Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-25-2009, 03:58 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Ned B. On NDAs, RiceHigh and other things

NED BUNNELL: Op-Ed thoughts by the Spa

Seems like Ned will be posting thoughts on some of the hoopla that has been going on with the announcement of the new K7. Consider this the trifecta now of the Web-based viral marketing. Kudos to Pentax on using 21st century technology to bring their marketing and cameras to the forefront of a new generation of shooters. Now all we need is a Twitter account from someone "on the inside" releasing tidbits or an easter egg hidden on the pentax site that will eek out more details as we draw closer to the announce date...

04-25-2009, 04:19 PM   #2
Veteran Member

He sounds like a nice guy.
04-25-2009, 04:20 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Yeah he does sound like a nice guy.

RiceHigh's probably giddy with delight hehe
04-25-2009, 06:18 PM   #4
m8o
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
So now Ned'll be doing everything Ben told him he should...?

Edit: never mind. I just read the blog. that's not what case. :ugh:

Last edited by m8o; 04-25-2009 at 07:15 PM.
04-25-2009, 06:37 PM   #5
Veteran Member

The biggest point...

He confirms that the leak is legit.
04-25-2009, 09:07 PM   #6
Veteran Member

I took a stroll through Ned's post and followed his link to The Top Ten Recommended Cameras on the Online Photographer site. What caught my eye there is that the number 2 spot has been "reserved until this time next month". Is some other company coming out with a new model then, or does this sound suspicuously like the new Pentax?

...and have I just become a carrier in Pentax's viral marketing campaign???
04-25-2009, 09:17 PM   #7
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by Sean Nelson Quote
I took a stroll through Ned's post and followed his link to The Top Ten Recommended Cameras on the Online Photographer site. What caught my eye there is that the number 2 spot has been "reserved until this time next month". Is some other company coming out with a new model then, or does this sound suspicuously like the new Pentax?

As long as they don't try and recruit Ashton Kutcher for their advertising. If Pentax want to get more aggressive in their marketing, that's fine by me.

Did you get vaccinated by the way Sean?

04-25-2009, 09:30 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Sean Nelson Quote

You are right. It is most likely the new pentax. The blog on number 2 was released on the 23rd, and the 21st is too close to not see it coming. The online photographer is a regular K20D user. Refering to it as old trusty sometimes. He is in a way a big Pentax fan. If he has just recieved the model then I am very hapy that he has chosen to put it at number 2 in a seperate slot. AKA the D300 slot/Canon Mark II slot. As the new pentax has video it is likley to be able to compete with the Canon or it is just better than the D300. Then again the slot could be for the D5000 or D400, or E620. But something tells me that Pentax is the one.
04-25-2009, 09:38 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Ned would be a nicer guy if he'd shoot that over with at least a DA* 200mm
04-25-2009, 09:45 PM   #10
Veteran Member

5DMarkII won camera of the year last year:2008

http://theonlinephotographer.typepad.com/the_online_photographer/2008/12/camera-of-the-1.html

That is interesting that the #2 spot for 2009 is being held open for Pentax K7D.

This would meet the 30 day requirement he's listed as needing to pass to pick his 2nd place choice.

Very interesting observation, indeed.

QuoteOriginally posted by Steelski Quote
You are right. It is most likely the new pentax. The blog on number 2 was released on the 23rd, and the 21st is too close to not see it coming. The online photographer is a regular K20D user. Refering to it as old trusty sometimes. He is in a way a big Pentax fan. If he has just recieved the model then I am very hapy that he has chosen to put it at number 2 in a seperate slot. AKA the D300 slot/Canon Mark II slot. As the new pentax has video it is likley to be able to compete with the Canon or it is just better than the D300. Then again the slot could be for the D5000 or D400, or E620. But something tells me that Pentax is the one.
04-25-2009, 10:11 PM   #11

Holy mother of GOD!!! Look at the picture on Ned's blog... up and over to the left. It another pic of the K7. I love how he made it specifically blurry!! Hahahaha...nice sense of humor there.
04-25-2009, 10:44 PM   #12
Veteran Member

thread #50 about the same subject. The past few days it's just been a constant barrage of repeat threads. Annoying...
04-25-2009, 10:57 PM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dave sz Quote
thread #50 about the same subject. The past few days it's just been a constant barrage of repeat threads. Annoying...
I agree, its just got totally out of hand now.
There is absolutely nothing new in this thread thats hasnt been repeated in others countless times. Its a pity people don't read the others before starting their own.
04-25-2009, 11:00 PM   #14
Veteran Member

^^The two Ned B threads were started/posted at exactly the same time.
04-26-2009, 01:02 AM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JHfwp Quote
^^The two Ned B threads were started/posted at exactly the same time.
Its ALL in the K30D thread .. post HERE

I would say that was a good hour or so earlier.