Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-28-2009, 02:30 AM   #121
James S
Guest




Well if you believe what most people say, when the K-7 was introduced. However they are still available here in Oz for $899 body only at Teds.

12-28-2009, 06:17 AM   #122
Pentaxian




Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Perth Australia
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,511
QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
Another bashing post ! If you are not happy with your K7, why don't you switch to another brand?
Or ... maybe you don't own a K7?

JP
I was looking forward to the k7 and would have bought it if it was not worse than the k20d :P Bought two kx's instead.
12-28-2009, 10:33 AM   #123
Veteran Member
justinr's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Tipperary
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 394
QuoteOriginally posted by James S Quote
Well if you believe what most people say, when the K-7 was introduced. However they are still available here in Oz for $899 body only at Teds.
So there is no official word from Pentax about it's demise? Just a gradual fading from the shelves as stocks are depleted whilst the world carries on thinking that it still exists. Trouble is I don't really want a K-x and nor do I really want to pay the extra for a K7. Nice of them to keep us in the picture.

Justin.
12-28-2009, 10:35 AM   #124
Pentaxian
thibs's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Belgium
Photos: Albums
Posts: 5,260
QuoteOriginally posted by WerTicus Quote
I was looking forward to the k7 and would have bought it if it was not worse than the k20d :P Bought two kx's instead.
Mmm? Oh no, not again ...

12-28-2009, 04:53 PM   #125
James S
Guest




QuoteOriginally posted by justinr Quote
So there is no official word from Pentax about it's demise? Just a gradual fading from the shelves as stocks are depleted whilst the world carries on thinking that it still exists. Trouble is I don't really want a K-x and nor do I really want to pay the extra for a K7. Nice of them to keep us in the picture.

Justin.
It is no longer listed on many of the Pentax worldwide websites, which seems to indicate it's discontinuation, and the fact the 'insiders' here have also said. I believe some countries will still have stock in their warehouses, which is why some stores in Australia still have them.

The cheapest K20D body only price I can find here is $899 and now the K-7 is $1299... hmmm decisions...
12-28-2009, 05:18 PM   #126
Banned




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Millstone,NJ
Posts: 6,491
QuoteOriginally posted by WerTicus Quote
I was looking forward to the k7 and would have bought it if it was not worse than the k20d :P Bought two kx's instead.
Does the K20D have video and HDR mode ?
12-28-2009, 05:32 PM   #127
Senior Member




Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 167
Not to be mean guys, but I hope Pentax sticks to APS-C. I would much rather they spent their money on improving their APS-C sensors and technology.
12-28-2009, 06:36 PM   #128
Nubi
Guest




QuoteOriginally posted by alehel Quote
Not to be mean guys, but I hope Pentax sticks to APS-C. I would much rather they spent their money on improving their APS-C sensors and technology.
That's fine, but I think that concurrently they can provide us with FF because that is one more way they can get more out of us, especially now.

12-29-2009, 03:20 AM   #129
Veteran Member
falconeye's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Munich, Alps, Germany
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 6,863
QuoteOriginally posted by alehel Quote
I would much rather they spent their money on improving their APS-C sensors and technology.
Don't want to spoil the party. But Pentax simply buys the sensors rather than develop them. Same for shutter. And the rest of technology isn't size-dependent.
12-29-2009, 03:34 AM   #130
Damn Brit
Guest




QuoteOriginally posted by Nubi Quote
That's fine, but I think that concurrently they can provide us with FF because that is one more way they can get more out of us, especially now.
Early problems with K7 would make me suspect that release of a FF camera would not be met with a mad rush to go out and buy it. FF will not be cheap, Pentax owners aren't known for deep pockets (as shown by all the threads about price increases on lenses). I think Pentax needs to tighten up on QC before trying to play with the big boys. MF would be more logical, with higher price and lower volume, QC should be better for such high end equipment.

Last edited by Damn Brit; 12-29-2009 at 03:51 AM.
12-29-2009, 05:16 AM   #131
Veteran Member
RuiC's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Lisboa - The Grocery
Posts: 616
QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
Don't want to spoil the party. But Pentax simply buys the sensors rather than develop them. Same for shutter. And the rest of technology isn't size-dependent.
Just sent a PM 2 u

Regards
Rui
12-29-2009, 06:10 AM   #132
Nubi
Guest




QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Early problems with K7 would make me suspect that release of a FF camera would not be met with a mad rush to go out and buy it. FF will not be cheap, Pentax owners aren't known for deep pockets (as shown by all the threads about price increases on lenses). I think Pentax needs to tighten up on QC before trying to play with the big boys. MF would be more logical, with higher price and lower volume, QC should be better for such high end equipment.
Yes, I agree. But on the other hand, the problems K-7 had early to me is nothing out of ordinary with new product, especially the first batch off the factory assembly line. Canikon folks seem to have just as much problems as Pentax does, but of course there is no objective way of measuring all that.
12-29-2009, 01:37 PM   #133
Damn Brit
Guest




QuoteOriginally posted by Nubi Quote
But on the other hand, the problems K-7 had early to me is nothing out of ordinary with new product, especially the first batch off the factory assembly line. Canikon folks seem to have just as much problems as Pentax does, but of course there is no objective way of measuring all that.
Then personally, I think people are becoming too tolerant of poor quality.

This is fast becoming the era of "I want it and I want it now... whether it works or not".
12-29-2009, 01:58 PM   #134
Veteran Member
justinr's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Tipperary
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 394
QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Then personally, I think people are becoming too tolerant of poor quality.

This is fast becoming the era of "I want it and I want it now... whether it works or not".
Yes indeed, let the customer do the development work, but it is nothing new. Assuming you are an expat Brit then you will probably have faint memories of British Leyland who did exactly the same thing in the 70's and 80's. Where are they now? Beaten by those who did their homework first. (OK I know that's not the whole story but it was a factor)

Justin.
12-29-2009, 02:02 PM   #135
Damn Brit
Guest




QuoteOriginally posted by justinr Quote
Yes indeed, let the customer do the development work, but it is nothing new. Assuming you are an expat Brit then you will probably have faint memories of British Leyland who did exactly the same thing in the 70's and 80's. Where are they now? Beaten by those who did their homework first. (OK I know that's not the whole story but it was a factor)

Justin.
I had a few BL cars in my younger days (admittedly not new) and they were my most trouble free cars.
But I get your point, difference is, in those days the customer didn't tolerate it hence BL failing.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
pentax news, pentax rumors
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Architecture Wonder Works Fl_Gulfer Post Your Photos! 2 09-05-2010 01:58 PM
Blog Query - Looking for a DSLR that works like a manual SLR monochrome General Talk 7 08-27-2010 05:43 PM
A DSLR trick works on my PZ-20 little laker Pentax Film SLR Discussion 0 10-02-2009 11:43 PM
28 M works well? Fonnyboy Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 8 04-07-2008 12:49 AM
How does DSLR shutter works? zntgrg Pentax DSLR Discussion 3 02-11-2008 12:46 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:03 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top