04-16-2009, 02:57 PM   #16
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
PENETAX Brand MArk Will be Brighting and lighting just like Flash ;-D

04-16-2009, 03:21 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Something like... a new design for the built-in flash?

It would certainly be neat if they could work something in that would improve the quality of the light from a pop-up flash, (I could see turning the whole inside of the housing into a bounce card of some kind, with the tube closer to the hinge or something. That'd rock for *me,* certainly. I find them really convenient for just the little splash of fill that's usually all I need, without lugging around a separate unit, but there's got to be a way to make that light *look* better. Still wouldn't be much, but they could probably get about six to eight times more surface area on the light source in there, compared to the tube and reflector.
04-16-2009, 03:49 PM   #18

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Something like... a new design for the built-in flash?
Flash (photography) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

QuoteQuote:
Some camera manufacturers may be considering the inclusion of a built-in bounce flash within the body of a camera with automated features to assist the user in obtaining a bounced light effect without spending time to set up and direct external flash devices
04-16-2009, 04:13 PM   #19
Inactive Account

Getting rid of the protruding built-in flash would certainly make the camera look nicer. Like the Pentax of old.

04-16-2009, 04:47 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ajuett Quote
Getting rid of the protruding built-in flash would certainly make the camera look nicer. Like the Pentax of old.
It's definitely got an LX-ey shape. I thought the K20's shape up front looked kind of funny to me, too, but it kind of grows on you. Not that an easier view of the aperture ring on old lenses wouldn't be a nice fringe benefit of the restyle.
04-16-2009, 05:51 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Some time ago, Pentax released information on a way to make a larger viewfinder on APS-C camera. It looked leke there was an enlarging lens underneath the prism. That could explain the look of this one. It would make it higher, so the overhang wouldn't be needed anymore for the flash to extend high enough to avoid casting a shadow. If I remember correctly, it was discussed on this forum.