Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-30-2009, 04:23 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
K-7 in Silver?

If the K-7 is indeed being made out of a complete metal body to match the build quality of the famed Limited lenses, then can we also deduce that they would have the ability to make the body in silver to perfectly match sed lenses (to the overwhelming joy of a certain PF member)?

04-30-2009, 04:30 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think if you take a good look at the photos available thus far (particularly the larger file recently posted in the megathread) it's pretty clear that the exterior of the camera is the same polycarbonate substance as used on the K20D etc. so while we might see a silver (plastic) K7 at some point, the "metal camera" premise is a bit iffy.
04-30-2009, 04:36 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by er1kksen Quote
I think if you take a good look at the photos available thus far (particularly the larger file recently posted in the megathread) it's pretty clear that the exterior of the camera is the same polycarbonate substance as used on the K20D etc. so while we might see a silver (plastic) K7 at some point, the "metal camera" premise is a bit iffy.

That is not clear to me. It looks suspiciously like the magnesium finish of the MZ-S. It is definitely different from the K10D which is less glossy. It could be polycarbonate still though, but the face of the prims in particular looks more like a paint job than moulded polycarbonate. But it could be a trick of the light. Note, however, that all Pentaxes with those straps lugs have been made out of metal...

Last edited by Pål Jensen; 04-30-2009 at 04:50 PM.
04-30-2009, 04:39 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I'm pretty sure Pentax will make a Limited edition (if not several) of the K-7 in due course. Perhaps silver, military green etc...Who knows?

05-01-2009, 06:49 AM   #5
Veteran Member

That'd be sweet, but I think they're concentrating more on the DA limiteds than the FA limiteds.

Now, if they decided to release DA limiteds in silver too... well, I would only complain because it would cost me money!
05-01-2009, 08:02 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm overwhelmed...

QuoteOriginally posted by Buddha Jones Quote
If the K-7 is indeed being made out of a complete metal body to match the build quality of the famed Limited lenses, then can we also deduce that they would have the ability to make the body in silver to perfectly match sed lenses (to the overwhelming joy of a certain PF member)?
a camera that matches the lenses...wow...nahhhh, they'll change it!

Looks like a very nice machine. And I hope it is closely followed by a K5D, a K3D, and a K1D...or are they counting upwards now...?

Cheers,
Cameron
05-01-2009, 01:24 PM   #7

Then they have to call it the "K-Limited".
05-02-2009, 03:29 PM   #8
Veteran Member

I want one in pink. Or polka dot. Or both!