Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-26-2009, 09:26 PM   #1
Veteran Member

K-7 Dimensions - Very Compact!!

Three Sets of K-7 Dimensions Update!

RiceHigh's Pentax Blog: Pentax K-7 Unofficially Announced!

Truely Compact! Especially for an Upper Grade DSLR with those functionalities! Could even Smaller than the K200D (for some and Most Dimensions)!

Big News, Great News! Well Done, Pentax/Hoya!! My Thumb Up!!!

04-26-2009, 09:39 PM   #2

It's similar size to a K-M. Nice. Can't wait to see some review on performance.
04-26-2009, 09:42 PM   #3
Forum Member

this will be interesting to see....
04-26-2009, 09:47 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
if K-7 can get even RiceHigh excited like this, it should be a great camera!

04-26-2009, 09:47 PM   #5
Veteran Member

I like the idea.....I picked up my k20d in December.....I wonder if they will be different enough to warrant keeping both?
04-26-2009, 09:52 PM   #6

OMG, other than compact size, it also has live-view & video recording. So attractive. wouldn't this kills the K-M. I am liking it alot. Time to save up $$$ for May 21st.

Last edited by winglik; 04-26-2009 at 09:58 PM.
04-26-2009, 10:24 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by vizjerei Quote
if K-7 can get even RiceHigh excited like this, it should be a great camera!
Umm.. Yes. I'm so excited! :-)

04-26-2009, 10:32 PM   #8
Inactive Account

I was biking around today with the K20D + DA 21mm in a hip pack today thinking "hrm, if K7 turns out to be smaller and more compact but offers the same (or better) feature set than the K20D, it'd be a perfect body"...
04-26-2009, 10:45 PM   #9
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by legacyb4 Quote
I was biking around today with the K20D + DA 21mm in a hip pack today thinking "hrm, if K7 turns out to be smaller and more compact but offers the same (or better) feature set than the K20D, it'd be a perfect body"...
The same? It will be in league of APS-C semi-pro cameras like D300/A700/D50/E3. And even above in some aspects.
04-26-2009, 11:15 PM   #10
Veteran Member

It's smaller than the K20D but larger than the Km, which is fine but I would not call it very compact, maybe very compact for a top tier aps-c I guess.
04-26-2009, 11:25 PM   #11
Veteran Member

I would like to see a thread started on unwanted features. I've got big hands and small size is not a characteristic I find useful in a camera. I'm betting I'm not alone either.

Adding to that, I don't want to pay extra for video. I would rather have something well-built than light weight. But it is all about image quality I suppose. I also am not going to pay more for FPS. Or an ISO button. Or marginally improved Live View--which is pretty much worthless to me unlesss the LCD articulates.

The one thing I was really looking forward to was FF. If the image quality is greatly improved, or if the price is low, I won't complain. But FF is eventually going to cost them a lot of sales the way things are now.
04-26-2009, 11:34 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Thanks, RH!

This is great, I really can't wait the release of this K7.

RH, do you think you can make a comparison chart as to show the comparison side by side with K20D or K2000? I hope I'm not asking too much.
04-26-2009, 11:43 PM   #13
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by JHfwp Quote
I would like to see a thread started on unwanted features. I've got big hands and small size is not a characteristic I find useful in a camera. I'm betting I'm not alone either.

Adding to that, I don't want to pay extra for video. I would rather have something well-built than light weight. But it is all about image quality I suppose. I also am not going to pay more for FPS. Or an ISO button. Or marginally improved Live View--which is pretty much worthless to me unlesss the LCD articulates.

The one thing I was really looking forward to was FF. If the image quality is greatly improved, or if the price is low, I won't complain. But FF is eventually going to cost them a lot of sales the way things are now.
It will be built well enough and your hands should be alright, don't worry
It is NOT an ultra compact camera. But for what it will bring, I think it is quite compact indeed.
04-26-2009, 11:50 PM   #14

Hey I love my K20d the camera has paid for itself 10 fold. The only thing I have had problems with is in the studio when it wants to hunt for the lock. Very frustrating when shooting kids. The other is indoor hockey. However the later I have been able work around. So if this new camera can give me better af performance well that would be awesome it would help me out so much. However in the end I have a made a decent investment in Pentax. Lets face it they have a Prez that is approachable, They produce some of the best glass, the Pentaxian community is very passionate. I will always use the tool that will get the job done, and if that means I have to be a two brand owner then so be it. But at this moment the big P has allowed me to progress as a photographer and has allowed me to make money at it and for that I am great full. I will always be a Pentaxian at heart and I hope the brand continues to gain support...

Cheers

AC
04-26-2009, 11:59 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by HermanLee Quote
Thanks, RH!

This is great, I really can't wait the release of this K7.

RH, do you think you can make a comparison chart as to show the comparison side by side with K20D or K2000? I hope I'm not asking too much.
You're welcome! :-)

Just compare my measured dimensions to those Official Specs of other Cameras - I believe Pentax won't measure accessories neither, just like what I have done.