Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-16-2007, 03:55 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
New Pentax Australia site!

Just received a link from CRKennedy they have a dedicated site for the Pentax product now. This really bodes well for the Pentax brand in Australia and hopefully means they will start bringing in more Pentax lenses (rather than foisting there Sigma ones on us).

Here is a link to the site
Pentax Australia - Home

04-16-2007, 10:43 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Well it seems that they are becoming more serious about the brand, i never thought i would see CRK kit the DA 18-55, using instead the Sigma 18-50 or 18-125(200)
04-16-2007, 11:20 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
About bloody time! Hopefully they will pull finger and get one here (HA!). Though CRK don't have Pentax here.

Seems to be a few lenses missing on the site though, compared to other Pentax sites.
04-17-2007, 06:21 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Well, there is hardly any pentax lenses available in this country anyway. The website is only a satire for us to be amused with. I have never seen a steak shop that only has tomatos in stock.

In my opinion, I doubt CRK isn't aware of the fact that pentax actually produces lenses!

04-17-2007, 04:21 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Ugh. the Pentax Canada site maybe asthetically pleasing but the layout sucks. You have to fish around through different menus to actually get to the lenses and even then, the information is variable and incomplete.

I like the Australia site. Simple, one toolbar down the side that lists everything.
04-20-2007, 01:12 AM   #6
Veteran Member

A couple of the major camera shops here stock the Limited primes & a couple of zooms usually. Getting a K10D when they were released was hard though.
04-24-2007, 06:36 PM   #7
Veteran Member

There still aren't a surplus of K10Ds out there in Oz even now, one of the reasons I bought mine in Singapore. Shop assistants (I use the word 'assistant' loosely, as it seems to have little meaning in the assistance sense when purchasing a camera in Melbourne) are more interested in pushing Canon or Nikon DSLRs. At least the new local website is a sign that things might be getting back to the old days -- in the early 90s I was sold a Pentax Z1 and the salesman's advice proved to be helpful and correct, he really sold me on the features it had that I wanted.