04-26-2009, 01:36 AM   #16
Veteran Member

I have replied.

I have made my reply:-

NED BUNNELL: Op-Ed thoughts by the Spa

My whole-hearted words are written.

QuoteOriginally posted by MrApollinax Quote
NED BUNNELL: Op-Ed thoughts by the Spa

Seems like Ned will be posting thoughts on some of the hoopla that has been going on with the announcement of the new K7. Consider this the trifecta now of the Web-based viral marketing. Kudos to Pentax on using 21st century technology to bring their marketing and cameras to the forefront of a new generation of shooters. Now all we need is a Twitter account from someone "on the inside" releasing tidbits or an easter egg hidden on the pentax site that will eek out more details as we draw closer to the announce date...

04-26-2009, 04:56 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dave sz Quote
thread #50 about the same subject. The past few days it's just been a constant barrage of repeat threads. Annoying...
Wow guys, sorry i didn't see the post in the other 50 page thread about the same thing. I didn't realize that was the "official" page for everything. Too bad i didn't figure out that "Pics of the K30D" really meant stuff from Ned's Blog since the thread title is so specific and all. Since there are two threads about it I'm guessing I'm not the only one to have come to the same conclusion. Next time I'll send you or Mike P a PM before I post to make sure I don't annoy you two. Way to make this place feel welcoming...
04-26-2009, 05:02 AM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RiceHigh Quote
I have made my reply:-
RiceHigh — I agree that sometimes people are too harsh with you, although I understand why people get frustrated sometimes. One aspect of this is constant self-promotion, which you've generally been much better about here, recently — but this "look, I've made a comment on someone else's blog! here's the link" kinda thing doesn't really help that perception.
04-26-2009, 05:22 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mattdm Quote
RiceHigh — I agree that sometimes people are too harsh with you, although I understand why people get frustrated sometimes. One aspect of this is constant self-promotion, which you've generally been much better about here, recently — but this "look, I've made a comment on someone else's blog! here's the link" kinda thing doesn't really help that perception.
If you ask me, Rice High is a more hapy person since he started shooting with excellent Pentax glass on a FF *****, and his blogg (yeah, thereby admitting I took a look there) as well as posts on forums are a bit more balanced and less Pentax-negative than before. Unbalanced criticism is not hiding his photo entusiasm as much. So let's give him a second chance. He is not the only one that has been extremely frustrasted when Pentax appeared to lag behind. Imagine what a nice fellow he would be if he got a Pentax FF. Actually, that would probably apply to a lot of people here

04-26-2009, 05:24 AM   #20
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think Rice will buy K-7.
04-26-2009, 05:39 AM   #21
and
Veteran Member

I guess Ned should register then since he is obviously lurking here...
04-26-2009, 05:59 AM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MrApollinax Quote
Next time I'll send you or Mike P a PM before I post to make sure I don't annoy you two. Way to make this place feel welcoming...
If that was an attempt at sarcasm I must say it was pretty weak.

Anyway, off to read the next 20 pages that have probably been written about the same thing.

04-26-2009, 06:43 AM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Steelski Quote
You are right. It is most likely the new pentax. The blog on number 2 was released on the 23rd, and the 21st is too close to not see it coming. The online photographer is a regular K20D user (...) Then again the slot could be for the D5000 or D400, or E620. But something tells me that Pentax is the one.
I agree and one particular feature of the K-7 that is sure is the compactness. And Mike Johnston has always advocated strongly for smaller DSLR.
04-26-2009, 06:45 AM   #24
Veteran Member

A. I think it's reasonable that this be in a new thread. Not everyone reads every off-topic post in other threads before they want to write on a topic. Personally I hate long threads that meander everywhere.

B. I have defended Ned and will again. This blog post of his illustrates once again that he is a decent fellow with a balanced sense of proportions.
04-26-2009, 06:56 AM   #25

This kind of marketing is great for pentax verry cheap lol but it works very good
04-26-2009, 07:16 AM   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mattdm Quote
I really can't understand why when I have already typed overthere, I still needed to re-type or copy/paste the same thing here (and waste forum storage and bandwidth). Just an Hyperlink will serve the purpose, most effectively! Guy, its the Internet, with Hyperlinking!
04-26-2009, 07:18 AM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by and Quote
I guess Ned should register then since he is obviously lurking here...
Yes, but since he is so busy with his job, he can't post many where. He should choose one, the best one - it should be Here, instead of DPR Now!
04-26-2009, 07:31 AM   #28
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Sean Nelson Quote
I took a stroll through Ned's post and followed his link to The Top Ten Recommended Cameras on the Online Photographer site. What caught my eye there is that the number 2 spot has been "reserved until this time next month". Is some other company coming out with a new model then, or does this sound suspicuously like the new Pentax?
Given the constant cries from the writer(s) at T.O.P. on the subject of a good walkaround digital point-and-shoot, I would be very surprised if #2 turned out to be anything other than the Sigma DP2.

See, for example: The Online Photographer: Sigma DP2?It's Official
04-26-2009, 07:38 AM   #29
RaduA

QuoteOriginally posted by uccemebug Quote
Given the constant cries from the writer(s) at T.O.P. on the subject of a good walkaround digital point-and-shoot, I would be very surprised if #2 turned out to be anything other than the Sigma DP2.

See, for example: The Online Photographer: Sigma DP2?It's Official
The DP2 was officially launched on the 24th this month so there is absolutely no need for a one month delay. It's 99% the *other* one .

Radu
04-26-2009, 07:57 AM   #30
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RaduA Quote
The DP2 was officially launched on the 24th this month so there is absolutely no need for a one month delay. It's 99% the *other* one .

Radu
My first interpretation of his "delay" in announcing the #2 spot was that he was poking fun at the whole concept of waiting on an anticipated model rather than going out and shooting with what one has in hand today. Whatever it turns out to be, you have to hand it to him for creating something that's caught so many people's imagination while generating so little animosity. I don't often feel motivated to respond to his posts (more eloquant people usually beat me to it given that I'm on the other side of the world, in any event) but I really enjoyed what he did with that set of posts. My friends and I actually talked about it during rare face-time.