Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-26-2009, 07:17 PM   #46
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mattdm Quote
Hey, I'm only pointing out that it is part of a pattern which taken all together can be seen as obnoxious. Since the whole thread started with a reference to Ned's blog, presumably another link doesn't add anything. I'm not telling you to do anything, just suggesting how this can add to the negative perception. I don't even really care that much. What you want to do is totally your call.
I actually included a link of my comment to Ned's Blog Post, but owing to some bugs of Google, it cannot be addressed correctly when you click the link - but the link is *different*.

04-26-2009, 07:19 PM   #47
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
RH, the forum rules allow for links in your sig but not in the body of your post. Everyone adheres to that rule except for you and if they don't, the link is removed. By all means mention it in the post but we really would appreciate it if you didn't include the links.
Everyone is happy then.
Not really. There is NO such a "Rule".

Quite some times ago I had clarified this with Adam and he had no objection to my understanding.

And in fact, if Hyperlinking is "Not Allowed", the Internet won't work! :-0
04-26-2009, 07:47 PM   #48
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hey Rice...

Why is it that every thread you post in rapidly slides off topic into some debate about rules, regulations, and freedom of expresion?

In your last 5 posts have you added anything, or just given us yet another round of "Rice is Right"?

It is so tiring and so predictable.

Can we get back to cameras please?
04-26-2009, 07:52 PM   #49
Nubi

Can everybody please post a link to your source for this statement.

04-26-2009, 08:16 PM   #50
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by KungPOW Quote
Why is it that every thread you post in rapidly slides off topic into some debate about rules, regulations, and freedom of expresion?
In this specific case, that's clearly our fault and not his. I apologize.

That said, with no actual new News or Rumors, this entire forum is doomed to useless babble for another three or four weeks, so might as well keep ourselves entertained.
04-26-2009, 08:33 PM   #51
Veteran Member

That said, with no actual new News or Rumors, this entire forum is doomed to useless babble for another three or four weeks, so might as well keep ourselves entertained.
Not really. Just wait for another week and see! ~
04-26-2009, 09:11 PM   #52
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by RiceHigh Quote
Not really. There is NO such a "Rule".

Quite some times ago I had clarified this with Adam and he had no objection to my understanding.

And in fact, if Hyperlinking is "Not Allowed", the Internet won't work! :-0
Yeah, sorry you are right RH, I often confuse etiquette with the rules. I am so used to the other members on this forum adhering to that etiquette that I mistakenly refer to it as a rule.

Now that that has been clarified, I'm sure I speak for many others when I say that threads in which you are involved in would be a lot friendlier if you did confine links to your blog to your sig and that there would be less aggressive posts directed at you.

Please note, this is not an attack on you, I'm just bringing it up as I believe it would benefit the whole forum.

04-26-2009, 09:53 PM   #53
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I also sometimes link to my own articles in my posts. I have written 300 or more articles on my websites and contribute here a lot as well. I see no reason to rewrite or copy and paste when I can simply link. I also link to my shots on Flickr since I don't want to have to upload the files twice.

All of this, as RiceHigh said, is how the web works. If for some reason etiquette gets in the way of this, I say change the etiquette.
04-27-2009, 12:07 AM   #54
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by rparmar Quote
I also sometimes link to my own articles in my posts. I have written 300 or more articles on my websites and contribute here a lot as well. I see no reason to rewrite or copy and paste when I can simply link. I also link to my shots on Flickr since I don't want to have to upload the files twice.

All of this, as RiceHigh said, is how the web works. If for some reason etiquette gets in the way of this, I say change the etiquette.
I guess I'll let you get on with it then.
04-27-2009, 12:19 AM   #55
Veteran Member

No Problem. :)

No problem, its Okay (handshake), my pal.
04-27-2009, 12:20 AM   #56
Veteran Member

No problem, its Okay (handshake), I think you have your role here and I believe your last post just served as a friendly reminder :-)

Yeah, sorry you are right RH, I often confuse etiquette with the rules. I am so used to the other members on this forum adhering to that etiquette that I mistakenly refer to it as a rule.

Now that that has been clarified, I'm sure I speak for many others when I say that threads in which you are involved in would be a lot friendlier if you did confine links to your blog to your sig and that there would be less aggressive posts directed at you.

Please note, this is not an attack on you, I'm just bringing it up as I believe it would benefit the whole forum.
04-27-2009, 03:23 AM   #57
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JHfwp Quote
He sounds like a nice guy.
He is a great guy. Good soul...

Ben
04-27-2009, 06:44 AM   #58
Loyal Site Supporter

Gary, I actually think RiceHigh gets the aggressive posts directed at him because he dares poke the balloon of the allmighty Pentax.
It's the whole shoot the messenger syndrome playing out.
I've been the target of a few myself for similar (though not exactly the same) reasons.
I've pulled some pretty feisty responses out of the FanBoy group with what I thought were some fairly reasonable concerns.
04-27-2009, 06:51 AM   #59
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
wheatfield: I don't think that's the case...it's the constant pushing of the posts in an aggressive manner that's the issue (e.g., the hotpixel nonissue w/ the K20D, etc). Look at some of my posts where I mention other systems and some of their pros. No one has flamed me yet because I try to take an even perspective and explain what I've seen compared to what I have.

BTW, I'm surprised no one has mentioned the FF part of Ned's post. The way I read it, their engineers have played w/ FF but think all current glass will be outresolved by the sensor, so they have no plans to produce FF until they run out of room w/ APS-C. What I don't get is why Canikon's FF systems seem ok (no one claiming the lens is outresolved by the sensor)?
04-27-2009, 07:09 AM   #60
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kenyee Quote
wheatfield: I don't think that's the case...it's the constant pushing of the posts in an aggressive manner that's the issue (e.g., the hotpixel nonissue w/ the K20D, etc). Look at some of my posts where I mention other systems and some of their pros. No one has flamed me yet because I try to take an even perspective and explain what I've seen compared to what I have.

BTW, I'm surprised no one has mentioned the FF part of Ned's post. The way I read it, their engineers have played w/ FF but think all current glass will be outresolved by the sensor, so they have no plans to produce FF until they run out of room w/ APS-C. What I don't get is why Canikon's FF systems seem ok (no one claiming the lens is outresolved by the sensor)?

You didn't mention that RH never had a k20D nor did he use one more than 10 minutes in a store.

As far as Ned's comments go on FF, was he telling us to go buy a N. D3x, D3 or D700 if the K20D doesn't have enough performance for us?
I am curious about the "glass" and resolution issues also. That implies that Pentax has tested "Legace" glass and I'm wondering if they have done those tests with the M* A* etc as well as some of the other better glass.