Photos: Gallery | Albums
HD video is IN.

04-27-2009, 06:27 AM   #62
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
HD video is IN.
and any news in colour depth?
04-27-2009, 06:42 AM   #63

Why would anyone want HD video in a high end DSLR?

If I want HD video I will use my HD video camera and do it right, just give me a DSLR with fast AF and low noise with a Pentax mount.

It reminds me of cell phones, that do all sorts of thing, but none very well including phone reception. Take out the extra junk and give me a product that does one thing extremely well!

Tom
04-27-2009, 06:46 AM   #64
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ennacac Quote
It reminds me of cell phones, that do all sorts of thing, but none very well including phone reception.
At the store
Client: Can you shortly describe differences between this camera and that one?
Staff: Well, there are no differences between these two cameras, except this one is cellphone and that one is music player

04-27-2009, 06:55 AM   #65
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums

If I want HD video I will use my HD video camera and do it right, just give me a DSLR with fast AF and low noise with a Pentax mount.

It reminds me of cell phones, that do all sorts of thing, but none very well including phone reception. Take out the extra junk and give me a product that does one thing extremely well!

Tom
Before I bought my k10d I had a S1 IS canon that also did video. I miss that feature a lot, but not enough to carry separate video and camera equipment -- much less justify the expense.

This is certainly a feature to get me to upgrade from my K10D. Otherwise it takes pictures just fine.
04-27-2009, 06:59 AM   #66
Forum Member

I'm fed of all this little and annoying news. Pentax should present this dslr and get it over with this chatters. We are not children.
04-27-2009, 06:59 AM   #67

QuoteOriginally posted by RiceHigh Quote
You're welcome! :-)

Just compare my measured dimensions to those Official Specs of other Cameras - I believe Pentax won't measure accessories neither, just like what I have done.

Seems a little bigger than the Km and smaller than the K20D. Any information on weight?

Archie

04-27-2009, 07:05 AM   #68
RaduA

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Crazy fantasies. Do you want Pentax to buy YOU? Do you burn with envy?
1) My post was for those who can think thus you're excluded from the start.
2) No, I want to buy Pentax not the other way around. Since I have extremely slim chances to buy the company I started to buy it one piece at the time. Maybe you could do the same, doh?! Please don't make the classic mistake of thinking that we're all for sale just because you think you are. Some of us are not and people like you are not worth to pay for. RH is maybe in the muddy middle IMO.
3) I wish you can avoid personal attacks towards me because although I could make you a compulsive liar with a split personality, with an alter ego on dpreview (yana36) that you futile contest, no more than a sidekick to RH or for that matter WendyB (what about the ff and mf iminent at Photokina, do you remember that?) in general a third hand joke of an *insider* in Pentax plans and as real as a two dollar bill I will refrain from saying any of this !.

Radu

P.S1. The one *burned with envy* I guess is the one relegated to the role of scavenger of the fora and forever proven wrong on countless occasions. . In the very likely case that you don't understand the irony I am talking about you.
P.S2. Anyone wants to bet that tomorrow or the day after RH begins a new thread with his *latest discoveries* about the camera he held the day before? And of course a link to his SEFAB in every post.
04-27-2009, 07:05 AM   #69
Veteran Member

Tom

Spend some time in the Canon 5D forum on dpreview, and you'd be surprised - a lot of professional people using the RED cameras, but a lot are using the 5D MK II also for specialty shooting where the best optics and some DOF magic are needed.

It really can be useful and fun. I have video on my D90, and although I haven't used it much, it is a pretty neat feature to have at times.

The quality of the videos you can create is very high, even if AF does not track (just need to be a careful 'director' or 'editor' )

Overall it's a good move by Pentax to add that feature at this point.

04-27-2009, 07:09 AM   #70
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums

Tom
Except that a video camera has a small sensor compared to DSLR with HD video. I don't care much myself but I understand why some would like to have video with a 'big' sensor.
04-27-2009, 07:12 AM   #71
Veteran Member

So many threads about K7.

Let's see what happens
04-27-2009, 07:12 AM   #72
ogl
Banned

Tom
Video with LIMITED is so tasty.
04-27-2009, 07:13 AM   #73
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by netuser Quote
So many threads about K7.

Where can I find the specs for the new camera ?
No specs. Just some pictures.
04-27-2009, 07:13 AM   #74
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RaduA Quote
Please don't make the classic mistake of thinking that we're all for sale
In a saloon in the wild West, an experienced cowbow teaches a rookie.

-And you see there son, that's Uncatchable Joe.
-Wow, so noone can catch him?
-Noone really cares to.
04-27-2009, 07:18 AM   #75
emr

Radu, if you have a personal axe to grind with the mentioned posters, why not take it to PM or email and not waste bandwidth here with these ad hominem attacks?