Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-23-2009, 07:57 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by kenyee Quote
Makes no sense to me. Primary competitor is the D90 and it has a popup flash w/ commander mode.
It's pretty awesome of Pentax to have this in all of their current models, including the entry-level. If people realize what it is, this can be a major selling point so I doubt they'd give it up.

I was very deeply in the "I don't need no stinkin' pop-up flash" camp until I got a wireless P-TTL flash. Now I couldn't live without it. (Or at least, I'd have to move to a part of the country where natural light can be taken for granted.)

04-23-2009, 08:53 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mattdm Quote
I was very deeply in the "I don't need no stinkin' pop-up flash" camp until I got a wireless P-TTL flash. Now I couldn't live without it. (Or at least, I'd have to move to a part of the country where natural light can be taken for granted.)
Matt, isn't that funny that I thought the same way you do until I started playing with external flash (AF540). Now I'm addicted to flash.
It doesn't mean that I don't like available light, but flash adds more to the available light.

BTW, I really hope that this extra button/feature or whatever it is will have an AF assist light feature. And from the look of it, if it is an AF assist light, it will be an advanced one. I think this is different than the AF assist light on X70. The one on X70 shows bright white glass though. This one is more recessed.

I don't think it's a microphone since in other picture shows that there is a hole on top of the built in flash. That's more likely to be the microphone hole because it's small at the right position to capture voice from any direction.

Gosh, I love the suspense from this new camera.
Pentax really entertains us all in many ways of life
I'm hooked to all of these rumors like a kid who can't wait to turn on the TV the next day just to watch the next episode.
04-23-2009, 09:07 AM   #33
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by HGMonaro Quote
no idea what it's for, but utilizing 2sec self timers as mirror lockup replacements is the pits... sometimes you want to time the shot (eg waves crashing) and 2sec self timers don't help in that sort of situation, so a proper mirror lockup can be a good thing!
True, but I also find its nice not to have to tote around a cable release.Hope they also leave in the 2 sec self timer mlu.
04-23-2009, 09:16 AM   #34
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mattdm Quote
It's pretty awesome of Pentax to have this in all of their current models, including the entry-level. If people realize what it is, this can be a major selling point so I doubt they'd give it up.

Well, I just think that as long as there's room, it may as well be there: it's not the most attractive lighting in the world, but one less thing to have to carry, for me. Back before they were common, we used to like to have these teeny little manual units that were useful in a pinch.

04-23-2009, 09:18 AM   #35
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by HermanLee Quote
Gosh, I love the suspense from this new camera.
Pentax really entertains us all in many ways of life
I'm hooked to all of these rumors like a kid who can't wait to turn on the TV the next day just to watch the next episode.

So true.

So true that I am surprised actually, that the K7 doesn't show up piece by piece in some Pentax Online store. $100 a piece, for self assembly, one new piece a week, complete after 12 installments
04-23-2009, 09:36 AM   #36
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote

So true.

So true that I am surprised actually, that the K7 doesn't show up piece by piece in some Pentax Online store. $100 a piece, for self assembly, one new piece a week, complete after 12 installments
Falconeye,

that's a brilliant marketing idea! I love it.
I bet people will be lining up for that kind of marketing.