Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-06-2009, 12:29 AM   #121
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RMabo Quote
He does mention iPod further down in his post, perhaps the new K7 will have a one dial click touch sensitive menu system in the LCD.
While I love my iPhone, I also love all the buttons on my K10D. Different tools, different interfaces

05-06-2009, 03:01 PM   #122
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
To begin with, I thought that it was the viewfinder. Pentax invented Pentaprism, so maybe going back to the heart of it all.

But now I think it has to do with how you relate to a camera. Not a gadget driven machine, but an individualized image maker, which will just be a natural extension of your photographic vision.
A new mark following the milestones of cameras like the Asahi SV, Pentax LX, and MZ-S. A great new design that will follow the slipstream of how Leica-philiacs relate to their cameras.
So maybe the ones wishing for a D300 killer, will be disappointed

QuoteOriginally posted by PentaxPoke Quote
Interesting comment. I agree that the viewfinder could be considered the "soul" of an SLR, but what "small detail" could there be in that photo regarding the viewfinder that would relate to the K-7?

My theory is still that the lugs indicate a metal body. That "small detail" (the lugs) are indicative of something much more significant (metal build) which can be "felt and appreciated."

I am enjoying this wait.
Well, fine that some are

QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbob Productions Quote
Speaking of small details - take a look at this crop from the larger version of the photo.

On George's lapel you can clearly see some lettering. Spin it 180 degrees and you get...

Yep - definitely HD video. Gotta love a good internet conspiracy.
Good one
05-06-2009, 08:49 PM   #123
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by zplus Quote
And open source firmware, now THAT would be awesome.
/drool

I would love that. Give me the SDK and I'll pump out some sweet algorithms. Maybe all that Pentax is missing on for some nice features is some programmer manpower.
05-06-2009, 08:58 PM   #124
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by arpaagent Quote
/drool

I would love that. Give me the SDK and I'll pump out some sweet algorithms. Maybe all that Pentax is missing on for some nice features is some programmer manpower.
I'm actually surprised that this hasn't happened yet - it seems like my camera is the only thing I don't have the option to install linux on.

05-06-2009, 09:14 PM   #125
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by heliphoto Quote
I'm actually surprised that this hasn't happened yet - it seems like my camera is the only thing I don't have the option to install linux on.
Well, you could be the first to do a camera hack!

Steve
05-07-2009, 02:56 AM   #126
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by glanglois Quote
It adapts to the user and the moment and the meaning of the moment. It satisfies rather than simply being satisfactory. It supports rather than intrudes. It reveals the path then gets out of the way.

It isn't about the dials, my friends.
It's BS rather than manure. I stinks rather than smells. It says nothing, yet is pretentious in the extreme. It reveals a sucker is born every minute.

It's not a fashion statement, my friends.
05-07-2009, 06:54 AM   #127
Veteran Member

Maybe a "Rubber Soul" is what Ned is speaking to.
05-07-2009, 07:37 AM   #128
Veteran Member

C'mon guys, can't you just Let It Be?

05-07-2009, 08:56 AM   #129

QuoteOriginally posted by heliphoto Quote
C'mon guys, can't you just Let It Be?
If you think metering in the snow is challenging for a camera, imagine how bad it will be with CA, fringing, AND metering when you try and take green mode shots of Lucy in the sky with diamonds.
05-07-2009, 09:10 AM   #130
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mister Guy Quote
If you think metering in the snow is challenging for a camera, imagine how bad it will be with CA, fringing, AND metering when you try and take green mode shots of Lucy in the sky with diamonds.
You can't do that with the k-7. Wait for the LX-D ;P
05-19-2009, 03:49 PM   #131

Push!

check this out:
OK1000 Pentax Blog: On Waiting Until The 20th

"Ned Bunnell drew my attention to this Pentax + Beatles photo on May 2nd. And despite what Ned said, I think that old Pentax does have a design feature of the new camera, which a lot of people guessed correctly. That's the sort of rumor teasing that I love."

Hope it has not been posted yet. And since this threads last post is some time ago (in terms of pre-release hype) i thought this would be interesting. so what is Michael talking about??