Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-01-2009, 09:29 PM   #106

QuoteOriginally posted by jbinpg Quote
@Photomy: My DA* 300 is the best lens I have ever owned or tried. I think you denigrate the general IQ of the Pentax lens lineup too easily.
You may be right. As to the DA 300 I do not own one and have not seen any tests other than Popphoto which may not count. Pentax owners here give a high rating. Popphoto gave it a good rating but it has a bit less resolution in their summary chart than the 55-300 which is surprising. Probably sample variation.

The point that GM and other similar companies in decline need to learn is that Toyota, Honda, Nikon, whoever, do not have to be a lot better, just consistently enough better to be noticed by the consumer or the review tests. AND, there is more information easily available to the consumer comparing products now then ever before. Price of course is always a factor as well. I did notice

I want Pentax to be very successful because I like their philosophy and would like to stay with them.

06-05-2009, 11:12 PM   #107
Forum Member

Interesting, set themselves apart from the "mainstream" in an effort to become more "mainstream". I love it!