an SD card. The entire grip is too short to accomodate the remote. The AA battery tray (that will come with the grip) only takes the batteries."

also very disappointing:

"> Will the there be Pentax Remote Assistant for the K-7? Is live view
> exported to this application? Can Pentax Remote Assistant be used for
> capturing video for unlimited file size?

The current plan is not to have remote assistant software. "

Pentax> why dont you just release an sdk and then ppl will make the software for you and it will likely be better than any of the competitions software
05-20-2009, 09:53 PM   #3903
Veteran Member

Who is this guy shooting in cold?
05-20-2009, 09:57 PM   #3904
Veteran Member

BG4 very flexible

SD CARD tray. this would be good for two 32GB SDHC.

05-20-2009, 10:00 PM   #3905
and
Veteran Member

Nice, dont understand why there are still no shots showing the buttons on the back or top of it tho (the grip that is)
05-20-2009, 10:02 PM   #3906
Veteran Member

Beautiful K-7 with 40 mm LIMITED =)
05-20-2009, 10:05 PM   #3907
Veteran Member

Design of K-7

Evolution of K-7 (A1 to A3)

05-20-2009, 10:15 PM   #3908
Veteran Member

K-7 is aimed for the Limited's

"The aim is "Limited lens body that fits"
PENTAX K-7 design, the flow of the series so far and K may look very different. Km from the K10D, and valuable to the gentle curve of the arch, the sloping shoulders and curved design, unlike the trend is visible in the linear design of a click. The design of K-7 will not come out in the first mutation was inherited from the era of PENTAX film is based on the DNA.
K-7 was designed for the development, "K20D is too big. Again be reduced to the size * ist D" and "PENTAX is the property of, Limited lens should suit body," one of the two did.
Certainly on the basis of the small, PENTAX * ist D is in the reference was clear. At the time, even now, of course, the digital SLR is a little smaller than that. However, at that time and the unit's built-in deflection compensation body there was a large 3-inch LCD plus, K20D and入RENAKU all new and no aperture control mechanism is also not, as an extension of the existing chassis to normal ( skeletal structure) is made, the step size over the previous design was revealed.
So, from the earlier stages of design, and mechanical design engineers and design departments, and 3-D CAD design to share information on the study were placed together with the smaller parts to fit. Simply fill in the dimensions, it may become difficult to use or悪KAっframe brackets. A good design from関WARANAI GAWA before the cover is not achieved.
One of the results of the catch this time is to reduce the bulge in front of the flash storage. In the past the best before a light flash, the camera head that takes a post in front of it was larger. Them to review all the new designs placed inside the unit, we were able to minimize the overhang. The SLR is a veteran engineer who designed this part is not, I think one of the reasons why the idea was fresh and free of the common wisdom.
Just picture it might make the wrong decisions, realistic mock-up (check for the appearance model) is required. From the first 3D CAD designers by modeling directly in the mock-up was able to expedite the completion. The evaluation was based on interviews with the A-1, A-3 and refine a proposed draft decision.
"Limited lens fits" to implement the concept, a simple way to bring out the lens to take precedence, and that K-7 is the main theme of the design.
The face of the camera, "Department PENTA", once to reflect the name, is a polyhedron composed of glass as a symbol of the pentaprism, was a symbol of the camera機器RASHI precision. LX is the flagship of age film, "is a compact, lightweight body provides a tough anti-drop" feature that is, K-7 are recognized features of the phase. Deep sense of respect to the machines of the past, PENTAX we revived the motif of the trapezoid at the top of the logo.
This is actually trapezoidal motif, MZ-5 and MZ-S, * ist D had appeared to design. Some machines are compact and lightweight PENTAX We kept going back to basics, the difference between the model and design DAっa challenge, but an extension of a conventional camera could say初号new line of machines. K-7 to this motif in a straight shape, PENTAX inheritance and expression of identity.
View from the side with the head, but I go straight to the ridge from the elements and extra steps. I can see how small the steps you gave in fact, be undermined by the simple beauty of the method is sealed. Body part is to make a diet of bone to reduce the hilt to see fat rolls around. The synergistic effect, increasing the presence of 100% optical viewfinder, and I was able to finish the body with a small but stately.
In recent years the three-dimensional CAD design is often the only, K-7 in digital tools have become necessary in the design of the part was not. I grip it. CAD technology is present to feel the weight and ran a hand to touch the screen but not yet. Sure enough, He holds a three-dimensional models from data processing to create visual information alone is difficult and subtle. The only grip designed for the clay model was cut (clay)盛RI付KE, went into creating a shape by hand with触RI. If the designer used to build models by hand, rather than just fixed in the digital and analog at the earliest for a partial re. The laser has a satisfactory shape放RI込MI three-dimensional scanner, the data were measured by modifying the CAD geometry to capture grip (after the clay model is measured by testing a variety of people, as these wounds is full).
This, K10D achieved with ease after a handful of similar services, such as exchange GURIPPURABA. The company says people with "Hey What, do you not go out of service makes money from the exchange then grip." No, He is facetious of course.
Or an angle to the direction of the index finger along the e-dial to the other, and help turn the dial to cover the electronics and rubber, and further improve the shape of the left wing, dedicated to the design and operation details and. I would like to actually feel and touch it."

-Google translate from the K-7 Designer/Engineer
05-20-2009, 10:18 PM   #3909
Veteran Member

Check the lens roadmap for japan(in PDF) and compare it with the english ones. There are teleconverters for 645/647
05-20-2009, 10:25 PM   #3910
and
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kenn100D Quote
Check the lens roadmap for japan(in PDF) and compare it with the english ones. There are teleconverters for 645/647
i dont see any teleconverters on it, it still hasnt been updated for a while. the new WR lenses are not on it. only new stuff on it is 2 645 lenses and da super teleporto
05-20-2009, 10:25 PM   #3911
Veteran Member

http://www.pentax.jp/japan/imaging/digital/slr/k-7/image/ex_01.jpg

Sample for Production model. Pentax K-7 Ver.1.00

Last edited by Kenn100D; 05-20-2009 at 10:52 PM. Reason: Too big
05-20-2009, 10:30 PM   #3912
Veteran Member

http://www.pentax.jp/japan/imaging/digital/slr/k-7/image/ex_02.jpg

DA* 50-135 - very nice Aston Martin

Last edited by Kenn100D; 05-20-2009 at 10:52 PM. Reason: Too big Jpeg
05-20-2009, 10:42 PM   #3913
and
Veteran Member

those shots are too big to post in the thread
05-20-2009, 10:53 PM   #3914
Veteran Member

Sorry bout that. I've changed it to just link. =) enjoy K-7 day.
05-20-2009, 11:07 PM   #3915
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ryan s Quote

It's sad though...I can see someone posting that...

My K10D's strap is on my MX since that's a lighter cam and the strap is just under 1 1/4" wide. The Pentax Honda Racing Team strap is about 1 1/2" wide...and I had to have a NZ Pentaxian buy it locally then "export" it to me

The Pentax Honda strap might look too big on the smaller K-7. A big, beastly 400mm manual focus lens should solve that
I want to see this strap. I am a Honda owner. And would love it. Please show it to me somehow.