Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-30-2009, 06:03 PM   #31

I just came back from a camera shop that did not have one single Pentax item for sale, aside from a few old things in the vintage case. I asked an employee why they excluded Pentax, and she said they stopped carrying Pentax shortly after Pentax fired all of their sales reps--at that point it got too "difficult" for their store to carry and support Pentax stuff.

05-02-2009, 09:57 PM   #32
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by GoldenWreckedAngle Quote
The big bosses want to make a big profit - That is their job. However, contrary to popular belief, big bosses rarely get to be big bosses without developing a genuine caring spirit toward other human beings, especially their employees and customers. I'm sure they have given the matter a little thought.
At times, yes, they did get to where they are by showing compassion for their co-workers, but there are also times when bosses got to where they are by politicking their way to the top.

I'm not making any judgments on the Pentax bosses in question, just a spin-off on your post.
05-07-2009, 02:00 PM   #33
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by vinzer Quote
At times, yes, they did get to where they are by showing compassion for their co-workers, but there are also times when bosses got to where they are by politicking their way to the top.

I'm not making any judgments on the Pentax bosses in question, just a spin-off on your post.
And there are times that employees do well in spite of the fact that they primarily suck wind all day. Fortunately both are rare exceptions rather than the rule. Unfortunately, people tend to forget the truth of the rule and focus on the exceptions, especially when it pertains to people more successful than them. It's easier to believe that the "higher-ups" got there by some unfair advantage than to accept the general truth that the vast majority of them simply worked harder and smarter than most and earned it.

There are jerks at every income level but it is far more difficult to be a jerk and succeed than it is to be a jerk and fail.
05-08-2009, 05:19 AM   #34

I think you're all looking at the negative aspects of the changes for Pentax. Hoya is making the changes to create a more profitable company and to eventually provide better product & service to its loyal customers. Stand By!

05-08-2009, 12:03 PM   #35
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Punky Quote
I think you're all looking at the negative aspects of the changes for Pentax. Hoya is making the changes to create a more profitable company and to eventually provide better product & service to its loyal customers. Stand By!
I agree, in the business world only the strong survive and they need to watch the bottom line.
05-08-2009, 02:05 PM   #36

Photos: Albums
This is no place for your vulgar cartoons. Please keep this site respectable!

Steve N