Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-22-2009, 06:40 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by RiceHigh Quote
Really? My Local Time is ahead of America Time for 16 Hours+! :-D
And where did you get that russian photo from... followed a link from dpreview???
or here????
You never really answer a question do you?
Which is first............
15:15:14, 19 April 2009 (GMT)

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1036&message=31638681
or
Creation Time (UTC+0800): 22:39

April 19, 2009

Last edited by jeffkrol; 04-22-2009 at 07:01 PM.
04-22-2009, 07:08 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Really? My Local Time is ahead of America Time for 16 Hours+! :-D
I took the time zone into account. Local time was recorded. Your initital post was about 2 hours later than the OP in the K7 mega thread.
04-22-2009, 07:11 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Its Okay! ;-)

QuoteOriginally posted by kunik Quote
I have never been to RiceHigh's Blog and I don't see that changing anytime soon.
No problem. I will not "force" you to do so, nor encouraging you in any way! ;-D

But however, just to let you know, my blog has been read for from 5,000 to 13,000 times per day since the news emerged and if you're not one of the visitors, I'm afraid you will be late to know something or simply to miss something! ;-))) LOL..
04-22-2009, 07:14 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Well..

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
I took the time zone into account. Local time was recorded. Your initital post was about 2 hours later than the OP in the K7 mega thread.
Okay, no problem, I shall "catch up" next time!

Anyway, with no doubt, I am actually very glad and happy to see that the PentaxForums has been far more successful than the old place (where I mean the DPR's) for the latest new gear "incident". I do feel proud of it as being one of the very first member of the Forums and as part of the (now huge) community! Congrats, Adam. And, well done!! Keep it up!!

04-22-2009, 07:27 PM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkrol Quote
And where did you get that russian photo from... followed a link from dpreview???
or here????
You never really answer a question do you?
Which is first............
15:15:14, 19 April 2009 (GMT)

New Camera?: Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review
or
Creation Time (UTC+0800): 22:39

April 19, 2009
Well, I need to keep the sources of my information secret.. ;-)

Or keep it open and transparent, on the other hand, for what all my readers supply the links and the latest news at my Blog! :-D
04-22-2009, 07:30 PM   #21
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Not "clunky" in English, but just a not-so-good English interpretation and translation.

It should read, "The proud successor of the renowned gear", if I am to translate it. Justs that! Does it look better and easier to understand now? :-)
Or maybe in this way

"Proud inheritor of the famous cameras"
04-22-2009, 07:33 PM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Or maybe in this way

"Proud inheritor of the famous cameras"
I think actually it does not mean "inherit(or)" exactly, but just means "successor"! And, as there is no plural noun for Japanese/Chinese words and it does not say "camera" actually, but just "gear". :-))

04-22-2009, 08:09 PM   #23
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Of course - there is no word CAMERAS in original text, there is GEAR. But Pentax means CAMERAS.
But - as for successor - you're right and your translation is very good.

Inheritor - who inherit money, for example.
04-22-2009, 08:21 PM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Of course - there is no word CAMERAS in original text, there is GEAR. But Pentax means CAMERAS.
But - as for successor - you're right and your translation is very good.

Inheritor - who inherit money, for example.
Thanks.
04-22-2009, 08:21 PM   #25
Veteran Member

No problem. I will not "force" you to do so, nor encouraging you in any way! ;-D

But however, just to let you know, my blog has been read for from 5,000 to 13,000 times per day since the news emerged and if you're not one of the visitors, I'm afraid you will be late to know something or simply to miss something! ;-))) LOL..
I look at your comments here and they all seem to imply you know something about the current development and performance of Pentax gear and then I look at your list of gear (in your sig) and I wonder why you would have such strong opinions on gear you've never used?

Then I see you gloat about how many people visit your site and I am not inspired to join the herd. At least people like Ken Rockwell usually try the gear before writing a review on it - the last contribution of yours I saw here amounted to a 645D performance review for a sensor that has probably not even been selected yet. I can't imagine your review of the K7 has any more insight than your review of the 645D.

If you ever get your hands on any of this gear to conduct actual tests post a link to your blog and I'm sure lots of people would love to see your results
04-22-2009, 08:47 PM   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kunik Quote
I look at your comments here and they all seem to imply you know something about the current development and performance of Pentax gear and then I look at your list of gear (in your sig) and I wonder why you would have such strong opinions on gear you've never used?
So what?

I have owned *ist D, DS and K100 and used in the field for K10 and K20 for units from my friends.

Tried all other Pentax bodies ever made for times. Its easy to get one to test and try, isn't it?

And why I haven't buy any Pentax body after the K100? For only one reason: No any body after the K100 from Pentax is worth my money! They are not true upgrade frankly. And more importantly, none of them met my expectations and usage requirements.

QuoteQuote:
Then I see you gloat about how many people visit your site and I am not inspired to join the herd. At least people like Ken Rockwell usually try the gear before writing a review on it - the last contribution of yours I saw here amounted to a 645D performance review for a sensor that has probably not even been selected yet. I can't imagine your review of the K7 has any more insight than your review of the 645D.
My site is NOT solely a review site. I do put my test photos and my reviews though. But my site is more or less a news site and I consolidate news and posts from time to time, including my own works, or NOT.

QuoteQuote:
If you ever get your hands on any of this gear to conduct actual tests post a link to your blog and I'm sure lots of people would love to see your results
I do. But since you said more than once again you never visited my site, how come you could know there is none?? (and before you made your unsubstantiated comments before you have ever read my site!)
04-22-2009, 09:08 PM   #27
Veteran Member

And why I haven't buy any Pentax body after the K100? For only one reason: No any body after the K100 from Pentax is worth my money! They are not true upgrade frankly. And more importantly, none of them met my expectations and usage requirements.
Having gone from the K100D to K10D, I think it's frankly crazy-talk to say that it's not an upgrade. But to each his own. There's certainly plenty of excellent work done by many talented photographers where the K10D and later met their expectations and usage requirements.

And a word on those, really:
The Online Photographer: T.O.P. Ten Recommended Cameras: #3
04-22-2009, 09:30 PM   #28
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mattdm Quote
Having gone from the K100D to K10D, I think it's frankly crazy-talk to say that it's not an upgrade. But to each his own. There's certainly plenty of excellent work done by many talented photographers where the K10D and later met their expectations and usage requirements.

And a word on those, really:
The Online Photographer: T.O.P. Ten Recommended Cameras: #3
As I have said its not worth my money, that is, it is not a suitable upgrade for *me*, as no Pentax DSLR body after the K100 that I think would give me much extra than what I am not satisfied with my K100, say, in the AF and AE deparment and more so for the image qualities and noise control, etc.

Maybe this upcoming K7(D), or whatever it is called, will be different. I have hopes and aspirations. Let's wait and see. I do hope I shall not be upset and disappointed this time. Let me hope!
04-22-2009, 10:48 PM   #29
Veteran Member

New Pentax

Right now i'm enjoying this unveiling of new Pentax and i'll join the other Pentaxian's just like the unveiling of the camera before K7 or whatever the name of it.

Let's enjoy this and i believe other's are just waiting this before they jump ship to Pentax.

It's like craving for something, that was yeeeeeeeeears ago that you've last tasted it.
04-22-2009, 10:58 PM   #30
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Why is Rice High still even allowed to post here when all he does is cause incessant bickering and drama?

This guy obviously doesn't care about Pentax, or Pentax Forums, at all- other than as a potential additional traffic stream to his blog, which is a total joke, (I know, I'm a professional SEO).

All he ever does is lambast Pentax products without actually even TESTING those items that he's belittling...

You guys do realize that Canikon (no different from most other large consumer product corporations) most likely pays certain bloggers to pump up their own products and generate negative press for their competitor's... right?

How much longer do we all have to put up with this?