Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-27-2009, 07:19 AM   #76
RaduA

QuoteOriginally posted by deejjjaaaa Quote
In a saloon in the wild West, an experienced cowbow teaches a rookie.

-And you see there son, that's Uncatchable Joe.
-Wow, so noone can catch him?
-Noone really cares to.
My close friend dejjjjjjjaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa is expressing his sadness that he's even less significant than ogl.

Hang in there, buddy, I can imagine how tough it must be but this is life!

Radu

04-27-2009, 07:25 AM   #77

Doesn't RH's recent blog post show where he lives? That would give away his friend's location quickly. I would keep quiet if I were him.
04-27-2009, 07:27 AM   #78
RaduA

QuoteOriginally posted by emr Quote
Radu, if you have a personal axe to grind with the mentioned posters, why not take it to PM or email and not waste bandwidth here with these ad hominem attacks?
Exactly what seemed to you to be *ad hominem* attacks in my o.p. about RH' potential motifs? Is it correct that he labels other people as being on the Pentax payroll and he can get a free pass about whether or not his motivation is genuine?
Is it possible that you may be for too shorter time on this forum to judge fairly each of our past history of posting? It's just a question I hope you don't label it as a personal attack also.

Radu
04-27-2009, 07:34 AM   #79
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I think you both should take things much less personal... So shake hands and let's get back on topic! That's much more interesting than your quarrels

04-27-2009, 07:35 AM   #80

_Let's go back back IN TOPIC_

If *the dimensions are confirmed* it's closer to a K200D than to a K2000D. It's very similar to the old K100D actually...
04-27-2009, 07:39 AM   #81
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JHfwp Quote
I would like to see a thread started on unwanted features. I've got big hands and small size is not a characteristic I find useful in a camera. I'm betting I'm not alone either.

Adding to that, I don't want to pay extra for video. I would rather have something well-built than light weight. But it is all about image quality I suppose. I also am not going to pay more for FPS. Or an ISO button. Or marginally improved Live View--which is pretty much worthless to me unlesss the LCD articulates.

The one thing I was really looking forward to was FF. If the image quality is greatly improved, or if the price is low, I won't complain. But FF is eventually going to cost them a lot of sales the way things are now.
Like what has been said many times before, Pentax is really not the brand for people looking for FF. Go dual-system like some have, or switch out altogether. If you really need it, then you should go for it. It's hard to bet if FF will come to Pentax or not and when, if ever. Even Pentax execs are sending out conflicting signals regarding FF.

I really don't see the image quality in high ISOs suddenly jumping to D3 levels with the new camera unless they announce a totally new sensor technology along with the new camera, so if that's the greatly improved IQ you're looking for, you probably won't get it (my guess: usable at ISO 6400 - usable, not superb).

As for that thread you wanted to see started, you could probably start one yourself. I'm sure there are other like-minded souls who will chip in some ideas. I probably would have some of my own, too.
04-27-2009, 07:42 AM   #82
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cooldude14es Quote
Thats good.. but I dont like compact cameras...
Vote with your wallet and give this one a pass, if you think the body design will be bad. It's the best signal you could give to Pentax.
04-27-2009, 07:43 AM   #83

QuoteOriginally posted by JHfwp Quote
I would like to see a thread started on unwanted features. I've got big hands and small size is not a characteristic I find useful in a camera. I'm betting I'm not alone either.

Adding to that, I don't want to pay extra for video. I would rather have something well-built than light weight. But it is all about image quality I suppose. I also am not going to pay more for FPS. Or an ISO button. Or marginally improved Live View--which is pretty much worthless to me unlesss the LCD articulates.

The one thing I was really looking forward to was FF. If the image quality is greatly improved, or if the price is low, I won't complain. But FF is eventually going to cost them a lot of sales the way things are now.
sounds like you want a k20d...

04-27-2009, 07:53 AM   #84
Veteran Member

so, a friend, who is under NDA has the camera, let RH check it put, only to apparently make measurements and a few other observations....but no photos with...the most important aspect of a camera. Hmm. And...because NDA may prohibit this, they allow almost every other detail to be shared? Seems a little far fetched...but hey, stranger things have happened.

Jason
04-27-2009, 07:55 AM   #85
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RaduA Quote
1) Build up deniability.

RH could use later this unusual positive posts to criticize at will K-7 like he did before with probably all Pentax dslrs. He will claim that he's impartial but, hey, the new camera just doesn't cut it for him and of course, is a stupid toy next to his vintage C 5D. And he wanted so bad to believe ! Bla, bla, bla ...
You know it may not happen. It reminds me a story that goes like this:

Once upon a time there was a guy who worshiped a god but for some reason he didn't like what this god was doing. So he did a very long prayer, explaining why god's actions sucked. Unfortunately he got no answer at all. This put him in a great wrath and decided from that day to start a blog and call every god's action. He was taking the matter very personnally. The god seemed still to not care for many years until one day one of his most important messenger said "you should cut him some slack". The guy was now very happy, at least his god was talking about him. About Him! Imagine that. The wrath left him and he started to praise his god's new creations. Happy End.
04-27-2009, 07:56 AM   #86
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ennacac Quote
Why would anyone want HD video in a high end DSLR?

If I want HD video I will use my HD video camera and do it right, just give me a DSLR with fast AF and low noise with a Pentax mount.

It reminds me of cell phones, that do all sorts of thing, but none very well including phone reception. Take out the extra junk and give me a product that does one thing extremely well!

Tom
You really can't fight it, so we might as well deal with it. It's a marketable technology that lures new buyers in, and more and more manufacturers will shoehorn it in their DSLRs. I understand your purist concerns. For the moment, I'd also rather have two different devices for stills and videos, but I welcome any new technology that merges the two as long as it doesn't affect the stills aspect of DSLRs I will buy in the future. The D90 was never thought of as less of a stills camera simply because it had video. By all accounts, it is still a good stills camera.
04-27-2009, 07:57 AM   #87
emr

My interpretation of Ned's RH comment/hint was that he has a K-7 in his hands like he says.

EDIT:

QuoteQuote:
Just like any other company in high-tech, we have a number of journalists that represent traditional print as well as web, who have signed NDA's and are at various stages of evaluating a new product offering. We've had long standing relationships with these folks, and this is critical in making sure information about a new product is available at the time of announcement....

I've never met him, but quite a few of you should cut RiceHigh some slack. I don't always agree with what he says, but he has every right to post his thoughts.
04-27-2009, 07:59 AM   #88
Veteran Member

What about dark frame subtraction?

Has anyone heard if the new camera sucks after dark (for my specific use - lightning) like the K20D or if you can turn off the dark frame subtraction?

By the way, I'm excited about video. I have no desire to have a seperate video recorder, with a seperate set of batteries and cords and connectors etc... My next DSLR will have HD video and will hopefully be a Pentax. If this one has video (which sounds fairly confirmed), I may buy it, and if I can turn off dark frame subtraction, I'll be forced to buy it .
04-27-2009, 08:07 AM   #89
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I sure hope this thing isn't the equivalent of a digital LX because that would make it very hard for me to resist. I like my K10 well enough that I haven't really been tempted by the K20. But if the K7 is more of an "industrial strength/straight-forward" type of camera....uh, it might just be my dream digital.
04-27-2009, 08:12 AM   #90
RaduA

QuoteOriginally posted by ManuH Quote
You know it may not happen. It reminds me a story that goes like this:

Once upon a time there was a guy who worshiped a god but for some reason he didn't like what this god was doing. So he did a very long prayer, explaining why god's actions sucked. Unfortunately he got no answer at all. This put him in a great wrath and decided from that day to start a blog and call every god's action. He was taking the matter very personnally. The god seemed still to not care for many years until one day one of his most important messenger said "you should cut him some slack". The guy was now very happy, at least his god was talking about him. About Him! Imagine that. The wrath left him and he started to praise his god's new creations. Happy End.
Manu,

Excellent observation and I should of done it myself if I wasn't so cought up with other insignificant matters. RH is more likely to react positively to a pat on the back than to any other stimulus. This will appraise his sense of purpose for the last years of bitterness and neglect.
Of course this will be only a minor side effect of the fact that Hoya seems to want to compete for real on the market and maybe even set some standards.

Regards,
Radu