Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

View Poll Results: Do you have the impulsion to buy the new K-7?
Yes, I want to get it! 10142.98%
No, I'm not interested. 187.66%
No, still need more info and data to decide 11649.36%
Voters: 235. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-05-2009, 12:06 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Anyone wants to buy the new K-7 at this moment?

With all those leaked information about the K-7 up till now, anyone of you have the impulsion to buy the upcoming K-7, at the current moment? Or Not?

Last edited by RiceHigh; 05-05-2009 at 12:11 AM.
05-05-2009, 12:15 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by RiceHigh Quote
With all those leaked information about the K-7 up till now, anyone of you have the impulsion to buy the upcoming K-7, at the current moment? Or, not?
Oh I voted before I read your post....
I meant "yes: buying is on my mind but no I won't be the first to order, my K20D still works for some weird reason".

I have no idea when I will buy but I am quite sure I am not patient enough to do the sensible thing and wait for the price to settle after 6-12 months....
If I buy locally it is impossible for me to be among the first to have it.
With the K20D I could not buy at the brick and mortar store as they told at release that my pre order was not passed on because they could not pre order before it was actually available and when it was available they could not order because all K20D's available in the Netherlands were gone as they were already pre ordered by others... So I told them to pre order one from the next batch that would come... But as it was not in country it was not in their computer system and when it was , all K20D's from the second shipment were allready gone as they were pre ordered by others...

Internetvendors to do not require a parking lot
05-05-2009, 12:23 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by janneman Quote
Oh I voted before I read your post....
I meant "yes: buying is on my mind but no I won't be the first to order, my K20D still works for some weird reason".
Actually, you voted so fast that even I had not made my own vote in my own started poll! I think you really want to have the K-7 very much! :-D
05-05-2009, 12:25 AM   #4
Forum Member

I voted for "No, still need more info and data to decide", but actually it is
"No, still need more lenses to be happy" (like DA15, FA31, DA*55, DA70 or FA77, etc)

05-05-2009, 12:29 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ions Quote
I voted for "No, still need more info and data to decide", but actually it is
"No, still need more lenses to be happy" (like DA15, FA31, DA*55, DA70 or FA77, etc)
So, you should vote Option #2, as you're more interested in new lenses rather than a new body!
05-05-2009, 01:15 AM   #6
Veteran Member

i voted Yes, since currently i don't own digital body - anything with specs higher than my MX is an upgrade.
05-05-2009, 01:40 AM   #7
Forum Member

So, you should vote Option #2, as you're more interested in new lenses rather than a new body!
well, "all_sealed_package" sounds attractive to me too, so i might be interested in it
but in general you're right

05-05-2009, 02:15 AM   #8

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ions Quote
I voted for "No, still need more info and data to decide",
Voted the same way as you.

Will definitely purchase if it incorporates a new AF system rather than just optimized algorithms.

bazz.
05-05-2009, 03:07 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
In risk of being labeled FF-boy or worse, i voted no.

I have K10D and its fantastic camera. I believe i can live with AF speed and usable ISO range, and without video. Imvrovements on those features are nice, but they do not justify spending $1600 to replace the tool that's already doing the job for me.

My next purchase would be a FF camera with K-mount, so my FA31, FA77, K135 and Cosina 55\1.2 would get their real focal lengths.

Thanks,
Ilya.
05-05-2009, 03:14 AM   #10

I am set to upgrade my K10d. I may wait for the price and buzz to settle, or I may not. But I am sure the K7 is in my future.
05-05-2009, 03:24 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
With all those leaked information about the K-7 up till now, anyone of you have the impulsion to buy the upcoming K-7, at the current moment? Or Not?
Count me out. With a *istD, K10D and K20D with enough lens to fill a separate bag I am set for a while. The K7 doesn't seem to be a K20D replacement and I will wait and see what future FF developments emerge.

David
05-05-2009, 03:33 AM   #12
Forum Member

If k-7 will have

- fast & accurate AF
- FPS 5+
- x-sync at least 1/250
- very good IQ at high iso

I'll buy it
05-05-2009, 03:45 AM   #13
Veteran Member

I want it very much. I do not want to buy it.
05-05-2009, 03:48 AM   #14
Veteran Member

The new camera might have super features on paper but I don't want to be an early adopter and pay more than necessary plus I want to make sure all and every major bugs are addressed. Any manufacturer will only be able to make continual improvements in the production line when early adopters provide the necessary consumer feedback/complaints under field testing. I don't want to pay more to be a beta tester...

As a one time early adopter, I had two Nikon D70 fail on me. And just recently at a photo outing, one person had his new Sony A900 suffer a jammed mirror lockup, rendering the camera useless (apparently a known issue). Same with my Canon friends who had their EOS 5D mirrors dropping out... Reliability is what I'm looking for after the irritating iffy focusing issues with the K10D that I had.

It is always nice to have a new camera but it has to prove that it can outperform the K20D in the sensor department. Anyway the way the Japanese yen is currently at, the new camera won't be as cheap as many expect and I don't believe in paying premium and prestige pricing just to have bragging rights...
05-05-2009, 03:55 AM   #15
Forum Member

At the moment it would have to offer A LOT over the K20D - well, considering the rumoured price it would have to be twice as good! Can't see that personally!

I think I'd be better off with a K20D + DA55 (which would still leave me some change!!)