Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-23-2009, 12:53 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
More K7 stuff

Cateto blog: More information about upcoming Pentax K7D

04-23-2009, 01:08 AM   #2

So he is saying OVF+EVF and no flash. Sounds good. Maybe he is totally wrong though.
04-23-2009, 01:14 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by whatever7 Quote
So he is saying OVF+EVF and no flash. Sounds good. Maybe he is totally wrong though.

That OVF/EVF hybrid idea has been floating around for what seems like forever - it would undoubtably be fantastic if it worked but I am sceptical about that.

And not including a flash on the camera would be dumb as it would unecessarily restrict the target market of the camera with little actual/appreciable benefit to the camera design.

I use the on board flash on my DS fairly reguarly for either a bit of fill-in or for adhoc macro photography using a piece of kitched roll or tissue as a diffuser. This works surprisingly well. I would be loathe to loose either of these two abilities in what is undoubtably going to be an expensive camera.
04-23-2009, 01:24 AM   #4
Veteran Member

If you read the article from the on-line magazine, you'll see that they consider these "info" to be highly speculative and are just citing on-line forums buzz like this very one... they are revendicating 0% credibility so...

04-23-2009, 02:49 AM   #5

^ That is your opinion only.

My opinion is the article I linked contains hints on actual specs of the K7D. Time will tell whether you are right, or I am right.

Further comments on the same are posted here:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/57107-pic-k30d-post565870.html#post565870
04-23-2009, 03:02 AM   #6
Veteran Member

If the picture actually shows the new Pentax DSLR, I'm willing to bet there is a pop-up flash. You can clearly see the groove for it.
04-23-2009, 03:43 AM   #7
Pentaxian

I'll bet an euro cent it will have a pop-up flash and no EVF
I'll bet another euro cent it will be a more "normal" camera than many people here seems to think. And the third cent that Pentax listens to all the whining and they're trying their best, but the whiners won't be satisfied.
04-23-2009, 04:13 AM   #8

I bet a cent in that there WILL be flash and there WILL be EVF.

But this is just my bet, nothing else.

04-23-2009, 04:31 AM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
I'll bet another euro cent it will be a more "normal" camera than many people here seems to think.
Methinks most people prefer a more normal camera....
04-23-2009, 04:37 AM   #10
Veteran Member

It may or may not have flash, and I would be as happy either way. While I don't use flash, it doesn't bother me if it is there -- but PLEASE, for the love of humanity, have an AF assist light. For me, the flash strobe thing is completely unusable and the single worst thing about Pentax cameras.
04-23-2009, 04:56 AM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cateto Quote
^ That is your opinion only.

My opinion is the article I linked contains hints on actual specs of the K7D. Time will tell whether you are right, or I am right.

Further comments on the same are posted here:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/57107-pic-k30d-post565870.html#post565870
Oh i am sure some of the specs listed in the article will be found on the actual camera (like mode dial with central lock)... but I am just not so sure about the more "defining" ones: no flash, x1,3 sensor and in finder LV.

Nevertheless, I would really love to see the last one happen if well implemented... an M42 user's dream come true!!
04-23-2009, 05:53 AM   #12

Ive seen this pic everyware... its just a personal pic some one posted with a blery pentax camera... this is far from credible
04-23-2009, 06:58 AM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by janneman Quote
Methinks most people prefer a more normal camera....
I want a normal camera, but I would be intrigued by the EVF + OVF combo, especially if that EVF overlay can be customizable. I imagine using it to display a running live histogram as I shoot. Would be helpful so I could be able to dial in EV compensation without having to do much guesswork and chimping.

Of course, pros can already do their own guesswork without the need for much chimping and such, but I'm not a pro, and I'll take whatever help I can get.

I'm sure others can find uses for an EVF overlay. In any case, the idea is EVF+OVF, so if one thinks the EVF is just a plain bother, then it's perfectly easy to turn it off and just use the OVF only.

But if it doesn't come to pass, it's okay also. I don't see it as a dealbreaker on this new camera.
04-23-2009, 01:02 PM   #14

Keep reading the blog....

Cateto blog: Some further hints on the new Pentax K7D

Says there will be an onboard flash...AND movie mode :P
04-23-2009, 03:02 PM   #15
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Seems pretty un-authoritative, that blog: it seems to me that if they're still in beta, beta is intended to run right up to release.