Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-27-2009, 02:56 AM   #46

Am I dreaming??

I mean, are we SERIOUSLY considering RH as a reliable source of info???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The same guy who, with or without reason, has beeing consistently bashing Pentax cameras?

There is a reason why some people hold credibility, and some others don't hold any credibility. Those in the second category can't pretend to become reliable sources all of a sudden.

04-27-2009, 03:01 AM   #47
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by cateto Quote
Am I dreaming??

I mean, are we SERIOUSLY considering RH as a reliable source of info???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes. Very seriously. Close to reality.
04-27-2009, 03:03 AM   #48
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Additional "blurred" image of e.g. rear of K-7 would be nice. RiceHigh, can you provide it for us? of course not
04-27-2009, 03:38 AM   #49
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RiceHigh Quote
Similar to D-BG2 and 3.
I would take it that this means there is no AF button on the new grip?

04-27-2009, 03:40 AM   #50
Veteran Member

If you actually held a K-7 in your hands, why didn't you invite Mr. Blurrycam to take a picture?
04-27-2009, 03:42 AM   #51
Forum Member

Another question :-)

What about colour depth? Same as k20d or deeper? :-) 14bits?
04-27-2009, 03:44 AM   #52
Veteran Member

I am curious too...if you had your hands on it so much to be able to report all of this, surely you took photographs with it?

Jason

04-27-2009, 03:49 AM   #53
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
He has said his friend who gave him access was under an NDA, so I'm assuming if he does have pictures he wouldn't release them, in the interest of not getting his buddy in trouble.
04-27-2009, 04:34 AM   #54
Veteran Member

So do we have a price estimate?
04-27-2009, 04:48 AM   #55
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So...

In a nutshell, looks like things (post K7D) are moving toward one carrying a lens with a tiny memory thingy (instead of a camera body) attached.... more like a telescope attached to a box... eh?

...could be... eh?
04-27-2009, 05:17 AM   #56
RaduA

only 3 possibilities

1) Build up deniability.

RH could use later this unusual positive posts to criticize at will K-7 like he did before with probably all Pentax dslrs. He will claim that he's impartial but, hey, the new camera just doesn't cut it for him and of course, is a stupid toy next to his vintage C 5D. And he wanted so bad to believe ! Bla, bla, bla ...

2) A sad economical realization.

That C system is too expensive for him and he must fold back to something with a better price/quality ratio such as Pentax. This gut never stroke me as capable of putting money into gear whatever the brand and I bet upgrading the C to 5D II and adding lenses capable of using that resolution will be very hard for him.
And as we all know by know whatever he uses is the best gear so he must pump Pentax like he did with C before.

3) Pentax bought him for this unprecedented (for Pentax) viral marketing campaign.

Very likely and wise from a business point of view (not sure about the morals though). The persistence (obsession, maybe?) of his work of compiling every single anti-Pentax myth proven or not will assure him a certain credibility if he decides to turn 180 degrees, at least for sometime.
Now some facts:

- NB expresses the wish that RH is let to speak freely. Now, Ned maybe a great guy and all (with his results/actions as the President of Pentax USA I have some problems, not with the guy himself) but I don't recall that someone wanting RH banned here lately. And Ned mentioned specifically pforums in his blog simply because this is the last English speaking forum in which RH was neither banned or he left *by his own will* (an elegant translation of *leave or you will be banned!*). If RH were to be banned here his impact will be tremendously reduced in the community.Yes, it will still be on the first page on google with his blog but this applies mostly to those new to the brand. My take is that Pentax needs him to keep the hype up about the new camera. Of course infos can be leaked by new forum users but those are met with suspicion so RH will be not only the best candidate but also the one that people will think last that's in Pentax team.
- Now RH claims that he has access to the camera and only published so far pretty vague features. Today he claims that he actually measured the camera and as incredible as it may seems he doesn't publish any technical data that could be obtain BY TURNING THE DAMN THING ON. Also the claim that he doesn't want to put his *friend under NDA* in jeopardy is phony as well because he could of just posed the camera and claim he got the info via email from a *source*. Not even him I think is capable of putting images with geotagging infos in EXIF to pinpoint the location were the pics were taken!
It's pretty obvious that RH will continue for the English speakers what Jopy tried to do for the Chinese fora.
Of course it can also be the case of him wanting to build traffic for his SEFAB by releasing bits of infos from time to time. In that case we will hace countless posts of the type: "It's confirmed I turn the camera on and it works!"

The conclusion is that whether RH actually saw the camera and/or pictures + datasheet or he does the dirty job for Pentax you won't get too many facts out of him either way. So, don't fed him by visiting his SEFAB.

Radu
04-27-2009, 05:41 AM   #57
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RaduA Quote
1) Build up deniability.

2) A sad economical realization.

3) Pentax bought him for this unprecedented (for Pentax) viral marketing campaign.

Crazy fantasies. Do you want Pentax to buy YOU? Do you burn with envy?
04-27-2009, 06:06 AM   #58
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Crazy fantasies. Do you want Pentax to buy YOU? Do you burn with envy?
Hahaha... Ouch~

Anyways lets put personal attacks aside, This is the Rumor section, so really nobody is forcing anyone to believe something they don't want to believe.
04-27-2009, 06:19 AM   #59
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JHfwp Quote

Adding to that, I don't want to pay extra for video. I would rather have something well-built than light weight.

But the video feature - 24fps video, if that's what it will be - is going to be an interesting and fun feature. Imagine composing a short film of your family with a Takumar 50 1.4 - some of the gorgeous shots that lens can take, but in HD quality video at 24fps, looking very 'film-like'.
04-27-2009, 06:24 AM   #60

Bottom line:

DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS.

There is already too much noise in the net, let these professional noisers alone with their own boredom.