Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-25-2009, 01:53 PM   #16
Nubi
Guest




Now, that hurts.:ugh:

04-25-2009, 01:55 PM   #17
Veteran Member
ftpaddict's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Yurp
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,669
Sorry, it's just all too familiar.
04-25-2009, 02:06 PM   #18
Veteran Member




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Netherlands
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 908
QuoteOriginally posted by rparmar Quote
That is correct according to what Pentax have told us. K20D replacement is not due until well into next year.
I think Pentax has not told us anything yet.... Especially as on this forum someone else says "Pentax has told us a K30D wil come toward the end of this year"
04-25-2009, 02:14 PM   #19
Site Supporter
jpzk's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Québec
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,256
Hi everyone, long time I have been here.
To me, this K7D does not seem to be a replacement for the K20D, rather, a new concept and probably beefed-up, according to the rumours.
I would suggest members to check Yvon Bourque's Blog which only publishes Pentax-related news which are "Pentax Approved".
PENTAX DSLRs

In the meantime, I am only hoping that this new K7D will support all of my lenses, including those from Sigma, Tamron, Pentax FA, Pentax DA and Pentax DA*, otherwise, if I ever decide to "upgrade" to that new cam, there could be bad surprises. I have spent thousands in new glass over the past one year and I don't need to be told that most of them will be incompatible.
Cheers.
JP

04-25-2009, 04:14 PM   #20
Senior Member




Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 128
I wonder if pentax themseves are making some of these threads... LOL
04-25-2009, 04:16 PM   #21
Veteran Member
falconeye's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Munich, Alps, Germany
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 6,863
I don't know who nubi is.

But remember the French source in the K7 mega thread? It is still to be verified. But added the two iunteresting bits of info that two more cameras are coming after K-7: First in Sep 2009 (K200D replacement) and second in 2010 (FF model).

Who knows. As early as now, nobody should actually know. But it is an option, of course...
04-25-2009, 05:10 PM   #22
Site Supporter
jpzk's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Québec
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,256
All in all: Pentax maybe is finally gearing up "against" Canikon?
JP
04-25-2009, 05:33 PM   #23
Veteran Member
rparmar's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 8,783
QuoteOriginally posted by janneman Quote
I think Pentax has not told us anything yet.... Especially as on this forum someone else says "Pentax has told us a K30D wil come toward the end of this year"
It doesn't matter what other people say -- I do not indulge in rumours. Yes, Pentax have told us something concrete, though I am not surprised it is forgotten amidst all the blarney.

Stop the Rumors! All Your Pentax Questions Answered.

04-25-2009, 05:57 PM   #24
Senior Member




Join Date: May 2007
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 149
QuoteOriginally posted by rparmar Quote
It doesn't matter what other people say -- I do not indulge in rumours. Yes, Pentax have told us something concrete, though I am not surprised it is forgotten amidst all the blarney.

Stop the Rumors! All Your Pentax Questions Answered.
Methinks you're in the wrong thread
04-25-2009, 07:58 PM   #25
Inactive Account




Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: France, EU
Posts: 97
From a French source I confirm this rumor launched by the guy Nuby:
K-7 is not the same line as K10/20D. It's a new one.
The K20D line will have a successor later this year.
04-25-2009, 08:18 PM   #26
Senior Member




Join Date: May 2007
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 149
QuoteOriginally posted by huqedato Quote
From a French source I confirm this rumor launched by the guy Nuby:
K-7 is not the same line as K10/20D. It's a new one.
The K20D line will have a successor later this year.
I'll keep an eye/ear out for word on this, but from what I recall around PMA time, there was only talk of 2 new cameras being released in the next year, one being the K-7, and the other being a K200 successor (either a direct successor or a different design, not sure).
04-25-2009, 08:32 PM   #27
Veteran Member




Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Copenhagen
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,845
QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
Hi everyone, long time I have been here.
To me, this K7D does not seem to be a replacement for the K20D, rather, a new concept and probably beefed-up, according to the rumours.
I would suggest members to check Yvon Bourque's Blog which only publishes Pentax-related news which are "Pentax Approved".
PENTAX DSLRs

In the meantime, I am only hoping that this new K7D will support all of my lenses, including those from Sigma, Tamron, Pentax FA, Pentax DA and Pentax DA*, otherwise, if I ever decide to "upgrade" to that new cam, there could be bad surprises. I have spent thousands in new glass over the past one year and I don't need to be told that most of them will be incompatible.
Cheers.
JP
Thanks for the heads up, regarding Yvons blog.

Pentax knows that their legacy mount and its compatibility is worth a lot to them. I don't think you need to worry about that part.



Regarding this thread and the OP; nothing new is brought forth, so no need for a separate thread. (But I guess people wanna seem important :ugh: )

Last edited by Jonson PL; 04-25-2009 at 09:28 PM.
04-26-2009, 04:16 AM   #28
Veteran Member




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Netherlands
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 908
QuoteOriginally posted by mutedphotos Quote
I'll keep an eye/ear out for word on this, but from what I recall around PMA time, there was only talk of 2 new cameras being released in the next year, one being the K-7, and the other being a K200 successor (either a direct successor or a different design, not sure).
Not sure about K200D successor.. There was talk about multiple new bodies...
We now seem to be quite certain about K7, one of the other bodies was more of a minor upgrade...
In fact there was talk of three new bodies IIRC, among which were supposed to be "minor upgrade versions".
So we couild expect at least one entirely new thing. At the time it was hinted that that might have been the K2000/KM but it probably was the K7.
Other speculations were that the KM/K2000 was one of the other bodies but the news of the new bodies came AFTER the release of that one... So we can still see a "minor upgrade version"of an existing model, perhabs even two.

As for minor upgrade. it was speculated to be nothing more than a GPS module or something like that but maybe , in comparison to the K7, successors to both the K20D and K200D may seem to be minor upgrades...
I cannot recall any "hard rumours"about just a K200D successor and not a K20D successor.
04-26-2009, 06:06 AM   #29
Veteran Member
rparmar's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 8,783
QuoteOriginally posted by mutedphotos Quote
Methinks you're in the wrong thread
He he! I suppose I should have said that while I enjoy reading rumours of what is upcoming, I do not indulge in wild baseless speculation. I suppose that's just a matter of taste... and definition.
04-26-2009, 08:34 AM   #30
Moderator
Site Supporter
Blue's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Florida Hill Country
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 17,212
QuoteOriginally posted by ftpaddict Quote
Is Nubi a synonym for WendyB?
More likely Benkjikan. Nubi joined the month before I did. 15 posts are spread out over 10 months.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
pentax news, pentax rumors
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Architecture Wonder Works Fl_Gulfer Post Your Photos! 2 09-05-2010 01:58 PM
Blog Query - Looking for a DSLR that works like a manual SLR monochrome General Talk 7 08-27-2010 05:43 PM
A DSLR trick works on my PZ-20 little laker Pentax Film SLR Discussion 0 10-02-2009 11:43 PM
28 M works well? Fonnyboy Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 8 04-07-2008 12:49 AM
How does DSLR shutter works? zntgrg Pentax DSLR Discussion 3 02-11-2008 12:46 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:00 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top