Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-24-2009, 08:00 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
K2000 available @ Costco.com

A good sign of what is to come from Pentax's new distribution model?

Costco - Pentax K2000 Body-Based Shake Reduction 3.5 Frames Per Second

Strange thing about the free 2GB card is that it says it is a CF not SD/SDHC. I thought that this was a great deal. I bought my K100DS for about the same price almost a year and a half ago. Also I wanted to toot my own horn a bit with this one:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/236941-post42.html

QuoteOriginally posted by MrApollinax a year ago:
For me it would make sense to make a dual lens kit and sell at warehouse stores like Costco since their members usually have a bit of disposable income available and their mindset is that buying at that store means they are getting more value for their dollar. Go into a Costco and you will see a D60 + 18-55VR + 55-200VR for about $900. I would think that if you had a Pentax Bix Box Retail rep at a store selling a comparable kit (K10D or K100DS) for at least $700-$750 they would be able to sway a few people away from the Nikon kit. Get them in the store just before summer starts when families are looking to go on vacation and try to capture some sales from people looking to upgrade from their P&S.
I officially can predict the future

So with that I will leave you with the following:

I predict the K7 will indeed be awesome. And the winning Lotto numbers will be , 8, 15, 16, 23, & 42.

04-24-2009, 08:48 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Is it available in Costco stores, or just online? I couldn't find a clear answer at the Costco link...
04-24-2009, 09:00 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
In this case I am pretty sure that it is online only. You might want to try calling your local store and ask if they carry the item number in stock. The item number is #400807. After reading all the details this deal should include a 2 GB SD card.

I have bought a couple things from Costco.com before. So far I have not had any issues with anything I have ordered.
04-24-2009, 09:05 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Oh, I'm not in the market to buy one. I was just hoping that the hordes of Costco shoppers would start seeing the Pentax branding. Guess not.

04-24-2009, 09:18 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I've seen things move from online to B&M before. So hopefully this is just a first step before moving into a new distribution model for the K2000. Get it into stores/outlets where the shoppers are willing to spend money on a perceived value add proposition. The problem with Costco B&M stores is that the team members are rarely experts on the stuff they sell. They depend on the vendors and vendor reps to come into the store to provide that expertise. So unless Pentax has enough budget to train reps to go into stores it probably won't be happening anytime soon.