Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-23-2009, 08:41 AM   #16
Vil
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
I don't know if this has been posted yet or not.

Last edited by Vil; 04-23-2009 at 09:49 AM. Reason: Deleted fake K7 image
04-23-2009, 09:41 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Obsolete after fake image was deleted.

Last edited by falconeye; 04-23-2009 at 10:03 AM.
04-23-2009, 09:51 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
EDITED: Image removed because convinced of hoaxes.

It's true that MZ1 prototype makes me think about those leaked K7 images:

I will of course remove these by Edit if you think those are indeed photoshoped (last one is known to be authentic).

Last edited by thibs; 04-23-2009 at 12:30 PM.
04-23-2009, 10:08 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Overlay

I like this one the most. It compares it to a K20D by overlaying the mounts. Original thread is

Yet another new K image [Page 1]: Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

04-23-2009, 10:20 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
Probably photoshoped but who knows...
It's true that MZ1 prototype makes me think about those leaked K7 images:
I will of course remove these by Edit if you think those are indeed photoshoped (last one is known to be authentic).
thibs,

first of all, most won't see the image. Just like with Vils image, the Chinese site prohibits cross-linking and people w/o the image in their browser cache see a "link prohibited" logo image only.

Image #1 (pop up flash):
=================
I verified that this is EXACTLY the pop-up flash from the K-m. I compared looking from the exact same angle. I additionally deburred and gamma-corrected the photo to inspect the fixation point. Those are diferent for K-m and K7. The one on the photo is from K-m.

So, this photo is a hoax.

The only image alteration are the four LED top of the flash light which the hoaxer wanted us to make believe is the new focus assist lamp ...

Image #2:
========
Classified hoax and deleted in the K7 mega thread ages ago ...

Image #3:
========
MZ1
04-23-2009, 10:53 AM   #21
Veteran Member

isnt it more likely to be a k300d rather than a k30d? given one is discontinued and running out of stock and one isnt.
also is has two buttons on the top right that are in the same place in the k200d and not the k20d

though i do appreciate that the dial looks like it has no newbie modes and the shutter button is not silver.
04-23-2009, 11:20 AM   #22
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by WerTicus Quote
isnt it more likely to be a k300d rather than a k30d? given one is discontinued and running out of stock and one isnt.
also is has two buttons on the top right that are in the same place in the k200d and not the k20d

though i do appreciate that the dial looks like it has no newbie modes and the shutter button is not silver.
Pentax already has said that it will have more advanced features than the k20d although it wont be a successor to it.

http://tv.mediaprovider.se/pentax_visar_nya_kameror_och_objektiv_1236215964346.html
Go to 0:56 on the vid

Last edited by zplus; 04-23-2009 at 11:30 AM.
04-23-2009, 12:31 PM   #23
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
thibs,

first of all, most won't see the image. Just like with Vils image, the Chinese site prohibits cross-linking and people w/o the image in their browser cache see a "link prohibited" logo image only.

Image #1 (pop up flash):
=================
I verified that this is EXACTLY the pop-up flash from the K-m. I compared looking from the exact same angle. I additionally deburred and gamma-corrected the photo to inspect the fixation point. Those are diferent for K-m and K7. The one on the photo is from K-m.

So, this photo is a hoax.

The only image alteration are the four LED top of the flash light which the hoaxer wanted us to make believe is the new focus assist lamp ...

Image #2:
========
Classified hoax and deleted in the K7 mega thread ages ago ...

Image #3:
========
MZ1

Thank you for your quick reaction: post edited as I said I would.