Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-07-2009, 09:16 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkrol Quote
From a different thread:

2 possibilities
1) Body is rubberized referring to the Beatles "Rubber Soul" album.
2) The camera will talk to you and tell you what the buttons are for.... so you don't have to fumble around like George........the voice is soulful..
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/59018-theres-something...tml#post582781
Hahaha like Nav. "Turn front e-dial in 2 seconds." "Turning accomplished. Prepare for shutter release in 4 inches."

They'd better have a female-voice option

05-07-2009, 09:19 PM   #17
ogl
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
may, 20 in China and Spain
05-07-2009, 09:20 PM   #18
Veteran Member

FINALLY...a camera with Live Talk .

Jason
05-07-2009, 09:34 PM   #19
Veteran Member

"live talk"?

maybe Pentax bought OnStar from GM...

05-07-2009, 09:45 PM   #20
Inactive Account

This is an actual conversion between a Pentax user and an OnStar Representative;

"Hello User, is your image ok? It seems a bit out of focus. Are you sure you have the AF button in the right position.

Yes OnStar, the AF is on, however I just crashed into a tree while trying to take a photo while driving.

Hello User, did you have the SR enabled?

Yes OnStar, but I was going pretty fast when I hit the tree and the SR made no difference.

Hello User, you know SR can't help in every situation. I recommend you mount the camera to the dash next time.

Thanks OnStar! Oh, can you call 911 for me, I think my leg is broken...."

Slogan: Do you have a Pentax with OnStar, or a ★ on it?

-
05-07-2009, 09:57 PM   #21
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Miserere Quote
Courtesy of Babelfish:
The main bit:

The digital single-lens reflex which is created from thinking the photographer, is based on the development idea of PENTAX.
The entire picture becomes clear, “NEW K bodily sensation & it holds talk live”.
We would like you to touch very harshest you, promptly in PENTAX.
By all means attendance in the nearby meeting place.

If you managed to read that without laughing, you are a bigger man than I.
Heehee: Why stop at 'Being Different' ...when through the miracles of automated translation, you can be... Kind of disturbing and potentially-scary.
05-07-2009, 10:21 PM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ajuett Quote
this is an actual conversion between a pentax user and an onstar representative;

"hello user, is your image ok? It seems a bit out of focus. Are you sure you have the af button in the right position.

Yes onstar, the af is on, however i just crashed into a tree while trying to take a photo while driving.

Hello user, did you have the sr enabled?

Yes onstar, but i was going pretty fast when i hit the tree and the sr made no difference.

Hello user, you know sr can't help in every situation. I recommend you mount the camera to the dash next time.

Thanks onstar! Oh, can you call 911 for me, i think my leg is broken...."

slogan: Do you have a pentax with onstar, or a ★ on it?

:d

-

lol
05-07-2009, 10:33 PM   #23

scaned this www, no hidden info

05-07-2009, 10:57 PM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Art Vandelay II Quote
Pentax is driving me nuts with this thing. I feel like Eric Cartman waiting on the Wii to arrive. Anyone have a time machine?
Just use your bed. And a lot of pills.....
If you die then thats your own fault!
05-07-2009, 11:05 PM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cypheroz Quote
stuff the teaser ... What's the sensor going to be? Aps-h ????????
no!!!!! Aps-c
05-08-2009, 01:10 AM   #26
Veteran Member

This is good marketing from Pentax, a marketing revolution. I'm surprised that only Mr RiceHigh has commented upon it. Don't you see, don't you get it?

Pentax actually meets the customers directly with this new camera at announcement dae and has live talk discussions with the customers (or is it the camera actually doing the live talk? Hm, perhaps the "new K" comes with built-in Keynote presenter ).

Anyway, instead of issuing a press release and then showing the camera at a show at a later date, and then in the shops to customers about 2 months after the initial announcements, Pentax shows the camera directly to the customer in selected showrooms, at announcement date.

This is spectacular. Meeting the customers directly, and this shows Hoyas new policy and marketing input. Meet the customers. Win the customers at the floor. It is not enough just getting attention by the press, and some of the press is very Nikon and Canon addicts so Pentax doesn't get full attention. Meet the customers, win them at the floor.

I do hope this will be successful, it should be.
You see, you can't do the same thing over and over again and expect a new result. It's just foolish. To achieve a new result, to attract something new, you must do something new. And Pentax (Hoya) has finally understood this now.

I wish them the best.
05-08-2009, 01:44 AM   #27
ogl
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RMabo Quote
This is good marketing from Pentax, a marketing revolution. I'm surprised that only Mr RiceHigh has commented upon it.

I wish them the best.
Mr. Rice High is ready to buy K-7.
It's close to miracle.
05-08-2009, 02:02 AM   #28
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by glanglois Quote
US and UK sites?

OK, so that's asking a lot at this point.

On a serious note, I'll be in London in late May through mid-June. Anyone tell me where I can find a knowledgeable Pentax dealer?

Thanks!
Look for "SRS Microsystems"" They are a Pentax Pro center.
05-08-2009, 02:23 AM   #29
Veteran Member

If - when? - Mr RH buys a K7, I hope he gets a good one. It is really time for Pentax to stop shipping the poor samples to his distributor in China.
05-08-2009, 02:41 AM   #30

^ Post of the year, RMabo!!