Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-06-2009, 08:45 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Just one question

What is everybody here going to do on May 21st? I mean after all the specs are published and fact, what will everyone speculate about?

NaCl(just wondering)H2O

05-06-2009, 08:48 AM   #2
Veteran Member

how soon the price will drop
05-06-2009, 08:54 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by NaClH2O Quote
What is everybody here going to do on May 21st? I mean after all the specs are published and fact, what will everyone speculate about?
Didn't you hear about K-L in September and K-X in 2010, the latter being FF?
05-06-2009, 08:55 AM   #4
jeffkpotter

Well, how the new specs impact us, the functionality and efficiency of new features and design, and of course, what this means for the future of Hoya/Pentax. There will be endless bitching about this and that by some, and uncritical praise by others. Some will have a more balanced view.

Last edited by jeffkpotter; 05-06-2009 at 09:03 AM.
05-06-2009, 08:55 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkpotter Quote
Well, how the new specs impact us, the functionality and efficiency of new features and design, and of course, what this means for the future of Hoya/Pentax. There will be endless bitching
about this and that by some, and uncritical praise by others. Some will have a more balanced view.
/thread
05-06-2009, 09:03 AM   #6
Veteran Member

NaCl(just wondering)H2O
I will be by the pool at my parent's house on the French Riviera, (hopefully) enjoying the sun!!

By the end of the day, I'll log in to check the specs and have a chat!
05-06-2009, 09:20 AM   #7
Veteran Member

By the time the K-7 comes down to the price I will be able to afford (bought a DA* 60-250mm today) the rumours will have started on the K20D replacement.

05-06-2009, 09:28 AM   #8

NaCl(just wondering)H2O

Personally I'm going to have a good laugh.
05-06-2009, 09:28 AM   #9
Inactive Account

I haven't seen anything that I would consider reliable specs. We have seen a photo of the top of the camera and heard it's dimensions. All else seems to have an "ish" feel to it. There is even debate on some of the specs, like if the sensor is the same as K20 or new.
05-06-2009, 09:33 AM   #10
Veteran Member

NaCl(just wondering)H2O

QuoteOriginally posted by davemdsn Quote
I haven't seen anything that I would consider reliable specs. We have seen a photo of the top of the camera and heard it's dimensions. All else seems to have an "ish" feel to it. There is even debate on some of the specs, like if the sensor is the same as K20 or new.
:ugh:

10char
05-06-2009, 09:33 AM   #11
Veteran Member

NaCl(just wondering)H2O
I see 2 questions there

On that day...I'll look at it and say "Hmmmm...that's nice. I wonder what the price will be around Christmas." And then go about my day.

After that...we'll see lots of threads on hot pixels, noise, banding, AF issues, FPS too slow, and at least 10 more threads on FF per month.
05-06-2009, 09:45 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Salty, what a silly question! When the specs are released we'll start talking about how ISO6400 is better than K20D's ISO1600, or the VF isn't as bright as they promised, or 5fps is actaully 4.672592fps in real life, or why there's a dash in the name, or why there's a minor mistake in some unidentified EXIF label... All this without ever having held, let alone shot with the camera.

I can't wait to start beeyotchin' about it wit mah P peeps!
05-06-2009, 10:00 AM   #13
Site Supporter

NaCl(just wondering)H2O
I'll be on my honeymoon in Jamaica
I wont get to find out the specs till the 24th :ugh:
oh well I think I'll live...
05-06-2009, 10:11 AM   #14
Inactive Account

NaCl(just wondering)H2O
May 21st is a Thursday. Friday is a better day as at 3:30pm I finish work and the beginning of the weekend.

I'll look to see what all the hype is about but I can't afford whatever it is that will be released so I'm not worried about it anyway. I'll probably just take some photos with an already paid for FF setup
05-06-2009, 10:12 AM   #15
and
Veteran Member

On the 21st the camera may be announced but no one will be able to buy and try it so there will be speculation on the performance and iq. then gradually some ppl will get to handle it at dealers/exhibitions and will start commenting on performance etc.

mainly ppl will discuss if the SAFOX VIII in it is better than the SAFOX VIII in the k20d or the SAFOX VIII in the k100d or the SAFOX VIII in the *ist 35mm camera...