Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-27-2009, 09:50 AM   #1
Veteran Member

K7D Leaks Photographer Upgrade Spec

Interesting leak on the recently launched Ice Imaging Blog this morning. Turns out the K7D is such an advanced camera that it is leaking its own set of demands for the photographers it hopes to upgrade to. Looks like I may have some work to do before this camera will be in the market for me.

A few items from the list:

1) Body Color: Not a critical consideration

2) Shake Reduction: Ability to hand hold 1/15 like a rock with shake reduction turned off

3) Dust Reduction: Keeps their gear spotless

4) View Finder: Knows how to find the interesting shot and nail it

5) Manual Zoom: Loves prime lenses and knows how to zoom with their feet

6) Auto Priority Mode: Knows what really matters in life and keeps it all in perspective

7) ISO (Sensitivity): Connects with all subjects on a personal level - Even when shooting the obligatory cat, sunset and flower macros

8) Noise Reduction: Patiently waits for new releases and knows when to shut up and shoot already

9) Durability: Has the stamina to get to interesting places and keep shooting all day with energy to spare

10) Auto Firmware Update: Constantly learning and applying new information

11) Intuitive Help System: Teacher at heart with a history of freely sharing what they know

12) In camera processing: Knows how to get it right in the camera

13) Advanced Image Processing Engine: Knows how to post process to fully translate their vision into something stunning

14) Pop up Flash: Random flashes of brilliance constantly popping into their mind and the ability to translate those ideas into images

15) Advanced Lighting Control System: Knows how to find, create, place and manipulate all forms of light

16) Internal Controls: Keeps their emotions in check when they miss a shot because the camera doesn't focus quickly enough for them (ouch - this camera's been spying on me)

17) Most importantly...

... Unfortunately, that's where the e-mail truncated. Someone must have pulled the plug. I sure wish I knew what that last item was. Ah well, I guess we'll just have to speculate.

(apologies for shameless blog plug but I had to source the leak somewhere)

04-27-2009, 10:40 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
My new camera stresses me out, man.
04-27-2009, 11:40 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

You know, I think ZZTop was talking about this camera in their lyric . . . . "she's about all I can handle, she's too much for my brain . . . ."*

Jer
04-27-2009, 11:45 AM   #4

very vage really...great accurate specs
its about that tall white maybe black um he might of had a beared lol

04-27-2009, 11:48 AM   #5
Veteran Member

I may be halfway there on 10 and 11, but sadly lacking everywhere else. And #11 doesn't get us anywhere if I don't have anything to share.

Now, where did I put my 3 MP, fixed focus HP?? It appears that I'm not qualified for anything else, alas.
04-27-2009, 12:13 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by GoldenWreckedAngle Quote
Interesting leak on the recently launched Ice Imaging Blog this morning. Turns out the K7D is such an advanced camera that it is leaking its own set of demands for the photographers it hopes to upgrade to. Looks like I may have some work to do before this camera will be in the market for me.

2) Shake Reduction: Ability to hand hold 1/15 like a rock with shake reduction turned off

6) Auto Priority Mode: Knows what really matters in life and keeps it all in perspective

7) ISO (Sensitivity): Connects with all subjects on a personal level - Even when shooting the obligatory cat, sunset and flower macros

8) Noise Reduction: Patiently waits for new releases and knows when to shut up and shoot already

9) Durability: Has the stamina to get to interesting places and keep shooting all day with energy to spare

11) Intuitive Help System: Teacher at heart with a history of freely sharing what they know

13) Advanced Image Processing Engine: Knows how to post process to fully translate their vision into something stunning

14) Pop up Flash: Random flashes of brilliance constantly popping into their mind and the ability to translate those ideas into images

15) Advanced Lighting Control System: Knows how to find, create, place and manipulate all forms of light

16) Internal Controls: Keeps their emotions in check when they miss a shot because the camera doesn't focus quickly enough for them (ouch - this camera's been spying on me)

17) Most importantly...

... Unfortunately, that's where the e-mail truncated. Someone must have pulled the plug. I sure wish I knew what that last item was. Ah well, I guess we'll just have to speculate.

Ain't that just like a camera, you take it to bed with you and all of a sudden it becomes so critical out of nowhere.

Wait a second...
04-27-2009, 12:13 PM   #7

Photos: Albums
You Rock! I am not worth. Love the camera centric view.

04-27-2009, 02:19 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
ZZ Top

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
You know, I think ZZTop was talking about this camera in their lyric . . . . "she's about all I can handle, she's too much for my brain . . . ."*

Jer
I loves me some ZZ Top!

I wonder if #17 was, "can afford a Leica but would rather spend lavishly on primes."
04-27-2009, 03:52 PM   #9
Veteran Member

It is impossible to zoom with feet. Zooming does not change perspective, "zooming with feet" does.
04-28-2009, 05:44 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Exactly

QuoteOriginally posted by Edvinas Quote
It is impossible to zoom with feet. Zooming does not change perspective, "zooming with feet" does.
I think a change of perspective is exactly what the K7D was shooting for here.
04-28-2009, 10:32 AM   #11
Veteran Member

I think a change of perspective is exactly what the K7D was shooting for here.

04-28-2009, 03:08 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Edvinas Quote
That's kind of the point of telling students that.

Brilliant OP post, though.
04-29-2009, 09:55 AM   #13
Forum Member

17) Most importantly...

Would be perfect if the LCD of the K7 was steerable/adjustable. With an LCD monitor adjustablethe live view has a real sense on a dslr body.
Knows something about something?
04-29-2009, 01:08 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Few other possibilities for #17...

Frame Rate: Takes at least one picture/day, every day.

Live View: Constantly framing pictures in their mind no matter what they are doing

Pixel (peeping) Density: Less is more - Photographer's pixel peeping density is getting excessive already, what I really want is less noise... refer #8. Would definitely trade a lower pixel peeping density for a higher frame rate any day