Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-23-2009, 02:30 PM   #61
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by nosnoop Quote
Please people, stop directing traffic to RH's blog. You are doing a disservice to Pentax.
Normally I would say yes but the irony is this time Rice appears to be keeping an open mind, wooha did I just say that ? Man what is this world coming to

04-23-2009, 02:34 PM   #62
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Torphoto Quote
Normally I would say yes but the irony is this time Rice appears to be keeping an open mind, wooha did I just say that ? Man what is this world coming to
Just wait until the real specs is released or someone else has laid a hand on the real thing, his true colors will be unleashed! Some things never change.
04-23-2009, 02:35 PM   #63

Have to wonder about the marketing team that comes up with the numbering. Many would tend to believe a K7 is below a K10/K20....and were does it fit with-in the K200, K1000/K-M etc, etc etc....LOL!

Not that it interests me as of yet though until the specs are out who really knows. My next Pentax will have no noise at ISO 3200+, 1080P video recording, weather proofed like my K200, maybe built in WiFi.

We can dream.......
04-23-2009, 02:40 PM   #64
Veteran Member

Just wait until the real specs is released or someone else has laid a hand on the real thing, his true colors will be unleashed! Some things never change.
Trust me I am expecting the same, but if most of the rumors are partially true ( hd video, good live view, better af, same sensor but less noise ) He would have had many of his complaints of k20D vs D90 answered and have less to argue about.

I wonder if Pentax will let me test one out fashion show season is starting again

04-23-2009, 02:47 PM   #65
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JETninja Quote
Have to wonder about the marketing team that comes up with the numbering. Many would tend to believe a K7 is below a K10/K20....
why?
kx(d)> kxxd > kxxxd
04-23-2009, 02:51 PM   #66
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mattdm Quote
Having gone from the K100D to K10D, I think it's frankly crazy-talk to say that it's not an upgrade. But to each his own. There's certainly plenty of excellent work done by many talented photographers where the K10D and later met their expectations and usage requirements.

And a word on those, really:
The Online Photographer: T.O.P. Ten Recommended Cameras: #3
Thanks for the link, hadn't seen.
Having used my K10 over 1 ½ years, I'm still discovering and learning new things. Amazing the number of customizations and possibilities they thought of
04-23-2009, 03:12 PM   #67
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Billgscott Quote
Pentax do have a habit of making specials just for the home market. could this be why no other language advert has been found?

Bill
Like has been said, this hasn't been confirmed from Pentax, but let's say it is.
This would be a new camera, and Pentax wouldn't go about designing and releasing a new body only for the Japanese market...or would they?

04-23-2009, 03:19 PM   #68
RaduA

Please people, stop directing traffic to RH's blog. You are doing a disservice to Pentax.
I can assure you, Nosnoop that Samsungian cares about Pentax just as much as RH. So, I believe you address your request to the wrong people.

Radu
04-23-2009, 03:40 PM   #69
Veteran Member

It's definitely convention that the single digit numbers will be the highest 'level' of camera produced, usually the 'pro' level, no surprise if the new one *is* single-digit.
04-23-2009, 03:44 PM   #70
Veteran Member

I am looking forward to 21st May, It will be interesting to see the spec, from the rumours. However if it it is true that it will have "at least" 5fps, 100% viewfinder, 1/8000 max shutter and 1/250 Flash sync, yet, have the excellent K20D sensor and full sealing,put me on the list to buy!
It would appear that they reading the forum.
Only a month to go
04-23-2009, 07:36 PM   #71
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RaduA Quote
I can assure you, Nosnoop that Samsungian cares about Pentax just as much as RH. So, I believe you address your request to the wrong people.
Caring about Pentax as much as RH? I sure hope that's not the case. As RH only cares to see how Pentax goes down in flames. If you don't know what I am talking about, then you have not been around long enough.

My post was not directed at Samsungian only. And I just want to repeat that anyone caring about Pentax should refrain from directing traffic to RH blog.
04-23-2009, 08:04 PM   #72
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
It's definitely convention that the single digit numbers will be the highest 'level' of camera produced, usually the 'pro' level, no surprise if the new one *is* single-digit.

Pentax has only done the single digit thing a few times in naming though. MZ-3, K2, S2 etc. However there were some I'd hardly call pro level such as MZ7, Z5 and SF5.
04-23-2009, 08:12 PM   #73
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Pentax has only done the single digit thing a few times in naming though. MZ-3, K2, S2 etc. However there were some I'd hardly call pro level such as MZ7, Z5 and SF5.
Pentax has actually done no Pro body after the LX. The only things that could come close are just the MZ-S and then the Z-1/p.

MZ-3 is a MZ-5 and so do the MZ-5n. SF7 and MZ-7 are beginner's models.
04-23-2009, 09:23 PM   #74
Veteran Member

I've got the 1999 pentax dealer catalogue that featured

MZ-S launch. First sentence:

"Introducing the MZ-S Professional...the newflagship of the Pentax SLR line"

whereas in same catalogue PZ-1P first sentence:

"A high performance, multi-featured 35mm autofocus SLR for the advanced amateur and professional photographer."

Me, I never owned either. My first Pentax & only pentax film body was/is ZX-L. Bought it new, my first Pentax camera, still worked fine last year.

I Gotta say the MZ-S is sleek looking. PZ-1P was not a honey. I can't get past just how weird it looks.

I read this belief alot in pentax related forums:

Pentax had no 35mm pro bodies.

HOWEVER My LX launch catalogue says otherwise and 1999 Pentax said their MZ-S was probody too. Heck they grouped LX in with 645 and 6x7, & not with 35mm cameras.

QuoteOriginally posted by RiceHigh Quote
Pentax has actually done no Pro body after the LX. The only things that could come close are just the MZ-S and then the Z-1/p.

MZ-3 is a MZ-5 and so do the MZ-5n. SF7 and MZ-7 are beginner's models.
04-23-2009, 11:46 PM   #75
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Well, when I said 'convention,' I meant 'across most of the industry right now' rather than 'in the history of Pentax:' Pentax seems to be doing the same kind of hierarchy as everyone else but Sony seems to be, with the 'pro' level cameras in single digits, ie, Eos 1d, Nikon D3, Olympus E-3, so, the person I was replying to probably need have no fear that a camera called a 'K7' would be thought a step *down* from a K20.

More like, it might seem a little ambitious, depending what market they're really going to hit.