Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-26-2009, 11:24 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by RBellavance Quote
Read Ned's blog again, he pretty much shoots down in flames the idea that the K-7 is anything other than APS-C.
Exactly...we've already established that it's NOT FF.

The new cam is APS-C
The new cam is APS-C
The new cam is APS-C
The new cam is APS-C

K? :ugh:

04-26-2009, 12:44 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Read Ned's blog again, he pretty much shoots down in flames the idea that the K-7 is anything other than APS-C.
And that a FF camera is in the works.
04-26-2009, 02:57 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Adrian Owerko Quote
I wish I was Ned's Neighbor, poking my DA* 300mm over the fence (:
Adrian, I take that you liked my photo montage of the sheeps! I'm glad that some of you guys are using it. Spread it around. It depicts what we are as Pentaxians.

PENTAX DSLRs: The new Pentax 645D will help all of us, even if you don't buy one. How? Read on...

I designed this last year and it's pocted in an olf blog but I can't really remember when.
04-26-2009, 03:16 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Really like it K10dbook thanks for making it.... I want to get it printed up as a bumper sticker for my car.. If there is enough interest I could get 50 or more printed up...

04-26-2009, 03:18 PM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by adrian owerko Quote
really like it k10dbook thanks for making it.... I want to get it printed up as a bumper sticker for my car.. If there is enough interest i could get 50 or more printed up...
nice!
04-26-2009, 04:05 PM   #21

QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
You guys are so perspicacious in deed
You get the $50 word award! I am feeling pretty keen sighted for even recognizing the word!

Here is a testament to the quality of the Pentax optics. If Ned had to "soften" the photo so no one would be able to tell what it was, that's pretty impressive. It also tells me it is the teaser as it would have been just as easy to shop the camera out.
04-26-2009, 04:07 PM   #22

QuoteOriginally posted by Adrian Owerko Quote
Really like it K10dbook thanks for making it.... I want to get it printed up as a bumper sticker for my car.. If there is enough interest I could get 50 or more printed up...
I'll chip in for ten.

04-27-2009, 09:36 AM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mattdm Quote
Unlike C or N, Pentax currently offers premium optics for APS-C, so they are going to have to sell out their initial production runs on these lenses before they can transition to FF. That means that they're probably going to take their time with FF, and reassure the Pentax faithful that they will get one eventually. Of course, a new series of lenses is going to have to be ready at launch. And lenses like the DA*16-50 and the wider DA Limiteds are going to have to be phased out of production for that to make sense, otherwise the Pentax lens lineup is going to be very confusing.
04-27-2009, 10:48 AM   #24
Veteran Member

Cool

Difficult angle on that image to determine, just saying based on the image alone it looked like a FF camera to me. I am up to speed now, thanks.

C
04-27-2009, 11:21 AM   #25
Veteran Member

Hi Yvon, If I may suggest...

try one with a Red sheep, rather than black. I think it would compliment the pentax color schema rather nicely. Besides it makes us look like the black hat guys... you know we're the guys that wear the white hats!

QuoteOriginally posted by k10dbook Quote
Adrian, I take that you liked my photo montage of the sheeps! I'm glad that some of you guys are using it. Spread it around. It depicts what we are as Pentaxians.

I designed this last year and it's pocted in an olf blog but I can't really remember when.
04-27-2009, 11:34 AM   #26

why worry about FF... I mean it adds bulk and weight I hike and bike alot FF really doesnt make sence for me really. want FF I would get canon nikon or just get the MF pentax camera when it comes up...
04-27-2009, 11:58 AM   #27
Veteran Member

Gotta agree with you there.

I'm surprised that he doesn't think that the 31 Limited would have enough resolution for a FF camera!

Of course, you can read this in a number of ways: (1) a FF Pentax would have the same pixel density as the K20 (just lots more of them), or (2) he hasn't counted the pixels on the 5D or the D700! or (3) he really doesn't care, because there is no FF camera anyway!
04-27-2009, 12:04 PM   #28
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mattdm Quote
Pentax policy seems clear to me: APS-C for the dslr segment. Medium format for those seeking something more professional than an FF camera.
I appreciate the current direction of Pentax in the photographic market.
04-27-2009, 12:06 PM   #29
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ecoronin Quote
why worry about FF... I mean it adds bulk and weight I hike and bike alot FF really doesnt make sence for me really. want FF I would get canon nikon or just get the MF pentax camera when it comes up...

The thing I'd like about FF is really the field of view, and getting the same response from a particular lens at a particular distance from the subject that you would on film.

With portraits, we either have to be a lot farther away or use a shorter lens to get the same framing, and that affects the entire image (depth of field, etc.). The 31 ltd would be a perfect wide on FF, but it's a little tight on APS-C.

But, for the most part, I'm very happy with the performance of the K20, and frankly I loved the images from the K100 too! I don't need more pixels, but it'd be nice to get more "image."
04-27-2009, 12:57 PM   #30
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by farfisa Quote
The thing I'd like about FF is really the field of view, and getting the same response from a particular lens at a particular distance from the subject that you would on film.

With portraits, we either have to be a lot farther away or use a shorter lens to get the same framing, and that affects the entire image (depth of field, etc.). The 31 ltd would be a perfect wide on FF, but it's a little tight on APS-C.
That's mostly a question of adjusting to the different format, isn't it? But of course, to really have something like the 31 ltd on film, one would need something like a 20mm 1.4...