Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-02-2009, 03:32 AM   #1

Will we see a Pentax NX?

....wait, here me out

Firstly the mysterious WB/AF assist looks suspiciously similar

and the second telling fact is that they haven't announced the lens mount of the nx. I've heard cannon mount thrown around but I can't believe that they'd short shift all of the GX20/200/10/100(7?) users who would want this as a second body. I think they've done this so pentax can still announce the pentax version as a surprise.(may 21?)

and by all accounts the NX is "due out in the second half of 2009."

I can imagine Hoya's new vision for pentax is a whole new line of cameras that aren't direct successors to the kxx(x)d lines. With the K-7 equivalent to k20d and the nx to the k200d.

and while I don't want to get anyones hopes up, samsung have been working on a full frame sensor. Wouldn't it be awesome if we had a FF body in six months time.

05-02-2009, 03:42 AM   #2
Veteran Member

This has been discussed. There is absolutely no way whatsoever that the NX is K-mount -- the film to flange distance is far too short to accomodate it. The K-7 is, without a single doubt, an APS-C K-mount body, and the NX will have Samsung's proprietary lens mount. Sorry to disappoint.

And that "mysterious light" looks like a million other cameras -- in fact, more or less any SLR-style camera made in recent years by everyone except Pentax.
05-02-2009, 03:50 AM   #3
emr

Samsung execs have said that it's a new lens mount that could use K lenses with an adapter.

PMA Interview: Samsung: Digital Photography Review

QuoteQuote:
First question is about the lens mount. Is it a new lens mount? Is it the Pentax K mount?
It's our own mount.

So it's a new mount, smaller. Will it be compatible with the K mount used on your current DLSRs?
As far as I understand it will be, using an adaptor. That's part of the plan.
05-02-2009, 03:54 AM   #4
Veteran Member

There will be NO Pentax NX. They said that clearly.

05-02-2009, 07:03 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Bill Stickers Quote
Will we see a Pentax NX?
....No....
05-02-2009, 07:06 AM   #6
Nubi

i second that.
05-02-2009, 07:13 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Several representatives has clearly stated that Pentax are not involved in the Samsung NX project, and that they didn't even had information about it before they read information about it in newspapers...

The NX project is only Samsung and Pentax are not involved.
However, as Pentax and Samsung are co-developing DSLR for K-mount togheter, and they are still doing it, some know-how from those projects may enter the NX.
05-02-2009, 07:22 AM   #8
Nubi

they read information about it in newspapers...

I heard it was not that extreme, but almost. The sad thing was that other manufacturers might have known about it before Hoya. Now, that really blows...