Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-04-2009, 12:15 PM   #76
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
There is one problem with body...
Scheduled for release in the second half of 2010......

05-04-2009, 12:23 PM   #77
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dave sz Quote
not gonna happen. 99.99% of all things never live up to the hype. It also depends on which aspects of the hype you believe in...
K10D lived up to the hype.
05-04-2009, 12:23 PM   #78
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
This is just unacceptable
<Yawn>
OK, so this forum is preparing for being disappointed - and for bashing the poor little camera (K-7 or whatever it'll be called) when they'll see it's not really what they would like it to be (probably at least a semipro FF camera with over 20MP and 6-8 fps, for about 1500$ ). Should I do the same, or expect something more down-to-earth (e.g. a K20D successor, quite similar but faster, updated with all bells and whistles) and - when it's time - be happy because Pentax launched another good camera?
History repeats itself, and we never learn.
05-04-2009, 12:33 PM   #79
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Would u buy?

QuoteOriginally posted by dave sz Quote
no flash? Too small? No weather sealing? No SR?
From the photos we've seen there is a flash, SR is selected ON/OFF via menu as someone already said on another discussion, so would you buy if not weather resistant??

05-04-2009, 12:42 PM   #80
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
<Yawn>
I think your boring too.
05-04-2009, 12:47 PM   #81
Veteran Member

Aha !!

QuoteOriginally posted by Mousehill Quote
Scheduled for release in the second half of 2010......
Time to start another series of threads on "The Solution" to the "The Body Problem".

One cannot speculate too early. If left to the end, it's no longer speculation but anticipation.
05-04-2009, 12:48 PM   #82
Veteran Member

this entire thread should be deleted. what a complete waste of electrons.

05-04-2009, 12:55 PM   #83
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by illdefined Quote
What about the neutrons? Protons?
05-04-2009, 12:58 PM   #84
Pentaxian

I think your boring too.
Guess what - I'm not here to entertain you. Probably, I'm here to bore myself to death by reading such useless threads - a lot of whining over zero information.
05-04-2009, 01:04 PM   #85
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Guess what - I'm not here to entertain you. Probably, I'm here to bore myself to death by reading such useless threads - a lot of whining over zero information.
Yourself and everyone else, apparently.
05-04-2009, 01:05 PM   #86

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
There is one problem with body...
Probably related to having or not having on board flash. Just a wild guess. Hopefully they did not leave off PC sync.
05-04-2009, 01:06 PM   #87

QuoteOriginally posted by emr Quote
I wonder who's more ridiculous here - those who post again and again with no new info or we who read and comment all those posts?
He has been the only one on my ignore list (for a while now).
05-04-2009, 01:16 PM   #88
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
+1,000 to Wheatfield...(nt)

When are people going to quit trotting out this old saw? Probably not anytime this century.
The world is moving ahead, and camera technology is moving as well.
The more advanced cameras made today open up photographic opportunities that weren't even though of when I started out, and with it has come changes in the style of photography.
Imagine how many photos Weegee would sell to Sports Illustrated today if he was still shooting with a Speed Graphic (and please be smart enough to recognize that there is some hyperbole in this last sentence)

Form does follow function, and as function advances, so does photographic form.

Unless you shoot with Pentax, which has rigidly stuck to relatively low performance platforms as compared to it's competition since the late 1960's.
Whther this is good, bad or indifferent, I'm not really interested. I certainly can understand the frustration that users might have as they see the competition taking off and Pentax still idling on the runway, wondering if anyone bolted the wings on.
The whole change systems if you aren't happy arguement doesn't cut it either. It's become the Pentax version of Godwin's law, and it isn't valid.
When we buy into a camera system, there is an understanding between the buyer and the company that the company will continue to offer technologies that are competitive. At the moment, the best that Pentax has is comparable to a fourth tier camera from their main competitors.
This is just unacceptable, and it's to be hoped that this new body leapfrogs ahead into a second tier position.
Equally absurd is people complaining about imaginary specifications. At the moment, all we know is that we hope that a new camera will be announced later this month. We know nothing concrete about it's specifications. All we know is that it is supposed to be more advanced than what is being sold by Pentax at the moment.
Well, I'd bloody well hope so. They've got the bar set so low on the other end of the market that a Limbo dancer would slip a disc trying to get under it.

Be hopeful that this camera will be a real performance improvement over the K20, but at least wait for a spec sheet to be released by Pentax before writing the thing off.
At least that way, you'll have a clue about what about it doesn't float your boat.
I told you, no text...that's what (nt) means...ya got it now? What are you lookin' at, punk? Ya wanta piecea me? Ya wanta piecea me?

Cheers,
Cameron
05-04-2009, 01:19 PM   #89
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by illdefined Quote
+1

And do use the "Rate Thread" feature. It is underutilized, and if enough people use it, it would help me to stay away from some threads.
05-04-2009, 01:19 PM   #90
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Lol...

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
It cannot write to storage card?
that's it...software by Micros***! Windows Mobile Photo-beta 0.72534Aii.

Cheers,
Cameron