Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-16-2009, 09:03 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Pentax K20D Firmware Update

Sorry for opening new tread about this but I thought I will get more answers. I am kind of new to digital (been shooting film only). I just bought K20D and I see that there is Firmware Update V1.03 and I can't seem to find V1.01 and V1.02 anywhere which I asume I need to instal before V1.03. Whatever I find it brings me to this page
Latest K20D Firmware Update : Software Downloads : PENTAX
whith latest version, and it says that previous version has to be installed first. I haven't noticed V1.02 (was that skipped maybe).

Some answers would be greatelly appreciated.

Nelepl

04-19-2009, 06:41 PM   #2

QuoteOriginally posted by Nelepl Quote
Sorry for opening new tread about this but I thought I will get more answers. I am kind of new to digital (been shooting film only). I just bought K20D and I see that there is Firmware Update V1.03 and I can't seem to find V1.01 and V1.02 anywhere which I asume I need to instal before V1.03. Whatever I find it brings me to this page
Latest K20D Firmware Update : Software Downloads : PENTAX
whith latest version, and it says that previous version has to be installed first. I haven't noticed V1.02 (was that skipped maybe).

Some answers would be greatelly appreciated.

Nelepl

There wasn't a version 1.02 released. The Pentax site only shows 1.01 and 1.03. Someone shared the link to the previous update here:

link

hth
04-19-2009, 07:10 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Just download and install the most recent update. It includes everything prior.
04-20-2009, 08:51 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
I did, everything works fine, thanks anyway

05-11-2009, 03:36 PM   #5

K20 D firmware 1.3 update problems

since I upgraded my SD cards are no longer recognized by any of our Macs

I tried on all six of our computers same result

I reformatted my 2 SD cards several times and took new pictures and could no longer get the SD card to be recognized by the Macs

Help...this new version is the problem
05-11-2009, 03:50 PM   #6
Veteran Member

yesterday i was shooting with a photog who uses mac. she told me that when i give her the memory cards so that she can take and download them....they arent readable by the mac

it is interesting and i wasnt aware of this

she said that she discovered that the SD high capacity cards are not readable by mac. i am thus far wary to believe that, but this is the second place i have heard of it.

uh oh
05-11-2009, 03:58 PM   #7
Veteran Member

I just had a printer with a Mac unable to read one of my SD cards from a K10D with latest firmware. I pulled it out of his card reader, put it in a usb card reader, and plugged it back into his usb port and it worked fine.
05-11-2009, 04:15 PM   #8
Veteran Member

I have had absolutely no problems whatsoever with my Mac reading SD cards before or after the software updates with the K20D.
Given the Macintosh's excellent reputation for compatibility, it is pretty intriguing to hear of a Mac to not be able to read the data on an SD card.
I would say that the new software update is probably not the problem.

05-11-2009, 04:36 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Reset your USB & Firewire ports on a Mac....

1) turn the computer off
2) unplug everything - the power cable, usb cable, firewire, ethernet, headphones, EVERYTHING!
3) Leave it off for 5 minutes totally unplugged
4) power it back on with only the power cable plugged in - leave like this for one minute
5) plug everything back in, should work fine
6) Next time you power down, zap the PRAM (hold down option, command, the 'P' and the 'R' keys simultaneously while restarting - I hold the option command both down with my left thumb, and the P and R keys with index and little fingers while restarting - hold these keys down for five or six chimes of the startup sound, then release).

That should solve your problems, and you should zap the p-ram once in a while anyway - I do it once a month or so, but DEFINITELY after any kind of software update, crash, or lockup.

Cheers,
Cameron