Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-06-2009, 07:34 AM   #121
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
But my pictures could have been shopped too. Om81 is just playing with us
very true, indeed! intriguing, nonetheless.

although i would like to see decrippled mount, i don't see why should pentax do that - green/AE-L button does the trick flawlessly.

05-06-2009, 07:42 AM   #122
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I think Om81 has just in this very moment lost his credit in the international community. This is a sorry thing.
05-06-2009, 07:45 AM   #123
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by elkarrde Quote
green/AE-L button does the trick flawlessly.
Really? Not on my K10D. It's close to worthless, I thought this was well known.

I usually meter (with the green button) at open aperture, and then I stop down the aperture N steps, and double the shutter time N times.
05-06-2009, 07:49 AM   #124
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gazonk Quote
I stop down the aperture N steps, and double the shutter time N times.
Isn't this last step at least easier with AEL coupling in M mode? I mean, press AEL and just stop down?

05-06-2009, 07:51 AM   #125
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
Isn't this last step at least easier with AEL coupling in M mode? I mean, press AEL and just stop down?
In theory, yes. But the metering is close to worthless (pictures are over- or underexposed a lot).
05-06-2009, 07:54 AM   #126
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
I think Om81 has just in this very moment lost his credit in the international community. This is a sorry thing.
I agree with you. For all we know we could be discussing things that are there on the "press kit photos" but what if those photos originate from Om81 in the first place?

The whole time I was thinking about the strange "hole" at the side of the grip, next to the mount. This seems to be shopped too, otherwise this is a *very* strange design move from Pentax. A hole that does nothing, just being a hole?

Wieland, what do you think? Do you also think this might be shopped, but in reality this is the stop-down lever?
05-06-2009, 08:20 AM   #127
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
ржу не могу

05-06-2009, 08:24 AM   #128

QuoteOriginally posted by Rush2112 Quote
Nice specs on that viewfinder, being 100% x 1.0x is dooable on APS-C, as the prism wouldn't have to be nearly as big as a full frame comparison. I'd be pretty happy about that if I were a pentaxian as it would be the best specced APS-C viewfinder in any current DSLR.

I shoot with a 100% coverage viewfinder on one of my other DSLR's and really enjoy knowing the edges of the frame are legit. Much better than a 100% view on the LCD only.

Carl
Couldn't agree more. Less than 100% coverage adds an additional complication to composing that I find very unappealing.

PS. I would call it SAFVOX III EVO. SAFVOX III hardware, but evolution in algorithms and thus performance (or just 3.2).

Last edited by CSpronken; 05-06-2009 at 08:34 AM.
05-06-2009, 08:30 AM   #129
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by emr Quote
Or are ogl and his nadsat droogs going to tolchock an old veck and razrez his cameras?
05-06-2009, 08:36 AM   #130
RaduA

vaidecapulvostrurusilor scrietimultsidegeaba
05-06-2009, 08:39 AM   #131
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RaduA Quote
vaidecapulvostrurusilor scrietimultsidegeaba
05-06-2009, 09:44 AM   #132
Veteran Member

The problem is those under NDA are not giving us answers, we don't want full specs but answers simple yes or no would do to at least get many rumors squashed ( 1.3 crop, square sensors etc ).

Now this is only a prediction of mine

the camera can record video HIGHER than 1080p ( it's a standard that does not have to be kept hard and fast ). There is no point in putting an hdmi port if it only did 480p or 720p. It will have 1080p24 as one of the modes.

we will get full rez at 3.5 fps in raw, faster frame rates in jpeg and lower rez. I believe the camera just can't handle much more than 3.5 fps in raw but the K-7 can do it until the card is full.

Much faster frame rates in live view mode as no mirror/shutter is in the mix but again in jpeg and lower rez. Not full raw.

if not metal a very metalic feel to the build

the improved 14.6 mp sensor will have better noise and dr, the question is how much better.

shutter and sync will be 1/6000 and 1/200 ( no typo ) in optical photo mode, in LV mode I guess since once again we have not mirror or shutter 1/8000 1/250 or better..

all the controls will have very good tactile response and feel to them, from the buttons to the switches and rocker dials and knobs. The camera will just feel right.

There will be a surprise in the finder just matters how much of a surprise.

now some one who really knows the answers just say yes or no
05-06-2009, 10:08 AM   #133
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Torphoto Quote

the camera can record video HIGHER than 1080p ( it's a standard that does not have to be kept hard and fast ). There is no point in putting an hdmi port if it only did 480p or 720p. It will have 1080p24 as one of the modes.
No

we will get full rez at 3.5 fps in raw, faster frame rates in jpeg and lower rez. I believe the camera just can't handle much more than 3.5 fps in raw but the K-7 can do it until the card is full.
No

Much faster frame rates in live view mode as no mirror/shutter is in the mix but again in jpeg and lower rez. Not full raw.

the improved 14.6 mp sensor will have better noise and dr, the question is how much better.

shutter and sync will be 1/6000 and 1/200 ( no typo ) in optical photo mode, in LV mode I guess since once again we have not mirror or shutter 1/8000 1/250 or better..
No

all the controls will have very good tactile response and feel to them, from the buttons to the switches and rocker dials and knobs. The camera will just feel right.
No

Happy now?

Oops... I have to really know the answers? To be under NDA? I've skipped that part
Just ignore my message, then
05-06-2009, 10:42 AM   #134
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Happy now?

Oops... I have to really know the answers? To be under NDA? I've skipped that part
Just ignore my message, then
GRRRRRRRR
05-06-2009, 10:56 AM   #135

QuoteOriginally posted by Torphoto Quote
The problem is those under NDA are not giving us answers, we don't want full specs but answers simple yes or no would do to at least get many rumors squashed ( 1.3 crop, square sensors etc ).

no

no

no

no

nobody knows yet

no no no

dont understand