Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-29-2009, 08:58 PM   #16
Veteran Member

like i asked in the mega-thread: what other camera maker do this with their customers?
hope this teaser wasn't really made by Pentax

04-29-2009, 09:00 PM   #17
Nubi

QuoteOriginally posted by illdefined Quote
like i asked in the mega-thread: what other camera maker do this with their customers?
Of course nooooooot!!
04-29-2009, 09:01 PM   #18

I'm pretty sure it wasn't. It was taken from some photographer's website, and it's been obviously doctored. The most likely scenario (to me at least) is that he either has a K-7 (maybe prototype) or pictures of it and he made this out of it.
04-29-2009, 09:06 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mutedphotos Quote
I'm pretty sure it wasn't. It was taken from some photographer's website, and it's been obviously doctored. The most likely scenario (to me at least) is that he either has a K-7 (maybe prototype) or pictures of it and he made this out of it.
the one posted in the mega-thread was higher quality, no crudely rounded edges and not rejpegged like that.

but i guess you guys are right, Pentax wouldn't be that sloppy right? after Ned B's teaser i guess i'm just a bit wary (and weary).

04-29-2009, 09:09 PM   #20
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
This is great news especially for someone (like me) who has not upgraded the camera in a while. When K-7 is released, I am so definitely gonna get one.

I just hope all these talks and rumours about focus assist lamp, and other great features are real. I will be a happy man if they are!

Right now, I just have to "enjoy waiting"
04-29-2009, 09:22 PM   #21

the one posted in the mega-thread was higher quality, no crudely rounded edges and not rejpegged like that.

but i guess you guys are right, Pentax wouldn't be that sloppy right? after Ned B's teaser i guess i'm just a bit wary (and weary).
It's the same image, just checked. It seems to be from this site: Maksim Chicherin Photography Official Web Site

If the guy who made it has the camera (or a leaked photo) it would make sense that he cloned out the "K-7" to try and avoid any NDA issues. Then again, he could have pulled it from somewhere else as well.

Either way, I'm pretty sure even if the picture of the camera is from Pentax, the "Enjoy Waiting" part was added in photoshop.
04-29-2009, 09:28 PM   #22
ogl
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mutedphotos Quote
It's the same image, just checked. It seems to be from this site: Maksim Chicherin Photography Official Web Site

If the guy who made it has the camera (or a leaked photo) it would make sense that he cloned out the "K-7" to try and avoid any NDA issues. Then again, he could have pulled it from somewhere else as well.

Either way, I'm pretty sure even if the picture of the camera is from Pentax, the "Enjoy Waiting" part was added in photoshop.
He is beta-tester. Has been using K-7 for some time.
04-29-2009, 09:31 PM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by vitalsax Quote
how can i? it's a beauty!

can u?

WOW, and only 6hrs after it was first posted on PF. Congrats....

04-29-2009, 09:47 PM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by two68s Quote
sick bastards...
Hahahaha! :-)))))))
04-29-2009, 10:09 PM   #25
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
OK, I'll be the first to call BS on this photo. Or at least I hope so. Check out the camera strap ring on the right side (left side of camera). Can we say 70s-80s?

Also - that LED next to the shutter release looks suspect to me. Why is it not flat so it can focus the light straight ahead?
04-29-2009, 10:13 PM   #26
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Frogroast Quote
OK, I'll be the first to call BS on this photo. Or at least I hope so. Check out the camera strap ring on the right side (left side of camera). Can we say 70s-80s?

Also - that LED next to the shutter release looks suspect to me. Why is it not flat so it can focus the light straight ahead?
Welcome to the news and rumors section

Last edited by zplus; 04-29-2009 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Added pictures
04-29-2009, 10:16 PM   #27
Veteran Member

I think you might actually be the LAST to call BS on the photos...
04-29-2009, 10:18 PM   #28
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by raider Quote
This is great news especially for someone (like me) who has not upgraded the camera in a while. When K-7 is released, I am so definitely gonna get one.
I have a hunch you may not be the only one ...
04-29-2009, 10:19 PM   #29
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by dave sz Quote
WOW, and only 6hrs after it was first posted on PF. Congrats....
I lol'd a little...I suppose everyone wants to create a thread so it can become famous like the megathread. Or every little new detail deserves its own thread. Or something

As was just quoted by me...you are not the first (check the thread hovering near the top of the news and rumors section...can't miss it).

IF the images already posted are true and correct, it WILL feature old-school SLR lugs.

And read a few responses up for the answer to your second point...
04-29-2009, 11:00 PM   #30
Nubi

But, don't you think that the hype is just a bit too contrived for a company with such a small market share?