Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-30-2009, 04:41 AM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Philippos Quote
You can change ISO on the K20D by pressing the OK button (right under your thumb) and using the front dial. A dedicated ISO button is of no importance to me (you will have to use a dial anyway), UNLESS it's programmable (I really hope it is).
+1. I'd rather press no button and just turn the front e-dial, as I currently do on my K10D in Av & Tv mode.

04-30-2009, 05:06 AM   #47
Veteran Member

White balance?

QuoteOriginally posted by zplus Quote
I would like to agree but the K-7 has a pretty small "lamp", I'm leaning towards the speculation that its a white balance feature.
I wouldn't speculate or bet on that at all.

I would however bet that its a low light AF assist lamp, in fact, I'd put the entire contents of my wallet on it.

To me the K7D looks like an enthusiast design that should retail for about 1,299.00 on introduction.

C
04-30-2009, 05:15 AM   #48
Inactive Account

One thing is not clear for me about this K-7: it does actualy the same fps as K20d or more ?
04-30-2009, 05:34 AM   #49
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by huqedato Quote
One thing is not clear for me about this K-7: it does actualy the same fps as K20d or more ?
it does not I suppose. I predict it has same fps as the good old LX

04-30-2009, 06:27 AM   #50
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RBellavance Quote
+1. I'd rather press no button and just turn the front e-dial, as I currently do on my K10D in Av & Tv mode.
I am sure Pentax allow us to custom setting for the dial in K-7.
04-30-2009, 06:40 AM   #51

If there now is a dedicated ISO button the OK-button could become the white balance button.
04-30-2009, 07:05 AM   #52
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by ions Quote
it does not I suppose. I predict it has same fps as the good old LX
Joking ?

04-30-2009, 09:03 AM   #53

QuoteOriginally posted by CSpronken Quote
If there now is a dedicated ISO button the OK-button could become the white balance button.
I shoot RAW. Most of the times I use my Lowepro AW300 slingshot that has a grey interior and a cleaning cloth that is neutral grey, allowing me on-the-spot WB adjustment. Though I have to admit, exterior and daylight AutoWB on my Pentax has never let me down. Therefore, I really dont' care for in ISO button since in my book it already has one (the OK button I mentioned before), and i don't care for a WB button either.
But, since many of others do seem to believe it makes sense, I have not much to say in this.
04-30-2009, 09:06 AM   #54
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by huqedato Quote
Joking ?
the LX actually does 5 fps with the motor drive LX mounted

(I never even had a normal winder for my MX or LX - couldn't afford that much film...)
04-30-2009, 09:32 AM   #55
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Philippos Quote
I shoot RAW. Most of the times I use my Lowepro AW300 slingshot that has a grey interior and a cleaning cloth that is neutral grey, allowing me on-the-spot WB adjustment. Though I have to admit, exterior and daylight AutoWB on my Pentax has never let me down. Therefore, I really dont' care for in ISO button since in my book it already has one (the OK button I mentioned before), and i don't care for a WB button either.
But, since many of others do seem to believe it makes sense, I have not much to say in this.
Before buying my K10D, I used to consider the lack of WB balance as a drawback (in large part because comparable cameras by every other company has one).

But after 2.5 years of use, I cannot recall a single time where I wished for direct access to WB via a button. It's simply not a setting I change frequently enough, and definitely not something I need to change "on-the-fly" during a photo session.

Having the currently-selected WB displayed on the top LCD, however, would be quite useful.
04-30-2009, 09:35 AM   #56
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I vote for an AF assist beam.

But the more interesting feature is the strap clip. That style usually implies a metal frame. That is either retro or photoshopped.

Big if……

QuoteOriginally posted by vitalsax Quote
how can i? it's a beauty!

can u?

04-30-2009, 09:37 AM   #57
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Back on that site...anyhbody look ABOVE the cropped teaser picture? What's that looooooooong PEN.....tax zoom attached to....

Maksim Chicherin Photography Official Web Site
04-30-2009, 09:41 AM   #58
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

check this out

here's what I am talking about:
Attached Images

04-30-2009, 09:53 AM   #59

QuoteOriginally posted by lawsonstone Quote
Back on that site...anyhbody look ABOVE the cropped teaser picture? What's that looooooooong PEN.....tax zoom attached to....

It's an *istD I believe. Not a K-7.
04-30-2009, 09:54 AM   #60
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by lawsonstone Quote

FA* 300 f2.8 maybe?