Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-05-2009, 11:54 AM   #1

K-7 styling...looks like an olympus

Sorry if it has been mentioned before (it is hard to wade through all of the K7 speculation threads), but does anybody else think that Pentax drank some Olympus Koolaid when they designed the K7? The leaked K7 photos look a LOT like a Olympus E-620 to me (not that it is a bad thing - IMHO Olympus cameras are probably the best looking on the market).

05-05-2009, 12:38 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by DAP Quote
Sorry if it has been mentioned before (it is hard to wade through all of the K7 speculation threads), but does anybody else think that Pentax drank some Olympus Koolaid when they designed the K7? The leaked K7 photos look a LOT like a Olympus E-620 to me (not that it is a bad thing - IMHO Olympus cameras are probably the best looking on the market).
That's what I thought too, but with regards to the Olympus E-3. Although I think the K-7 is more refined
05-05-2009, 01:09 PM   #3

Funny, I thought E-30.
05-05-2009, 01:11 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Well, this shows how much we know about Olympus

05-05-2009, 01:16 PM   #5

For me I still prefer a larger body, unless they swear there is no compromise between preformance and the "Olympus" size.
Anyway, let's wait for the day: May 21th
05-05-2009, 01:39 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
As someone who knows quite a bit about Olympus, having just come from that camp, I'd have to say it bears a decent resemblance in the overall lines of the body to the E-30. Some hints of other bodies in there as well, but especially the E-30.

Of course, it's not an E-30, and there are notable differences as well.
05-05-2009, 01:48 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Ahem.. I said that in another thread last week. Maybe I should've started a new thread...

Attached Images

05-05-2009, 02:09 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ftpaddict Quote
Ahem.. I said that in another thread last week. Maybe I should've started a new thread...
mmmmmmm Nice. That for the diversion!
05-05-2009, 02:19 PM   #9
DAP

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ftpaddict Quote
Hmmm...maybe. Next time I'll make sure I shun my family/friends/and job in order to dedicate my life to reading all 5 million posts on the k7 in an effort to guarantee that I don't make the eqregious mistake of reposting your undeniably unique observation. If I have stolen any of your thunder...I ask one thousand pardons.

seriously - lighten up man....
05-05-2009, 02:46 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
mmmmmmm Nice. That for the diversion!
Isn't that "diversion" something like what you get to look at everyday at work?
05-05-2009, 02:46 PM   #11
RaduA

Hmmm...maybe. Next time I'll make sure I shun my family/friends/and job in order to dedicate my life to reading all 5 million posts on the k7 in an effort to guarantee that I don't make the eqregious mistake of reposting your undeniably unique observation. If I have stolen any of your thunder...I ask one thousand pardons.

Never mind the guy, he's like the Madame of the Attention Begging Brothel. Where do you think almost all of those 42xx posts came from? Anyway picking on you was very rewarding since he got the pat on the back he was expecting for the sugar cube he held on his nose.

Radu
05-05-2009, 06:17 PM   #12
Forum Member

I don't think anyone who posts an image like that needs to "lighten up" too much.

(A very attractive image, at that.)
05-06-2009, 05:08 AM   #13
Veteran Member

None, absolutely none of the dials or buttons on the K-7 in on the same place as any similar button on the E-620. If you look at the top of both cameras they couldn't be more different.

Wim
05-06-2009, 06:16 AM   #14
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Optical illusion.
05-06-2009, 02:33 PM   #15
Veteran Member

there are currently only 577,345 posts in the entire forum, since its inception (unless Adam archives periodically) and a mere 56,000 threads.

so you're already like, 4.94 million off

one does not need to shun anything to keep a somewhat heads up on the forum, particularly when new threads and posts are represented in big bold black letters.

Last edited by Gooshin; 05-06-2009 at 02:43 PM.