Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-26-2009, 08:36 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by RiceHigh Quote
I really can't understand why when I have already typed overthere, I still needed to re-type or copy/paste the same thing here (and waste forum storage and bandwidth). Just an Hyperlink will serve the purpose, most effectively! Guy, its the Internet, with Hyperlinking!
Or, you know, assume that people who are interested in seeing it will see it over there just fine.

04-26-2009, 08:49 AM   #32
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
I think Rice will buy K-7.
I hope so. That way he can review a digital Pentax body he actually owns and has had in his hands for more than 10 minutes.
04-26-2009, 09:06 AM   #33
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Sean Nelson Quote
I took a stroll through Ned's post and followed his link to The Top Ten Recommended Cameras on the Online Photographer site. What caught my eye there is that the number 2 spot has been "reserved until this time next month". Is some other company coming out with a new model then, or does this sound suspicuously like the new Pentax?

...and have I just become a carrier in Pentax's viral marketing campaign???
Just thought I would share with you what I posted on Mike's site re this article:

Thanks for the fine article Mike. I totally agree with your conclusions. Any of the above camera's could be used for most applications and produce fine results. I would have no qualms using any of them for a magazine production fashion shoot. My using Pentax is a consequence of other factors that affected my reasons for opting for the brand. I must say however, that Pentax glass in most cases is excellent and have been quite impressed with the outcome. I believe the popularity of certain brands over others has more to do with marketing force and budgets allocated for supporting those brands. In today's harsh economic environment, manufacturers have to come up with very innovative marketing schemes that are as inventive as the technologies being proposed. I won't get in to a lengthly diatribe here, but many camera manufacturers seem to more often than not miss their mark. Pentax is a prime example of a manufacturer that hasn't exploited their pedigree DNA and that is unfortunate. None the less, again, all of the above tools do their job well. Unfortunately the only limitations to their excellence is often those pressing the shutter.

Ben
04-26-2009, 10:39 AM   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RaduA Quote
The DP2 was officially launched on the 24th this month so there is absolutely no need for a one month delay. It's 99% the *other* one .

Radu
The trouble is, after his #3 'choice', I can't see him picking an APS-C DSLR as his #2 pick. The DP2 is a type of camera he's been wanting badly, and he's lukewarm about the LX3 and G10. Even though the DP2 has just been released, maybe he needs more time for a full appraisal.

04-26-2009, 10:43 AM   #35
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by GaryM Quote
The trouble is, after his #3 'choice', I can't see him picking an APS-C DSLR as his #2 pick. The DP2 is a type of camera he's been wanting badly, and he's lukewarm about the LX3 and G10. Even though the DP2 has just been released, maybe he needs more time for a full appraisal.
He probably has a K-7 in his hands and the improvements at least have it as a runner up for #2
04-26-2009, 02:26 PM   #36
Veteran Member

I don't think Ned likes me he never replies to any of my comments and questions on his blog..
04-26-2009, 05:06 PM   #37
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by uccemebug Quote
Given the constant cries from the writer(s) at T.O.P. on the subject of a good walkaround digital point-and-shoot, I would be very surprised if #2 turned out to be anything other than the Sigma DP2.

See, for example: The Online Photographer: Sigma DP2?It's Official
Why bother putting the DP2 in the list? They already made the recommendation for the LX3 (at #4) and a Canon Ixus (#10, I believe) in there. While the K7 landing at number 2 also seems far-fetched, it's a better bet than the DP2.

My guess is it may be the E-620 that goes in there. Or should have been the E-620 but Mike decided to see what Pentax has to offer come May.

04-26-2009, 05:19 PM   #38
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Does it matter what they put at #2? They couldn't even decide on the K20D for #3 place, even though it was the cheapest by far of those in competition, and the only one with seals, in-camera SR and high IQ.
04-26-2009, 05:22 PM   #39

QuoteOriginally posted by GaryM Quote
What if he does? Even if he pick the GR Digital and its crappy noisy sensor as the 2nd best camera of all time it wouldn't stop the earth from spinning.
04-26-2009, 05:54 PM   #40
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rparmar Quote
Does it matter what they put at #2? They couldn't even decide on the K20D for #3 place, even though it was the cheapest by far of those in competition, and the only one with seals, in-camera SR and high IQ.
Agreed.
K20 deserved being at number 3 for being a good camera, and excellent value for money.
Outstanding value for money, actually.
Yes, it's in good company, but for the price, it's unbeatable.
04-26-2009, 06:22 PM   #41
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mattdm Quote
Or, you know, assume that people who are interested in seeing it will see it over there just fine.
Pointing to Ned's Blog will do NO HARM. Will it?
04-26-2009, 06:23 PM   #42
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Torphoto Quote
He probably has a K-7 in his hands and the improvements at least have it as a runner up for #2
Mike Johnston is a Pentax fan, he always likes Pentax! :-)
04-26-2009, 06:36 PM   #43
Damn Brit

I really can't understand why when I have already typed overthere, I still needed to re-type or copy/paste the same thing here (and waste forum storage and bandwidth). Just an Hyperlink will serve the purpose, most effectively! Guy, its the Internet, with Hyperlinking!
RH, the forum rules allow for links in your sig but not in the body of your post. Everyone adheres to that rule except for you and if they don't, the link is removed. By all means mention it in the post but we really would appreciate it if you didn't include the links.
Everyone is happy then.
04-26-2009, 06:44 PM   #44
Veteran Member

Pointing to Ned's Blog will do NO HARM. Will it?
Hey, I'm only pointing out that it is part of a pattern which taken all together can be seen as obnoxious. Since the whole thread started with a reference to Ned's blog, presumably another link doesn't add anything. I'm not telling you to do anything, just suggesting how this can add to the negative perception. I don't even really care that much. What you want to do is totally your call.
04-26-2009, 07:08 PM   #45
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
My $ is on the new Fuji 200 EXR.

QuoteOriginally posted by Sean Nelson Quote
I took a stroll through Ned's post and followed his link to The Top Ten Recommended Cameras on the Online Photographer site. What caught my eye there is that the number 2 spot has been "reserved until this time next month". Is some other company coming out with a new model then, or does this sound suspicuously like the new Pentax?

...and have I just become a carrier in Pentax's viral marketing campaign???