Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-27-2009, 03:14 PM   #121
Veteran Member

Leaks are funny beasts. I simply can't trust a man that lacks the integrity to FULLY honor his word but I find myself reading every "slip" of the NDA tongue searching for a morsel of truth. Anyone who puts an NDA camera in someone elses hands is a fool for believing that person will demonstrate greater integrity than their own. Leak away R.H. - Your "buddy" deserves to be famous.

04-27-2009, 03:30 PM   #122
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I would love a chance to struggle with being "bought" by Pentax.

Such trials of the soul that a complimentary K7 would stimulate in me are precisely the kinds of moral battles I love to grapple with.

So Ned: I AM FOR SALE!

;-)
04-27-2009, 03:33 PM   #123

How many MP??
How many fps??.....
04-27-2009, 03:35 PM   #124
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by lawsonstone Quote
I would love a chance to struggle with being "bought" by Pentax.

Such trials of the soul that a complimentary K7 would stimulate in me are precisely the kinds of moral battles I love to grapple with.

So Ned: I AM FOR SALE!

;-)
Well I may not be for sale, but if pentax needs recognition as an rugged outdoor brand, then they do need a thorough arctic outdoor test of it and that I will gladly do

04-27-2009, 03:35 PM   #125

QuoteOriginally posted by Super A Quote
How do you work around that focusing problem in hockey? And are you shooting through the plexiglass?
Yes and No depends on the rink. Here in Nanaimo we have one rink that lets you shoot in between the benches were there is no glass. ( first time I shot there I almost took a puck to my 50-135mm) The other arenas you have to shoot through the glass and that can be difficult. I find that out of 100shots 80% of them are in focus however only around 10-15 % are of any real use.

I tend to prefocus a lot of the time. and even though the CAF on the k20 is slow I find that when I use it in hockey I get a better success rate than using single mode.

here are some of my hockey shots from the World Juniors

Vivid Photography- powered by SmugMug
04-27-2009, 05:14 PM   #126

QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote
I really think that video with the Cosina 55 1.2 or Super Takumar 55 1.8 will be even more tasty

Imagine moving forward through a landscape like;.
I think people that are thinking that video on a DSLR is going to be brilliant should do some reading up on the video available on the Canon 5dmk2, and the Nikon D90, and look at the massive limitations they impose. Marketing is one thing, using it is another.

I'd be impressed if Pentax managed to bring video to the K7 without all the various problems the other brands have.
04-27-2009, 07:02 PM   #127
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
I will have fun when you see K-7.

99% of this info
RiceHigh's Pentax Blog: Pentax K-7 Unofficially Announced!
is naked truth
How about the remaining 1%? ;-D

04-27-2009, 07:33 PM   #128
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by JHfwp Quote
I would like to see a thread started on unwanted features. I've got big hands and small size is not a characteristic I find useful in a camera. I'm betting I'm not alone either.

Adding to that, I don't want to pay extra for video. I would rather have something well-built than light weight. But it is all about image quality I suppose. I also am not going to pay more for FPS. Or an ISO button. Or marginally improved Live View--which is pretty much worthless to me unlesss the LCD articulates.

The one thing I was really looking forward to was FF. If the image quality is greatly improved, or if the price is low, I won't complain. But FF is eventually going to cost them a lot of sales the way things are now.
I am another person in the big hand catagory. I just got my BG3 for my K200D today and it probably will be a permanant fixture on my camera. It's way more comfortable with the grip. I actually fits my hand now. I think for now I'll stick with my big camera. For me smaller is not better.

Last edited by kkoether; 04-27-2009 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Fixed mistake
04-27-2009, 07:36 PM   #129
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kkoether Quote
I am another person in the big hand catagory. I just got my BG3 for my K200D today and it probably will be a permanant fixture on my camera. It's way more comfortable with the grip. I actually fits my hand now. I think for now I'll stick with my big camera. For me smaller is not better.
The K-7 is *not much* smaller than the K200, but just smaller.

And, we should trust the ergonomics of Pentax, which they have been good at. The K-m is really smaller, but yet still very comfortable to hold.
04-27-2009, 07:39 PM   #130
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Are you a fiction writer?

I think a Blog is a Blog - where personal experiences and opinions are expressed. I think you should read this:

The Disclaimer - RiceHigh's Pentax Blog

QuoteOriginally posted by ManuH Quote
You know it may not happen. It reminds me a story that goes like this:

Once upon a time there was a guy who worshiped a god but for some reason he didn't like what this god was doing. So he did a very long prayer, explaining why god's actions sucked. Unfortunately he got no answer at all. This put him in a great wrath and decided from that day to start a blog and call every god's action. He was taking the matter very personnally. The god seemed still to not care for many years until one day one of his most important messenger said "you should cut him some slack". The guy was now very happy, at least his god was talking about him. About Him! Imagine that. The wrath left him and he started to praise his god's new creations. Happy End.
04-28-2009, 12:39 AM   #131
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jianshi Quote
How about the body material? Does it feel like traditional plastic body or with some metallic frame?
Earlier rumors had it to be made of metal.
But judging from the photos it looks very much like the ordinary grey/black plastic material used for the K20/K200/Km.
04-28-2009, 02:11 AM   #132
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RiceHigh Quote
IQ should always come first. 5D's IQ is unbeatable, way better than the K20, even resolution wise (don't just believe pixel count!)
No argument on that from me but you must take into account the fact if you can use a camera at all. As we can always read, people tend to believ that it is not the camera but the person holding the camera which decides the ultimate result.
If this person for some reason cannot work with a camera, even the best IQ is useless...
The circumstances you shoot in may be a big decider as well. If you, like me, like bad weather as well for its sepcial light, miserable people etct etc, no matter what IQ, a sealed camera and lens make shooting soo much easier that you can get better results.

Compare it with a car, ofcourse a Porsche, Ferrari, Aston-Martin, Lamborghini, maserati etc outperform my dented and scratched Subaru Forester but my Subaru allows me to take my chainsaw and other gear deep in the forests where I will fall some trees, it will allow me to ride in the fields and most importantly, when I get a firecall it allows me to "race"over the speedbiumps on the way to the firestation whereas with most other cars I have to throttle down, and the aforementioned cars won't even get past them...

QuoteOriginally posted by ennacac Quote
Why would anyone want HD video in a high end DSLR?

If I want HD video I will use my HD video camera and do it right, just give me a DSLR with fast AF and low noise with a Pentax mount.

Tom
Whil occasionally I feel that a film might be better to record and event, I would not drem of spending money on video camera and all the gadgets that come with it, let alone lugging two different sets around... Video on a dslr may be usefull there...
Many here say they "don't want"video.. I am afraid the market does not work that way. Soon even the high end Canons and Nikons will have it... It will become a "must have"of the dslrs. better to implement it sooner rather than alter or any store clerk will tell poteNtial buyers "forget about the Pentax, you cannot take video with those". "But I want my camera for pictures, not for video, I will have a dedicated video camera for that" "Well there you have a good point but that would mean that you will have to carry two things with you , and you have to switch from one thing to the other".

If there is a sealed camera with video they will say"Go for Pentax, there are not that many sealed video cameras"..
04-28-2009, 05:04 AM   #133
Forum Member

What about this specs? From Rice Highs comments?

15 MP NEW APS-C CMOS SENSOR
ISO 50-6400
5 fps (till 10 fps in 6 MP mode)
100 % viewfinder, 1.1 x
Liveview and HD Video 1920*1080
77 AF points in LV,
11-point TTL double-cross sensor.
77 zones light metering
1/8000 shutter with 1/250 sync
04-28-2009, 05:31 AM   #134
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by blende8 Quote
Think that was projection (ie wishful thinking) based on the "Limited" concept.
04-28-2009, 06:22 AM   #135
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by blende8 Quote
But judging from the photos it looks very much like the ordinary grey/black plastic material used for the K20/K200/Km.
It probably comes down to the whole cost of production once again. I would've loved a metal camera, but if it suddenly ups the cost of the new camera to 5D Mk II levels, I'd rather have the tough plastic instead.