Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-22-2009, 06:40 AM   #76
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Aristophanes Quote
Top LCD if the poster is correct about the form factor.
I think I also see what could be an assist lamp like Nikon DSLR.

04-22-2009, 06:56 AM   #77
RaduA

QuoteOriginally posted by ManuH Quote
It's a bit early for these leaks don't you think?

Anyway... Where is WendyB to entertain us a little during these next weeks?
I believe is beneath her to touch anything below MF cameras. I mean even a compulsive liar has his/her own dignity, isn't it?

Radu
04-22-2009, 07:01 AM   #78
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
The current matrix metering system is lagging the competition, etc.
Frankly if something really isn't lagging in current Pentax DSLRs it is the Matrix Metering IMO.
Could you point more exactly how you came to that conclusion? I'm curious. Maybe it is just that you have another style of shooting than me.
04-22-2009, 07:05 AM   #79
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
Frankly if something really isn't lagging in current Pentax DSLRs it is the Matrix Metering IMO.
Could you point more exactly how you came to that conclusion? I'm curious. Maybe it is just that you have another style of shooting than me.
Oh for me it's adequate enough. I'm just talking about numbers on spec sheets when people do compare cameras. The AF is certainly more problematic for my shooting.

04-22-2009, 07:18 AM   #80

Hi there,

The sentence written in Japanese on the image means "the camera is an offspring of the honorable ones."
04-22-2009, 07:34 AM   #81
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
A link to an official name for the new Pentax DSLR: K7D
Blurry Pentax DSLR Gets Named: The Pentax K7D | neutralday

Will be announced 21st May 2009
04-22-2009, 07:47 AM   #82
Veteran Member

OK but... in 2007 the D300, A700, E-3 and 40D were released. If in 2009 Pentax still has nothing to show up, I think a lot of people will be disapointed.
not a lot - even here on forums (where all the concerned citizens are spending their family time) we do not have as many complaints about shutter/sync speed as about fps/af speed&precision/high ISO/etc... metering yes, but again not as much... so as Pentax will not be able to achieve all goals at once shutter/sync/new metering system will be a 2nd priority for that new body I bet.
04-22-2009, 07:55 AM   #83
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Oh for me it's adequate enough. I'm just talking about numbers on spec sheets when people do compare cameras. The AF is certainly more problematic for my shooting.
OK, you meant in measurebating

04-22-2009, 09:41 AM   #84
Veteran Member

The camera looks 99% the same as the previous models. A body with no modes, dials for setting aperture, shutter and ISO, like back in the glory film days.... that is my idea of a new concept digital. Something one could buy with pride and put alongside all the great MF and rangefinder cameras from history.

This is just "same old same old" with video to play feature catch up to the competition. Bleh. My ancestors are not honoured.

On the other hand, I am happy with the K20D and I'm sure this will be an incremental improvement. So, yes, a good camera, but no reason to upgrade.
04-22-2009, 10:00 AM   #85
ogl
Pentaxian

AF is the reason of upgrade.
04-28-2009, 02:34 AM   #86

QuoteOriginally posted by pm42 Quote
On another forum, someone claiming having them from Pentax posted the following specs:

Name: K7
Same sensor as the K20D
Up to 6400 ISO with better noise treatment
5 images/sec
100 % viewfinder
Better weatherproofing
Mirror lockup
Liveview and HD Video
Better stabilizer .
Better DRE mode
77 zones light metering
Much better AF system even with non-SDM lenses
3 inches/ 920 000 pixels screen with in-body editing (crop...)
1/8000 shutter with 1/250 sync
Very agressive pricing, less than 1500 with the kit lens

Please do not shoot the messenger. We'll see if it's true shortly I guess.
Hello,

These specs. which have been announced a few days ago by a french guy on several french forums have been suddenly deleted (a while after their publication) by some admins of these forums without any explanation. Just ask yourself why? And when the official announcement of the new Pentax DSLR will be, then come back here to compare...

Have all a nice day, see you soon.
05-02-2009, 04:17 PM   #87

I was reliably informed today that the new body will supercede the K20 and it will be smaller....to be released late May early June.
05-02-2009, 05:30 PM   #88
Nubi

QuoteOriginally posted by 13 Man Quote
I was reliably informed today that the new body will supercede the K20 and it will be smaller....to be released late May early June.
Well, that's what I thought.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/58194-there-yet-another-dslr-works.html
05-03-2009, 07:00 AM   #89
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nubi Quote
Well, that's what I thought.
Except that according to Pentax, it's wrong. But I know most would prefer to believe a vague rumour than what they've actually been told. Especially if the rumour is more intriguing. Human nature.
05-03-2009, 09:09 AM   #90
Nubi

Sorry, I actually read 13man's thread wrong. My mistake.

This will not supercede k-7. I actually heard this from the mouth of a Pentax representative when I was in Japan recently, person to person. He said two things; don't ask about FF cuz they are not making one, and new model before k20d replacement.