Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-24-2009, 07:22 PM   #106
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Nubi Quote
I am starting to think that perhaps I should stop feeding my kids for few months and buy 645D, and explain later.
What's that explanantion going to be?, "i have my priorities"

12-24-2009, 10:39 PM   #107
Veteran Member

i'm prepared, I have an extra set of SDM zooms waiting for the K9
12-25-2009, 05:30 AM   #108
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
K-x's sensor in K-7's body?? Don't think that is going to happen because that is like admitting that K-7's sensor is a dud.

The K7's sensor is a dud, it sacrificed ISO noise, and Dynamic range for video! Sacrilege!
12-25-2009, 05:57 AM   #109
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by WerTicus Quote
The K7's sensor is a dud, it sacrificed ISO noise, and Dynamic range for video! Sacrilege!
This statement doesn't become true if repeated often enough.

The doubling of channels from 2 to 4 was necessary for the increased fps spec of the K-7. Do the math. Video has nothing to do with it.

12-25-2009, 07:09 AM   #110
Veteran Member

What is peoples obsession with super-high ISO shooting?

Dammit just shoot in raw then doing NR in PP if you have to shoot at 1600+

In terms of performance going by the 7D & K7 raw results on the 7D review on dpreview there is negligible difference between the two cameras at base ISO.

How often do you actually shooting with mega high iso? and how the hell did people manage to get awesome shots just a few years ago when ISO noise was even higher on dslsr?

Just enjoy the camera!
12-25-2009, 04:26 PM   #111
Veteran Member

My Bet

There are a lot of you who seem to smell a FF in the near future. I agree. I am still betting on a FF and another model that will replace the K20D sometime in the Spring.

The FF will have a 24-25 mega pixel sensor and the APS-C K30? with a 15-17 mega pixel sensor.

We shall see what we shall see...
12-25-2009, 05:53 PM   #112
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
...I agree. I am still betting on a FF ...
I so hope your crystal ball is not malfunctioning!

Not that a FF camera would make me a better photographer, but I am indeed eager to spend the buck for it to complement my nice lens collection.

Santa if you are reading this make a note somewhere on your list

12-25-2009, 08:20 PM   #113
Nubi

There are a lot of you who seem to smell a FF in the near future. I agree. I am still betting on a FF and another model that will replace the K20D sometime in the Spring.

The FF will have a 24-25 mega pixel sensor and the APS-C K30? with a 15-17 mega pixel sensor.

We shall see what we shall see...

Not that you need it, judging from your work, but are you going to 645D? The latest is that Pentax is saying that they want to price 645D so that high end amateurs may even consider it. If the wannbe's are going to get one, are you going to? BUt then, if K20D more suffices, then why go to FF or MF unless it was provided to you??? Are we at a point where it really doesn't matter what we shoot with??
12-26-2009, 02:55 PM   #114
Veteran Member

Not that you need it, judging from your work, but are you going to 645D? The latest is that Pentax is saying that they want to price 645D so that high end amateurs may even consider it. If the wannbe's are going to get one, are you going to? BUt then, if K20D more suffices, then why go to FF or MF unless it was provided to you??? Are we at a point where it really doesn't matter what we shoot with??
At present, I am considering several options. Presently, the gear I am using suffices. I have had a few sponsorship propositions and will consider them. Until then, I will use the tools I presently have.
12-26-2009, 04:10 PM   #115
Nubi

At present, I am considering several options. Presently, the gear I am using suffices. I have had a few sponsorship propositions and will consider them. Until then, I will use the tools I presently have.
Ben,

I have a perfect solution.

I think that people who are proposing you should get me a 645D set up, and see if I can take better pictures than you do with your K20D. I am not sure what it solves, but I am calling it a solution because solutions usually benefit people and this would certainly benefit me (and will not harm you in any ways). By the way K-7 and K-x replacements already in the works.
12-27-2009, 09:49 AM   #116
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Another bashing post ! If you are not happy with your K7, why don't you switch to another brand?
Or ... maybe you don't own a K7?

JP
12-27-2009, 10:17 AM   #117
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
Another bashing post ! If you are not happy with your K7, why don't you switch to another brand?
Or ... maybe you don't own a K7?

JP
easy there JP, it's the Holidays no need to blow a fuse this will always happen and ironically with all the brands and models, that said i will be picking up a K7 shortly because member Flyfocus? with his fishing video casted my decision to invest in one because soon here in Ontario the government is going to tax us up the yin yang
12-27-2009, 11:26 AM   #118
Veteran Member

It seems that the K20D is not being stocked by the dealers over in the UK at present which may suggest that it's time is limited. Looking around I just get the feeling that nobody is interested in selling you one because something else is coming along shortly. Either that or Pentax has upset them, appearing to compete with the dealers by encouraging users to buy directly from the company's website.

Justin.
12-27-2009, 02:04 PM   #119
James S

Thats because the K20D is discontinued, mate.
12-27-2009, 02:10 PM   #120
Veteran Member

That would explain a lot. Can't recall seeing it mentioned anywhere though especially when I enquired of a dealer, when did that happen?

Justin.