Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-29-2009, 03:15 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
K-7 - Mic Input Options

The K-7 is rumoured to have stereo input I have seen a photo of a port that says mic and here's a photo that floating about in a Russian pentax forum so it's pretty much confirmed:

Now for those of you interested in external mics etc read this: Tips and Tricks for the 5D MKII - PART II - Audio Vincent Laforet’s Blog

There is also a bit about field HD monitors:
5D MKII Gear Tips: LCD Monitors Vincent Laforet’s Blog

Attached Images

04-29-2009, 05:17 AM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dopeytree Quote
The K-7 is rumoured to have stereo input I have seen a photo of a port that says mic and here's a photo that floating about in a Russian pentax forum so it's pretty much confirmed:

Now for those of you interested in external mics etc read this: Tips and Tricks for the 5D MKII - PART II - Audio Vincent Laforet’s Blog

There is also a bit about field HD monitors:
5D MKII Gear Tips: LCD Monitors Vincent Laforet’s Blog
Rode video mic :d it works and is cheap, most users would not need stereo anyway
04-29-2009, 05:19 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
The option's there at least
04-29-2009, 06:18 PM   #4
Veteran Member

hahaha and funny thing I posted about the video mic as I have one before reading that he likes it, very good bang for the buck mic really.

05-02-2009, 11:36 AM   #5
Forum Member

The mic port looks photoshopped.

The M in Mic is not all there.
05-02-2009, 01:03 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Very good chance that photo has had some PP done to it. I expect it is one or a part of the official Pentax press release photos. They would be touched up prior to release.

It would be foolish of Pentax to not include a Mic input. It would be genious if they included the software needed to digitally link the seperate video and audio feeds. I think the video guys call this time stamping, and I think it is missing on the 5D.