Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-30-2009, 12:43 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
It's a shame PENTAX!

With all the current hype, don't forget:

Pentax has just fired all employees of Pentax Switzerland and many in Hamburg, Germany.
Shame on you Pentax/Hoya!
What about the "Pentax family"? Where is it, today?

Boohooo!
I protest!

To the bosses:

04-30-2009, 12:45 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by blende8 Quote

Pentax has just fired all employees of Pentax Switzerland and many in Hamburg, Germany.

Boohooo!
I protest!

To the bosses:
Love your GIF!!!
04-30-2009, 12:53 AM   #3

Yeahhhh!!

To all bosses in the world!!!
04-30-2009, 02:12 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Boohooo!
I protest!

To the bosses:
I hope you don't mind me grabbing that gif. It's pretty cool.

But yeah, my thoughts go out to all those laid off employees. Here's hoping Pentax's profits improve so they can re-hire them at a later date (if those employees want to return).

04-30-2009, 04:15 AM   #5
RaduA

I don't care much about management and marketing team from Germany who directed Pentax Europe. They had plenty of time to prove their worth and numbers speak pretty loudly against them. Moving Pentax Europe to Paris cannot be seen like a cost cutting operation because I very much doubt that Paris is cheaper than Hamburg in rents and wages in fact I bet it's the other way around. It's purely a merit motivated move since Pentax France had much, much (can I say it again?) much better performance than any first tier market and at least twice (more likely 3 times) the market share compared to Germany. Have a glance at Amazon France: Amazon.fr Meilleures ventes High-tech: Les articles les plus populaires de la rubrique Kit avec objectif. Mis jour chaque heure. and wonder why you cannot see this kind of performance in your country? Our French friends here tell us that Pentax is available in most shops both in cameras and lenses and the brand is respected and a solid nr 3 on the market.
I hope they will implement this to whole Europe in a much coherent way than Pentax could from the current organization.

About the very skilled engineers and service people I hope that they will be part of a deal with a third party supplier to what Pentax wants to outsource part of the warranty/repair service and they will keep their jobs!

QuoteQuote:

Boohooo!
I protest!
I don't protest at all it seems mostly a good move except that I hope they maintain all the service centers but without corporate bureaucracy.

Radu
04-30-2009, 04:48 AM   #6
ogl
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Fans can't protest.
04-30-2009, 05:33 AM   #7
Veteran Member

My first DSLR a Pentax *ist DL with both kit lenses came from france... I couldn't read the manual so I was forced to learn by trial and error
04-30-2009, 05:38 AM   #8
RaduA

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Fans can't protest.
Ogl, go to bed it's way past your bed time. Don't forget to wash you teeth I bet they are all brown from all the $ |-| I + you ate for so long. And make no mistake if you'll ever work for Pentax I can bet that janitors will be the last ones to go so you'll be safe.
So, please can you be so kind and return to your role on this forum which is to make people really sure that they have really smart pets by comparison to you?

Thanks,
Radu

04-30-2009, 06:09 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Love That Gif !

As long as Samsung is hiring there should be no problem with HoyaPentax cutting most of their dedicated workers loose.

Be very afraid if Samsung shutters their factories & production facilities.

Boohooo!
I protest!

To the bosses:
04-30-2009, 06:34 AM   #10
ogl
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RaduA Quote
Ogl, go to bed it's way past your bed time. Don't forget to wash you teeth I bet they are all brown from all the $ |-| I + you ate for so long. And make no mistake if you'll ever work for Pentax I can bet that janitors will be the last ones to go so you'll be safe.
So, please can you be so kind and return to your role on this forum which is to make people really sure that they have really smart pets by comparison to you?

Thanks,
Radu
teach your kids what to do and what to tell, dear Radu!

Last edited by ogl; 04-30-2009 at 07:14 AM.
04-30-2009, 06:44 AM   #11
Pentaxian

Weiland, I lifted that gif from you fro future use.
Radu, that was pretty harsh don't you think?
04-30-2009, 06:49 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Are you serious?

Should they just keep everyone on staff until they are so bankrupt they have to fire everyone? It's not a family, it's a business. If you've ever been in the position of having to let someone go in order to sustain the bigger picture you would understand just how ill placed your animosity is. There aren't too many bosses, or companies that relish the idea, I assure you.
04-30-2009, 07:27 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
You are right, GoldenWreckedAngle.
We should accept what the big bosses do. They only want our best and know what to do. Who am I to protest?

Seriously, I am pretty sure that the financial gain from this action will be very limited. I predict that the negative effects will outweigh the positive, for us the customers anyway, and, in the end, for Hoya/Pentax.
04-30-2009, 07:30 AM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Samsungian Quote
Love That Gif !
Me too.

What blende8 missed to say. It is not just part of the management or marketing dep which is laid off.

HH offered an amazing level of service for Germany and parts of Europe and the Hamburg service department actually has its own fan base for their excellent work, friendliness, speed and competence. They made many people stay with Pentax and recommend it to their friends.

There is no reason why all this must be destroyed. Moving the EU HQ is one thing. Destroying a center of technical excellence for Pentax is another. The center is not moved. Service will now be outsourced and we all know that this means a bad thing.

To the bosses:
(icon from same source
04-30-2009, 08:15 AM   #15
Inactive Account

I feel sorry for all the worker at Pentax Switzerland. And hope they find employment elsewhere.